Upcoming Films

Quintus

This

Screen-Shot-2022-02-07-at-5~3.jpg

I love the vintage look for the 1930's. 

It has a cheesy quality yet it is classic.

dracula_u-L-F4SANP0.jpg

On 09/02/2022 at 12:31 PM, Jay said:

She was the crazy nurse in Fargo season 4

She was also great in I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

And pretty solid in The Lost Daughter...but that was mostly an Olivia Colman showcase anyway.

On 09/02/2022 at 12:23 PM, AC1 said:

Very A24, guys!

Looks better than Annihilation. I like some of its framing ideas, but it does have this strange BBC look to it...

On 03/02/2022 at 2:56 PM, AC1 said:

A24 Science Fiction thingy ...

A24's version of A.I.?

13 hours ago, Jay said:

This looks like a poster for a fake movie inside another movie, not a real poster, but it is

gzbyi1wjm0h81.jpg

Love this awful photoshop. At least it doesn't try to hide that it his awful photocshop

On 27/01/2022 at 2:47 PM, Disco Stu said:

LOL

On 27/01/2022 at 3:06 PM, Jay said:

That's just gonna be a Superb Owl ad right?

Told ya

Well that trailer gave away absolutely nothing, but it seemed to have incredibly misplaced music judged by the conversation.

Also, does it inspire a lot of confidence that the last movie referenced from the director was released almost 30 years ago (that being Indecent Proposal released in 1993, the others being Fatal Attraction from 1987 and 9/12 Weeks from 1986)?

F7E345A0-9543-4E98-A0D6-968179CE8FEF.png

8 hours ago, rough cut said:

Also, does it inspire a lot of confidence that the last movie referenced from the director was released almost 30 years ago (that being Indecent Proposal released in 1993, the others being Fatal Attraction from 1987 and 9/12 Weeks from 1986)?

Not to the latest generation, no. But I've heard that even some JWFaners are longing for the erotic thriller genre to return to the screen.

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers reboot movie is a family friend Lonely Island thing that pokes fun at Cats and Zemeckis' uncanny valley!?

I like that First Man score, but none of Chazelle's movies have worked for me at all.  I guess I liked First Man the most, but Whiplash was meh (despite absolutely terrific acting of course) and I really just did not enjoy La-La Land at all

I disagree with you on La La Land of course, but even setting aside opinions on the music, Chazelle and Hurwitz have one of the most interesting director-composer relationships in many years.

I've never seen her act (other than an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm she was apparently in that I don't remember), but my wife watches Emily In Paris and she seems to have to go through a range of emotions there from what I've casually observed when she's watching

Collins is a great actress.

I really like her work in Mank.

And her roles in Tolkien, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil And Vile were also strong.

I think she has quite the range as an actress

Not really something I’m looking forward to, but it looks fun enough for the right audience. I used to live this show as a kid.

A concern though. Since they now own everything, are Disney now going to put a Star Wars or an Indiana Jones reference in every movie they make? You can add Marvel here as well, I guess. From the top of my head:

• Free Guy
  • There’s Something Wrong With Ron
  • Rescue Rangers

I’m sure there are more…

It’s not in the good movies either, so they use it to give “bad” movie some legitimacy, but I feel that it ends up tarnishing the franchise they’re borrowing from - in the end, the association we’ll have is just that these franchises pop up in bad movies and the “bad movie-feeling” will carry over to the “big names” franchises themselves. It’s a two way street.

Overexposed in the “wrong context”, the parody will overpower the “real” thing. I will remember that reference for ever, and how will that affect me when I am watching the franchise that I love (and am “supposed” to love)? Do I really want to think about animated chipmunks when I’m watching Temple Of Doom?

Maybe in the 80’s and 90’s it was a cool ting, because crossovers were rare and it was exceptional to see a character pop up in a context where it wasn’t expected (for example Yoda in E.T.), but now I kinda feel put off when it happens.

Also, it’s tiring to hear and see the same references again and again… the Star Wars fanfare, the Raiders’ March, the Darth Vader cameo, the Iron Man reference… ugh.

Or is that all that’s left in the end? You can’t be cool without referencing “a thing”?

I’d rather not.