For What It's Worth . . .

AzOutcast

. . . I picked this up at BJs for $17.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Park-World-...2411&sr=8-8

So if any of you are missing a score, or just interested in the set and have a BJs close by, it's worth a look. I actually lost both scores some time ago and just never got around to picking them up until today.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused...it says those are DVDs.

It's a boxed set for about 25 dollars on amazon.com that has both the Jurassic Park and Lost World DVDs *and* their respective soundtracks (plus other things apparently, like a film cell). For 25 dollars it's a pretty great deal for all four of those things plus the cool box. So in reality, you are getting the 2 soundtracks for only about 13 dollars. And yes, The Lost World soundtrack in this box does come in a regular jewel case. The covers for the soundtracks in this set look just like the DVD covers do, but they still come with the Spielberg note inside. Well except for The Lost World, which he never noted. Does anyone still find that odd?

Despite the fact I have all three Jurassic Park movies on DVD, I may just get this set for the soundtracks. I never cared for the cardboard popup "case" for The Lost World and I do need to rebuy Jurassic Park's score. For the extra copies of the movies I'll probably give them to my dad. I may have to get this set next month.

Edit: AzOutcast, can you post a picture of the Lost World soundtrack? So that way we get an idea of what the covers and that look like for it in the jeweled case.

Despite the fact I have all three Jurassic Park movies on DVD, I may just get this set for the soundtracks. I never cared for the cardboard popup "case" for The Lost World and I do need to rebuy Jurassic Park's score. For the extra copies of the movies I'll probably give them to my dad. I may have to get this set next month.

Edit: AzOutcast, can you post a picture of the Lost World soundtrack? So that way we get an idea of what the covers and that look like for it in the jeweled case.

Sure thing, just give me a few minutes.

I remember seeing this big box at the stores. It's about the size of the E.T. Limited DVD set box, so basically way too big to go on a shelf with your regular sized DVDs. However it looks like this comes with the actual DVD cases for the movies. That is a great deal.

My copy of The Lost World is in pretty bad condition it has to be said. I got it used from ebay and thanks to the stupid cardboard thing it was already fairly scratched.

But I've already got both DVDs and there's nothing wrong with my Jurassic CD. Not worth getting.

Wow the art work for both scores looks a lot better than their stand a lone counter parts. Well I'm definitely sold on getting this set even if it's for just the soundtracks. Thanks for the pictures AZOutcast.

Bah. This sounds like a really good deal...it's so tempting, since all I actually own thus far is the Jurassic Park OST. But...I guess I'll probably hold off on this. The money tree isn't in particularly good condition at the moment.

Wow the art work for both scores looks a lot better than their stand a lone counter parts. Well I'm definitely sold on getting this set even if it's for just the soundtracks. Thanks for the pictures AZOutcast.

Sorry the front covers suck.

And there was nothing wrong with the JP original covers, anyway...

Good deal, too bad I picked up the adventure pack over the summer. If I knew that this set existed I would have bought it as I don't have any of the JP scores yet (expect for a certain promo). Aw well, money isn't there anyway, as I'm graduating in less than a month and still can't find a job. It looks like a nice set, too bad I didn't see it a year ago.

My copy of The Lost World is in pretty bad condition it has to be said. I got it used from ebay and thanks to the stupid cardboard thing it was already fairly scratched.

But I've already got both DVDs and there's nothing wrong with my Jurassic CD. Not worth getting.

I got my Lost World CD new in that stupid cardboard cut out of a case it came in and it still got scratched up. That had to be the worst idea ever.

If I see this in a store I'll buy it for that price.

I dont know why does it appear in in stock at amazon... but this is so old (pre-JPIII, IIRC) that it should be impossible to find in regular-physical stores.

Yes, wow was exactly my thought. Too bad, though, the scores aren't expanded...

That was my first thought, but then reality came knocking again; hell would freeze over before a set like this has expanded scores.

The only thing that would make me buy the set that would've been remotely possible would have been isolated scores. But wouldn't they have to dig out the tapes for those anyway?

The same low-definition editions of the movies and the same incomplete soundtracks. Considering the fancy packaging, this is set is aimed at JP fans/collectors.

I'll pass and wait for a Blu-Ray set... with isolated scores, hopefully!

Well we know Intrada has cracked the Universal vaults...maybe in time we'll get expanded versions.

Edit: Don't count on the Blu-Ray editions (when ever they're released) having isolated scores.

Well we know Intrada has cracked the Universal vaults...maybe in time we'll get expanded versions.

Edit: Don't count on the Blu-Ray editions (when ever they're released) having isolated scores.

Really? How do you know they cracked their vaults? Just wondering.

And you're right... we probably won't ever see it as an isolated score. Hell, when was the last time they did an isolated score for a DVD? They haven't done those in a long, long time. I guess they were never a good selling point for the "general" buyer.

I don't see why anyone would bother doing expanded versions of either score, to be honest. JP isn't missing much is it - 10 mins maybe? And TLW was heavily tracked and has loads of unscored scenes.

There are a few moments from TLW I still want, especially the complete version of Rescuing Sarah.

Right now all Intrada could do would be to re-issue the original albums. I believe there is a difference between the album rights and access to the complete scores.

I don't see why anyone would bother doing expanded versions of either score, to be honest. JP isn't missing much is it - 10 mins maybe? And TLW was heavily tracked and has loads of unscored scenes.

I really like the unreleased cue from the scene in Jurassic Park in which Sam Neill and whoever are getting into a jeep... or something... God, I couldn't care less for this film. The point is that it's a soft statement of the "Island Fanfare." Isn't there also some unreleased and unused action music that can be ripped from the end credits of a documentary?

As far as I'm concerned, that particular cue is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Jurassic Park unreleased cues, though I'm still glad to have it. I absolutely love the aforementioned cue ("The History Lesson") that plays as they embark in the Jeeps - it's my favorite of the unreleased cues from the film. There isn't a whole that's amazingly groundbreaking in the unreleased parts of the score, and I don't expect we'll ever get a complete release, but it's nice to dream.

Actually TLW has a more significant amount of unreleased music. The score runs about 100 minutes long but in all fairness there is a lot of percussive and suspence music there which might not interest everybody.

JP has a few unreleased cues. The complete score runs more or less 80 minutes in length and is missing several short cues which would be a welcome addition. This is one of those scores I would really like to have a complete release no matter that there is only 10 or 15 minutes of unreleased music.

There are a few moments from TLW I still want, especially the complete version of Rescuing Sarah.

Yes, I want that cue too - I also want the 'history lesson' cue but the jungle sfx at that point are too overbearing. There's also stuff like the t-rex chase and the montana choral piece, but they can be extracted from the DVD pretty cleanly.

But from a label point of view, I can't see them digging out tapes for either such a small amount of unreleased music, or not particularly exciting music.

And in terms of priorities, a complete JP is fairly low. I'd much prefer additional Potter.

Seems a bit stupid to me, for people to do that. Sure, if you don't own either of the DVDs or are missing one of the CDs then maybe, but I'm certainly not buying it when I already own all 4 items and never actually touch the CD once it's ripped anyway.

Yeah, I bought some pack with both JP and TLW. Same editions as in that pack, but they were fullscreen. I replaced them with that trilogy box with the bonus DVD when JPIII came out. And I have both scores. I'm happy.

Indeed. The one and only thing that would ever make me rebuy a set like this would be isolated scores (and KotCS doesn't count given there are only 1 1/2 cues isolated and the files are easily obtained). Simple as that.

Seems a bit stupid to me, for people to do that. Sure, if you don't own either of the DVDs or are missing one of the CDs then maybe, but I'm certainly not buying it when I already own all 4 items and never actually touch the CD once it's ripped anyway.

Well if you have the money to do so then it's no big deal.

I didn't have the DVDs when I bought mine, plus I think the price was what Amazon is charging, I couldn't resist.

I still need Jurassic Park's score and I would prefer The Lost World to be in a jeweled case anyways. So for about $13 for the score isn't that bad of a deal at all. As I said I can give the extra copies of the movies to a family member. I will more than likely buy this set next month.