The Dark Knight 2-CD Special Edition official thread (what a mouthful)

Corellian2019

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hans Zimmer probably showed the Academy Awards people his favorite pair of trousers.... In epileptic shock, they repealed their decision.

I would not worry about that, indy4. Batons can be used for more than conducting, if you know what I mean....

The bending of this rule will make me furious if KotCS is disqualified because of the use of pre-existing themes.

It won't be disqualified because of that. I'm just straight-up telling you, don't get your hopes high for a nomination.

Dammit.

This is why the Oscars are a load of bullcrap. It's not about the best. It's about what fits in the rules, and even then they ignore them when they want to. Two Towers was disqualified because they couldn't decide if pre-existing themes were a problem, then they go and nominate Babel.

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that makes me hate the Academy. If they bend their own rules, why not just permanently change them so there will be no bending??

TDK will get nominated for score, I am now sure of it. Whether it will win is another story, I still need to see the other noms. At this point, these could all be possible noms:

The Dark Knight

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

Frost/Nixon

Defiance

WALL*E

Revolutionary Road

Che

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Hmm, I can't think of anything else. That's 8 scores, 5 of which are by only 3 different composers :lol:

What about QoS and Horton Hears A Who?

Neither has a chance. The QoS score didn't make much of a dent, and people don't really remember Horton (the film), much less the score. Koray's list sounds about right to me, although I think that Shore's Doubt could also be up there. I don't really see Indy being nominated. Not much love for it.

Neither has a chance. The QoS score didn't make much of a dent, and people don't really remember Horton (the film), much less the score. Koray's list sounds about right to me, although I think that Shore's Doubt could also be up there. I don't really see Indy being nominated. Not much love for it.

I forgot about Doubt, I saw the trailer for it when I saw Milk. Looks promising. Also on the poster for it in the lobby, one of the reviews actually mentioned Shore' s score. So who knows? :lol:

By using that logic, KotCS doesn't deserve the Oscar because Raiders, ToD, and LC deserve it more.

Correct.

It deserves the Oscar for being the best score of the year.

By using that logic, KotCS doesn't deserve the Oscar because Raiders, ToD, and LC deserve it more.

Correct.

It deserves the Oscar for being the best score of the year.

Wall-E was better.

Nobody here is going to rationally and successfully argue that KOTCS is better than Raiders or TOD.

But saying that KOTCS shouldn't win an Oscar because those other 20+ year old scores are superior is like arguing that just because you were outscored last week in football 14-10, and lost this week 7-6, that you should have won this week's game because 10>7.

And no, that is not the most stupid thing I have ever said here, because I'm keeping track.

For those who are interested - http://www.youtube.com/user/xXDannyGeraldoXx

SWEEEEEEEETT! :lol: :lol: :jump: :jump:

Danny Geraldo must've ordered some sort of Super Deluxe Fast Shipping to get his copy on the same day as the release, though.

YAAAAAAY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmrDH_INF7M My favorite unreleased cue.

Why? :) Because it has that 'epic' theme from BB? ;)

Personally, 0:42-0:58 of 'Bank Robbery Prologue' is pure heaven for me. Allthough I was a little miffed that we didn't the opening whooshing sounds for that same track. But that's nitpicking.

Anyone want to attempt a chronological tracklist combining both CDs?

Than you'll have to edit a lot of materials in the 1st disc.

Bring it on, says I! :lol:

I actually ordered this today ... had a coupon that brought it down to around $35 from Barnes & Noble (with membership). I'm not 100% sold on keeping it ... but worst case scenario, I figure a pristine used copy will fetch back most or all of what I paid.

Anyway, I ALWAYS like to know what chronological order everything *belongs* in ... even if I ultimately decide it's too much trouble to re-edit. So I repeat: bring on the analysis!

I actually ordered this today ... had a coupon that brought it down to around $35 from Barnes & Noble (with membership).

Damn it! :lol: Any hint as to where one can get coupons like those, excluding membership?

This is one expanded set I simply don't give a crap about. I'm told most of it is just variations/remixes, which makes it seem even worse value.

Those who like it, I hope you enjoy :lol:

BTW - those who like it, I hope you're not the same people who thought Indy 4 was absolute rubbish. That's unforgivable surely...

YAAAAAAY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmrDH_INF7M My favorite unreleased cue.

Why? :lol: Because it has that 'epic' theme from BB? :lol:

Personally, 0:42-0:58 of 'Bank Robbery Prologue' is pure heaven for me. Allthough I was a little miffed that we didn't the opening whooshing sounds for that same track. But that's nitpicking.

YES! I still am extremely disappointed that was not included, so when I saw this, I wet myself in excitement.

I don't like the Bank Prologue as much as I expected. It sounds kind of choppy.

Probably because Zimmer wrote the 9 minute "Why So Serious?" suite and then edited it to fit particular scenes by changing the synths and percussion.

BTW - those who like it, I hope you're not the same people who thought Indy 4 was absolute rubbish. That's unforgivable surely...

Well, MissPadmé has admitted to not caring much for Jerry Goldsmith... ;)

So this isn't actually a complete score? It's just a bonus disc of remixes basically?

EDIT: Read on another site that it's basically film versions of the first disc, plus a lot of minutes of remixes.

That's ridiculous for the price. The Zimmer generation must really be dumb.

That's what you call broad taste these days.

That's what you call broad taste these days.

Or is that being close minded?

So this isn't actually a complete score? It's just a bonus disc of remixes basically?

EDIT: Read on another site that it's basically film versions of the first disc, plus a lot of minutes of remixes.

That's ridiculous for the price. The Zimmer generation must really be dumb.

Well, I haven't got the set yet, and I haven't listened to all of the tracks available on YouTube, but for example, "Halfway to Hong Kong" is a cue that wasn't heard on the first album, and it contains the music heard when Alfred bandages Bruce and Bruce observes Rachel on a bank of monitors.

What sucks, though, is that once again the tracks suffer from misleading titles.

The track "Bank Robbery Prologue" is actually better than the suite "Why So Serious?" on the OST. It's more condensed and focused, while the latter is just too long and dull.

The track "Bank Robbery Prologue" is actually better than the suite "Why So Serious?" on the OST. It's more condensed and focused, while the latter is just too long and dull.

I agree, plus the fact that the thematic parts also included in WSS are better mixed IMO in The Bank Robbery.

Maybe because Why So Serious? was a suite track.

And I don't get people being confused by the second disc. Just LOOK at the track titles. Only 4 tracks are remixes. The rest is unreleased score.

Chrono list(Don't be surprised if it's wrong)

01 - Bank Robbery (Prologue)

02 - Buyer Beware

03 - Halfway To Hong Kong

04 - Why So Serious?

05 - I'm Not A Hero

06 - Harvey Two-Face

07 - Aggressive Expansion

08 - Decent Men In An Indecent Time

09 - Always A Catch

10 - Blood On My Hands

11 - You're Gonna Love Me

12 - A Little Push

13 - Like A Dog Chasing Cars

14 - Chance

15 - I Am The Batman

16 - You Complete Me

17 - And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad

18 - Agent Of Chaos

19 - The Ferries

20 - Introduce A Little Anarchy

21 - Watch The World Burn

22 - We Are Tonight's Entertainment

23 - A Watchful Guardian

24 - A Dark Knight

Chrono list(Don't be surprised if it's wrong)

01 - Bank Robbery (Prologue)

02 - Buyer Beware

03 - Halfway To Hong Kong

04 - Why So Serious?

05 - I'm Not A Hero

06 - Harvey Two-Face

07 - Aggressive Expansion

08 - Decent Men In An Indecent Time

09 - Always A Catch

10 - Blood On My Hands

11 - You're Gonna Love Me

12 - A Little Push

13 - Like A Dog Chasing Cars

14 - Chance

15 - I Am The Batman

16 - You Complete Me

17 - And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad

18 - Agent Of Chaos

19 - The Ferries

20 - Introduce A Little Anarchy

21 - Watch The World Burn

22 - We Are Tonight's Entertainment

23 - A Watchful Guardian

24 - A Dark Knight

Psst, I figured out the correct order for the first track: combine 1:55-end of "Decent Men" and all of "Bank Robbery". :P

Pretty good list, overall, though. Now all we need is CJWilkie to go NUTS on his chronological list. :P

Maybe because Why So Serious? was a suite track.

Just because it's a suite doesn't mean it has to be overly long and tiresome.

I'm with Red on this. It does get old after about the first 5 minutes. The following themes work best mainly in the film. Not to mention, it doesn't really return back to the 2-note motif which is really what I liked most about the Joker's theme.