The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

6 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

I beg to differ.

Thats one of the all-time best Jason kills.  There’s also one later in X where he beats somebody to death with a person in a sleeping bag (which is itself a callback to an all-time great kill in part 7)

UPDATE

Friday the 13th Game Soundtrack release has been temporarily been delayed. It will NOT be coming out July 13th. We will update you as soon as we can. Thank you.

MV

Their new website is launched

http://lalalandrecords.com/

And they are offering 25% your entire order to celebrate

NEW WEBSITE GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION!!!

25% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER!

We have a new webstore – so come celebrate with us and get 25% OFF YOUR ENTIRE order!

Sale starts 7/10 and runs thru 7/22 (applies only to in-stock titles)

25% will be deducted from your total order at checkout

Only at www.lalandrecords.com

You’ll have to register a new account at the store or checkout as guest. We apologize for this inconvenience, but our new webstore will help us improve the way we serve you and will provide you with new features, such as Gift Certificates and more!

If you have placed an order at our original store, don’t worry – your order will be processed and fulfilled as usual.

And we’ll be ready to help at info@lalaland-ent.com

Did they roll back the change or something?  I saw it earlier and it was a new website, but now it looks exactly the same as before on both my phone and desktop.

4 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I like the way it’s obviously new but still retains that 1995 look. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Did they roll back the change or something?  I saw it earlier and it was a new website, but now it looks exactly the same as before on both my phone and desktop.

I'm seeing the new site.  Try holding down CTRL and SHIFT and clicking refresh

Flushing your DNS could fix it then; If not, you gotta wait for the new DNS to propagate out to all DNS servers.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Flushing your DNS could fix it then; If not, you gotta wait for the new DNS to propagate out to all DNS servers.

I'm thinking it's the latter.  I've tried clearing everything and still got the old site.  It's just weird because completely randomly, without knowing they had a new one, I looked at their site at like 7:30am today and saw the new site and the sale announcement.  Now I can't make it come up.  Oh well.  It'll load the new one at some point I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm thinking it's the latter.  I've tried clearing everything and still got the old site.  It's just weird because completely randomly, without knowing they had a new one, I looked at their site at like 7:30am today and saw the new site and the sale announcement.  Now I can't make it come up.  Oh well.  It'll load the new one at some point I'm sure.

I know everyone's fascinated to know, but I just confirmed it's the DNS lookup of my work's ISP.  I turned wifi off on my phone and the new site comes up.  Weird how long it takes for certain providers.

I'd probably try and take advantage of that 25% sale, if I didn't already have TTT CR lined up for this month, or LLL sold other labels' titles (like Intrada does) to throw the Cowboys in, because as of now, there's nothing of hurry I would buy with wholehearted excitement. I want Home Alone but it's not a priority - ST:TMP would be nice but it's the same way - I'm not fully convinced I need the 4-disc Elfman Batman collection... HOLY FUCK THERE'S TITANIC gotta rethink now.

I missed out on a small handful of DC animated scores during the most cashless parts of parental leave in 2016-2017.  Now things are a little more fluid, and I'm sloooowly playing catch up.  Definitely happy to take advantage of the handful of albums I missed that are marked down to $5 (plus additional discount).

I like this new lay-out a lot. Love the fact they're now using HTML headings, means I can get a really quick overview of new releases etc. Re-subscribed to their newsletter too, hoping it will work this time.

I've never seen The Man With One Red Shoe.  Boy those samples sound fun.  I've never heard a Thomas Newman from this early in his career.  The earliest score I've heard is Fried Green Tomatoes from 1991 (and a classic IMO).  These samples sound super dated and 80s but you can definitely hear his distinct compositional voice even this early.  That opening track is basically American Beauty if it had been made in the mid-80s!

I'm really tempted........

I've made probably 30-40 orders from LLL.

One time I received the WRONG shipment, which they let me keep free of charge and promptly shipped my stuff.

One time they lost track of my order and, by the time I reminded them about it (their website said to give them a month before asking, something like that), one of the items had sold out.  They were severely apologetic and offered me just insane amounts of stuff to replace it (which I turned down in favor of a refund, since how much did I really NEED The Knights of Badassdom by Bear McCreary?).

So 2/40 is probably not the best odds when dealing with an online store, but the odds are definitely strongly in favor of you getting your stuff.

I can think of only one occasion where there was a mistake on my order where two copies of a CD showed up on my order (I thought I'd clicked 'buy' twice or something), but only one arrived. They'd refunded me within nanoseconds of e-mailing them.

It's being upfront about issues and mistakes that I like about LLL. I don't see that in a lot of other companies. Varese could learn a thing or two from them.

That's disheartening.  I'd assume at this point you've already paid.

As much as I hate this kind of thing TYPICALLY (it's often done by someone who hasn't even tried to e-mail), maybe you want to make a friendly but firm public post on their thread on FSM to send their attention to your e-mails.

5 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I like this new lay-out a lot. Love the fact they're now using HTML headings, means I can get a really quick overview of new releases etc. Re-subscribed to their newsletter too, hoping it will work this time.

I’m not being funny or anything but how do you tell the difference between layouts? 

Genuine question. Does it make it easier for whatever accessibility software/hardware you use? 

27 minutes ago, mstrox said:

That's disheartening.  I'd assume at this point you've already paid.

As much as I hate this kind of thing TYPICALLY (it's often done by someone who hasn't even tried to e-mail), maybe you want to make a friendly but firm public post on their thread on FSM to send their attention to your e-mails.

I did.

S'alright, I'm more disappointed than angry at the ordeal. I would've liked Alien 3, but I don't NEED it.

Instead of just using info the main "info" address, try emailing Matt directly at :matt@lalaland-ent.com OR better yet, use the new webform on their page to bypass what could be causing the problem (IE, their system blocking you email domain):

https://lalalandrecords.com/contact-us/

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Do it Kasey!  We will not allow you to just shrug and give up.

That's right, Kasey, we're gonna push you through this until you succeed! Your conspicuous benefit will be Alien 3, but your inconspicuous benefit will be the internal confidence to keep persevering! One week it'll be Goldenthal, the next some fly honey!

5 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

That's the email I messaged in the first place!

Whatever address you are emailing FROM is probably read by their system as unsafe, so your email gets blocked.  You could try from an alternate email account, or just use the form in their website I linked to

14 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Sure, happy to answer questions.

Well, lay-outs can radically change the way braille displays/screenreaders present a website when you're blind. For example, if you use headings, I can just press the letter 'h' on my keyboard and read the next heading. So when I'm on JWfan, I can read loads of thread titles without having to read things like who started the thread etc. This is useful because normal people apparently have an instant overview of their entire screen, I don't. LLL's previous website wasn't really screenreader-friendly: I could read everything, but it could all have worked much faster. Now it does.

Interesting! Glad it’s easier for you now anyway! 

52 minutes ago, mstrox said:

@La La Land Records if you're out there my main man kaseykockroach is missing an order and has seen several e-mails unreturned, please see above, many blessings upon you!

Eek! I don't want to get confrontational about it! I haven't even checked yet if the bank account charged me for the order, as I don't even know whether or not it was ever shipped out. Though if I did get charged for it and it got lost in the mail, that's alright. Losing 30 bucks would stink, but tain't the end of the world.

They typically charge when the order is placed, and then ship when they ship.  I don't think it's confrontational to inquire about an issue, and certainly they shouldn't take your $30 without sending you the album.

The album is currently out of stock, so maybe they're just backordered and waiting to ship it to you.  The numerous unanswered e-mails would be a problem, though - I'd guess a communication breakdown or misrouted e-mail to spam, etc.

It also might be worth trying to contact them via the form on the new website (wouldn't get sent to spam).

All the same, I removed the post with the LLL tag in it - it's your issue to pursue as aggressively or non- as you'd like - sorry!

21 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Eek! I don't want to get confrontational about it! I haven't even checked yet if the bank account charged me for the order, as I don't even know whether or not it was ever shipped out. Though if I did get charged for it and it got lost in the mail, that's alright. Losing 30 bucks would stink, but tain't the end of the world.

Oh no you don't! You're gonna call those sick bastards on their line, and say, yeah, triple-L? This is double-K, I want you to know: I still haven't gotten my Alien 3 set. You better get on it before I really make you guys go to La La Land,  got that? Oh, and by the way, let Bruce know I said hi. *hang up*

5 minutes ago, mstrox said:

They typically charge when the order is placed, and then ship when they ship.  I don't think it's confrontational to inquire about an issue, and certainly they shouldn't take your $30 without sending you the album.

The album is currently out of stock, so maybe they're just backordered and waiting to ship it to you.  The numerous unanswered e-mails would be a problem, though - I'd guess a communication breakdown or misrouted e-mail to spam, etc.

Indeed: at worst it's unethical (and illegal), and at best it's poor communication, both of which should be resolved in your favor.