What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

The Mentalist hasn't had a lot going for it the last few seasons, and the plot is arguably poised to get only more ridiculous from here on out, but the final Red John episodes have been fun, and, if nothing else, are keeping me guessing.

I finished S2 of The Walking Dead. It's constantly a combination of good and bad moments. Still, now that this season is over, I want to see the next one. Favorite episode has to be 18 Miles Out. I asked for craziness, I got more craziness. 6,5/10

Shane ... why oh why?!

The Mentalist hasn't had a lot going for it the last few seasons, and the plot is arguably poised to get only more ridiculous from here on out, but the final Red John episodes have been fun, and, if nothing else, are keeping me guessing.

I got caught watching some of the re-runs and coudln't stick with it. There wasn't anything separating it from other police procedurals and the characters were not interesting enough to fall back on.

I got caught watching some of the re-runs and coudln't stick with it. There wasn't anything separating it from other police procedurals and the characters were not interesting enough to fall back on.

For whatever reason, the writers discarded any pretense of making the show character-driven in the second or third season, and the central conflict has become repetitive over the last few seasons. Baker is a skilled actor, but he hasn't been given a lot to work with here. It's too bad, because I go back and watch the first episode, and I feel like the show has all the potential of the first three seasons or so of House.

Correction, I like the auditions during The Voice. The rest is not interesting.

Alex has bashed Joe for liking The Waking Dead.

Correction, I bash shows, not people. Heck, I don't know Joey (except that he's in the bashing of people business, of course).

Agatha Christie's Poirot Season 13 Episode 2 The Big Four: A quite an entertaining adaptation of the Christie novel that many people consider a very weak effort by the estimable crime novelist, cobbled together by linking several of her older short stories. The script writer Mark Gatiss has claimed that it was "an almost unadaptable mess" and in the original form it would have been rather difficult to sell to the audience as it deals with international conspiracies, spies and almost James Bond-esque action on the Belgian sleuth's side. Gatiss and Ian Hallard have done a good job with turning the rather far fetched story into a more grounded and intriguing 1½ hour TV movie.

The adaptation is more down to earth in theme but utilizes some central ideas of the novel as a starting point. Despite being rather episodic in form as different cases are linked together inside the story the nostalgia of bringing back Inspector Japp, Miss Lemon and captain Hastings adds appeal to the whole affair. The episode features some classic Poirot investigation and Philip Jackson's Japp and David Suchet's Poirot seem to work together like no time has passed between Japp's last appearance in the series since 2001 in Evil Under the Sun. The appearance of Pauline Moran's miss Lemon and Hugh Fraser's captain Hasting are more of a cameo but it was nice nod from the film makers and writers to bring both back for the last season of the series. The plot is suitably convoluted but the finale leaves you a bit more baffled rather because the motives of the main villain are somewhat unconvincing but I have seen worse in other shows. Acting is top notch Poirot level with familiar British thespians in major and minor roles. All in all an enjoyable if a bit uneven Poirot adaptation.

Agatha Christie's Poirot Season 13 Episode 4 Labours of Hercules: Another movie based on a novel stitching together several short stories and this shows. In the process of adapting the story there has been heavy condensing of these 12 cases featured in the novel, the writers choosing several key ones for the central elements. The Big Four excised some of the more far fetched ideas presented in the novel but here in Labours the plot seems disjointed and somewhat more implausible than in any other Poirot film. Some of the performances by a fine group of actors can save parts of this film but on the whole it is among the weakest in the series. There are good ideas in there but the execution is clumsy and halting without a clear storyline running through the adaptation. Still I have to applaud them for trying to shoot all the Poirot stories in the Christie bibliography. This is worth watching for the few delicious performances (among them Orla Brady's colorful Countess Vera Rossakoff) and of course for Suchet's portrayal of Poirot.

It's funny that Alex, who has been extremely homophobic at this site, believes he doesn't bash people.

Correction, I like the auditions during The Voice. The rest is not interesting.

Alex has bashed Joe for liking The Waking Dead.

Correction, I bash shows, not people. Heck, I don't know Joey (except that he's in the bashing of people business, of course).

I'm glad that Alex likes the Walking Dead. The more people like it the better it's chance of longevity.

What about season 13 episode 3?

I'll write more extensive thoughts on it later. Dead Man's Folly was a great old fashioned Poirot episode that has the advantage of being adapted from a single novel, not a collection of short stories stitched together.

I finally buckled down and watched the remaining episodes of Robin Hood season 3. Some of my fears about what would happen, namely Robin's new love interests Kate and Isabelle, were founded. No more wry interplay between Robin and the Sheriff, but considering what happened in the previous season, they're not playing games any more. (Friar Tuck and Kate are still no Will and Djaq, that's for certain.) And my point still stands -- a lot of stuff they could've carried over (Much's potential love interest from season 1, Little John's family) or referenced is passed over. But personally, I'm glad the showrunner remembered Allan's betrayal and referenced it. It also helps that Richard Armitage's Guy is given some good focus time.

For all of its faults, the final episode does end the series well. I still wish the producers thought to bring back Harry Lloyd and Anjali Jay for that... it would've made that final exchange between Robin and his Merry Men that more emotional. That said, I haven't cried that much at a main character's death since "The Rains of Castamere" and "The Gift."

They should've got Sally Wainwright to showrun the third season. I don't know if Foz Allen was left to his own devices after Dominic Minghella left, but whoever was did a shoddy job. Wainwright's the kind of writer who does her due diligence and we wouldn't get dreadful additions like Kate and Isabella to the show. (I don't know if going the Doctor Who route would make the show better either.)

But man, I think she could've done something really special with the third season otherwise.

tonight's Walking Dead ending, WOW, just wow.

It was a really great episode. This show has been at the top of its game this last season.

My only disappointment is with

the Governer's return. I knew it was inevitable, but they should have let the character die on the 3rd season so the 4th season could stand on its own feet. It's been doing great without the overblown villain as it is. We'll see what direction they'll take with it, but I wish it didn't have to be so.

tonight's Walking Dead ending, WOW, just wow.

It was a really great episode. This show has bee at the top of its game this last season.

My only disappointment is with

the Governer's return. I knew it was inevitable, but they should have let the character die on the 3rd season so the 4th season could stand on its own feet. It's been doing great without the overblown villain as it is. We'll see what direction they'll take with it, but I wish it didn't have to be so.

you've got to be kidding. that was the wow.

Well, I put off watching season 8 of the X-Files for very long because of the significant cast mixup, and I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as the first 7 seasons. Well, I was wrong, so far the first eight episodes were excellent in my book. The feel is changed, but not for the worse IMO.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who don't think the show suffered at all because of Dogget, Reyes, or any of that. They did what they could when Duchovny left to keep things going well and I enjoyed it all.

He's not, but I think that's half because he has significantly less time to develop (he does down the line a bit) and half because the writers consciously weren't trying to replace Mulder. In fact, that's something I like about him. He's aware that he's coming into a situation where there's a big gap to fill, in the context of the show itself, with Scully, Skinner, etc. - and doesn't try to fill it, just does his own thing. And the writers did the same in the "real world" by not making him a replacement for the fans.

I just think they could have built upon that a little more. After a while, he becomes somewhat one-dimensional. Funnily enough, almost in the same sense that Scully was a bit one-dimensional for me in the first season. It would most likely have improved, had the series had a longer run without Mulder than it did.

Just stumbled upon this news accidentally after looking up the status of American Horror Story season 2 being added to Netflix. When I saw this I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it could be resurrected TWICE. I loved the 3rd season a lot. I'm glad this will give them a better chance to give the characters a proper send-off. I didn't like the idea of leaving it the way they did.

Well, I put off watching season 8 of the X-Files for very long because of the significant cast mixup, and I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as the first 7 seasons. Well, I was wrong, so far the first eight episodes were excellent in my book. The feel is changed, but not for the worse IMO.

Season 8 is quite good actually; darker in tone than many of the previous seasons. I'm not a fan of the mythology element they tried to introduce, and it all went horribly wrong in Season 9, but Season 8 is suprisingy effective.

Yea it's too bad it's only 6 episodes, but at least it will be a proper sendoff.

I wonder if Holder and Linden will just hook up already :P

Season 8 is quite good actually; darker in tone than many of the previous seasons. I'm not a fan of the mythology element they tried to introduce, and it all went horribly wrong in Season 9, but Season 8 is suprisingy effective.

Yes, many episodes I've watched so far are surprisingly gruesome compared to the earlier seasons. I'm a bit dissapointed about the retreat of Mitch Pileggi's character, he was always fantastic, the character as well as the actor.

That all supposedly goes horribly wrong in season 9 is probably good news though, I tend to enjoy what others find horribly wrong (i.e. LOST) ;)

Yes, many episodes I've watched so far are surprisingly gruesome compared to the earlier seasons. I'm a bit dissapointed about the retreat of Mitch Pileggi's character, he was always fantastic, the character as well as the actor.

That all supposedly goes horribly wrong in season 9 is probably good news though, I tend to enjoy what others find horribly wrong (i.e. LOST) ;)

+1

Oh god!

YES

What do you want?

You are not God!

georgeburns.jpg

He is!

Alex

as if you'd know anything about God. I thought a remake of these old films were coming

tonights Governor centric episode of the Walking Dead opens up new avenues for the show.

At first I was annoyed that they'd reduced him to performing fetch quests for Maggie's twin sister. Then I feared he's up to something. Now I believe the show is trying to redeem him, which intrigues me.