Upcoming Films

Quintus

This is pretty interesting. 

A horror slasher, mostly from the perspective of the killer.

It has done really well at Sundance.

Huh.  Somehow, there is not one, not two, but three Kick-Ass films in various stages of development, production, the first one which was secret greenlit, cast, and shot already, and is coming out this year

https://collider.com/kick-ass-3-reboot/

Must've been quite sobering for Sewell to discover that he bears a startling resemblance to Nonce Andrew via not much more than the addition of a grey wig.   

You love two films that haven't come out yet?

Do you mean you love the trailers?

I liked both Quiet Place films!

I'm definitely more interested in Love Lies Bleeding than a random prequel with different main characters though

On the one hand I have no need of a sequel. OTOH I respect that they managed to keep this quiet.

(OTOOH that looks GORGEOUS. Disney remains next level.) (No, I never saw Wish.)

9 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Disney announcing a surprise Moana 2

Out this Thanksgiving

They should have called it "Moana, Moana".

7 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

OTOH I respect that they managed to keep this quiet.

Wish they would do this more often.

Mancina returning

5 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

They should have called it "Moana, Moana".

Make way! Make way!

1 minute ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Wish they would do this more often.

Mancina returning

No Miranda?

7 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Cunts.

Netflix, Amazon, and Paramount wanted Coyote vs. Acme but Warner Bros. Discovery refused
According to a new report, Warner Bros. executives who had not even seen director Dave Green’s Coyote vs. Acme rejected multiple offers from Amazon, Netflix, and Paramount to release the film.

Harsh but fair. Also super disrespectful (of WB) to deny all the people who worked hard on the film to have that work seen. I mean it doesn’t sound like great art but doesn’t mean it might not be great fun. 

One nice thing about Superbowl Sunday is all the new trailers and posters!  Here's another one

Wicked looks like dogshit tbh

The fact that it's that close to Oz the Great and Powerful too....I don't understand how two different filmmakers for two different studios get a golden opportunity to expand The Wizard of Oz on a gigantic visual scale in the 21st century and both times are just like "Well obviously it would look like this" 

23 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

It's not clear to me how much this is based on the original book and how much on the musical adaptation. From the trailer I guess it's a bit of both? I like the musical, but I'd like to see an adaptation that's more true to the source novel. Though I suppose that would have to get an R rating and nobody would finance that…

On 12/2/2024 at 6:59 AM, LSH said:

Competing tornado hunter teams, with one of them led by a brash, cocky SOB.... barrels filled with round metal tornado sensors... "we got twins!"... tornadoes that get bigger and badder each time...  

I appreciate the originality of the filmmakers here. I mean, they really went out of their way to find new directions to take this story. Who says Hollywood is a soulless, dying, creatively bankrupt bottom-feeder??

I love the first Twister. I watched it almost every day on VHS when I was a little kid. Something about those cool cars chasing tornadoes left a huge impression on me.

This sequel seems like pure cashgrab to me. The director is Oscar nominated, so I wonder what attracted him to such project.

11 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Competing tornado hunter teams, with one of them led by a brash, cocky SOB.... barrels filled with round metal tornado sensors... "we got twins!"... tornadoes that get bigger and badder each time...  

I appreciate the originality of the filmmakers here. I mean, they really went out of their way to find new directions to take this story. Who says Hollywood is a soulless, dying, creatively bankrupt bottom-feeder??

It's 28 years since the first one and the male lead of it has died in that time. To current Hollywood, that counts as striking while the iron's still hot.