Upcoming Films

Quintus

The Social Network - Trailer: "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

How appropriate.

The one film that I am looking forward to seeing, is "TRON: Legacy". I can't WAIT for this film. Is anyone else fond of "TRON"?

I am! I'm very much looking forward to this film. I'm not terribly impressed with the Daft Punk samples available on the site, but I'm willing to wait and see on this--I would hope that there's at least some degree of reference to the original's Wendy Carlos score.

Trailer for Let Me In:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDPUlcjmQQ

The cast is pretty good, and it definitely doesn't look that bad. Giacchino's name is nowhere to be seen in the credits.

Just realized this one is different than the one I watched at MovieWeb. Here is the newest one:

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/let-me-in/VIrjs129k1FOtA

Hmmm, neither trailer did much for me, though the second trailer you posted was better than the first. I still need to see the original

I'm at the point now where I don't care about the movies. Just give me the music.

The Social Network - Trailer: "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

How appropriate.

:)

I can't even tell this is Dan Akroyd providing the voice. Timberlake's impersonation isn't too bad, either. They've got the characterizations down, but I wonder what the plot will be. I mean, all he did was steal picnic baskets. Who's the antagonist?

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-yogi-bear-hits-big-screen-with-surprise-voice-talent.html

Holy...

So... James Cameron is producing Del Toro's take on "At The Mountains Of Madness" and apparently this will be Del Toro's next film

:(

The film looks okay, could be entertaining fun. I just think it's hilarious that Howard is now doing The Green Hornet and The Green Lantern. I also laughed at how the article trashed Elfman.

Too bad that article has no idea what it's talking about.

Judging by the previews this film looks like a total disaster and Elfman probably saw it too. 5-10 years ago

I would have been excited about JNH scoring a film like this, now I could care less.

WTF is the green lantern anyway? The green hornet has zero potential and all, so it beggars belief that Hollywood is trying to flog this garbage in the first place. The producers must be deluded if they thought they'd get a return.

WTF is the green lantern anyway? The green hornet has zero potential and all, so it beggars belief that Hollywood is trying to flog this garbage in the first place. The producers must be deluded if they thought they'd get a return.

I never heard of the Green Hornet until all this fuss about a movie started up. He's a newspaper publisher who moonlights as a masked crimefighter with a martial arts sidekick. It's based on radio serials from the 30s, movie serials from the 40s, and a TV show from the 60s.

The Green Lantern is a DC comic series about extra-terrestrial beings who wear powerful rings that imbue them with superpowers to fight evil. There are many thousands of them in the universe, serving in a Green Lantern Corps, and this movie will be about the first human to be given a ring and become a Green Lantern.

• 2 weeks later...

I never heard of the Green Hornet until all this fuss about a movie started up. He's a newspaper publisher who moonlights as a masked crimefighter with a martial arts sidekick. It's based on radio serials from the 30s, movie serials from the 40s, and a TV show from the 60s.

I know two things about the Green Hornet. It has that flight of the bumblebee-esque theme song, and it had Bruce Lee at one point.

Quint I am kinda surprised that you've never heard of the Green Lantern, the same way many of my American friends have not heard of Tintin (the original comics). Now, I'm not the comic book knowledge repository, but am I right in thinking that that the Green Lantern is one of the more major characters in the world of comics?

Like most of the DC heroes who aren't Supes, Bats or Wonder Woman, he's virtually unknown in the UK unless you read comics or watch the occasional cartoon. Which could be good for the movie, as people won't necessarily have the baggage that comes with the character in mind (i.e. annoyance that it's not one of the other GLs). Then again, no one knew who Blade was (at least no one who ever read Tomb of Dracula), and that was dead popular.

I hope it's a good flick (which is reasonably assured with Campbell at the helm) and that it does well, if only to convince WB that it's worth backing up Nolan's Superman to the hilt.

Meh. Even if I did agree, it's not like that is saying much. The praise that Aronofsky gets is not backed up by his filmography.

I kinda lost faith in Aranofsky after The Fountain ... I should probably watch The Wrestler.

The Wrestler is pretty good. The Fountain is a forced and overblown love story for New Agers.

Alex

Snyder's films can be dull, but in different ways. He so far hasn't shown much imagination or intelligence in his films, something Aronofsky has.

Although, I just actually watched the trailer for Black Swan, and did not find many appealing things in it. I am not looking forward to it one bit.

Zack Snyder for me is the antithesis of "dull". Film is above all a visual medium and Snyder seems to understand this. Anyone who watches 300 or Watchmen and is bored should find himself another hobby. I mean, the fact that his movies are so thoroughly visually driven should be a treat for any film fan. Zack Snyder is doing exactly what Ridley Scott once did (and was often accused for): he pushes the visuals to the max. He creates emotional expression through style. I never saw a movie like 300 or Watchmen before. And his films are intelligent because he never talks down to the audience. No cheap emotional manipulation a la Mel Gibson or characters that help explain the plot to the dumbest bloke in the audience. There's a self-aware, almost satical tone to his films, something I also feel when I watch a Kubrick film.

Zack Snyder for me is the antithesis of "dull". Film is above all a visual medium and Snyder seems to understand this. Anyone who watches 300 or Watchmen and is bored should find himself another hobby. I mean, the fact that his movies are so thoroughly visually driven should be a treat for any film fan. Zack Snyder is doing exactly what Ridley Scott once did (and was often accused for): he pushes the visuals to the max. He creates emotional expression through style. I never saw a movie like 300 or Watchmen before. And his films are intelligent because he never talks down to the audience. No cheap emotional manipulation a la Mel Gibson or characters that help explain the plot to the dumbest bloke in the audience. There's a self-aware, almost satical tone to his films, something I also feel when I watch a Kubrick film.

lolololololololololololololol

Zack Snyder for me is the antithesis of "dull"...There's a self-aware, almost satical tone to his films, something I also feel when I watch a Kubrick film.

Ahahahahhaha, no! 300 is one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. I think it is not some visual awareness he has, rather than something he regurgitates all over his movies. Watchmen proved that to me. There was no unique visual style in Watchmen because it was the exact same thing as in 300.

Now, admittedly, 300 looked cool at first. It was enjoyable. But after repeated viewings, I realized how empty and DULL the movie was. Pointless action scene after another in slowmo, which gets old extremely fast if you've already seen it.

Hardly. If anything, I think his films are more for the shallow viewer. I mean, Watchmen's only depth was brought to it by the source material. 300 is definitely a lot more popular on a shallow level.