Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

The two newest entries in my collection.

20231218_162212.jpg

Obviously Highlander is a bootleg. Didn't know that when I ordered it. But it's great. It has the score and the songs.

The Thomas Newman is one of my favourites of his. But I feel, I am fine with a handful of his scores. About 80% of his work I am not interested in, at least not for listening on album. But when I find him great then really great like with this score.

3 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

The two newest entries in my collection.

20231218_162212.jpg

Obviously Highlander is a bootleg. Didn't know that when I ordered it. But it's great. It has the score and the songs.

The Thomas Newman is one of my favourites of his. But I feel, I am fine with a handful of his scores. About 80% of his work I am not interested in, at least not for listening on album. But when I find him great then really great like with this score.

Highlander is a boot, right?

On 19/12/2023 at 2:05 AM, Andy said:

How’s the sound quality on Highlander @GerateWohl?

Sorry for my late response. I am probably not such a competent person to ask about this. I am not that audiophil. But to my ears with my equipment it sounds perfectly fine. 

There is one track, that is obviously directly taken from the movies audio track including Sound effects,  this "New York, New York" track from Queen. That is quite rough. But the rest is good.

@GerateWohl May we ask where you got it from?

On 19/12/2023 at 10:42 PM, Jay said:

Arrived yesterday from La-La Land Records

image.jpeg 

Jay, when you do work for the labels, such as on this title, do they pay you in dollars or in soundtracks? ;)

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Jay, when you do work for the labels, such as on this title, do they pay you in dollars or in soundtracks? ;)

I bet @Jay is like me when I work for Universal France! :lol:

image.gif

58 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The only cue you need from Concussion is this one. The rest... not so much.

I'll check it out. The CD was a blind buy at a really good price so a bit of an order filler if that makes sense.

EDIT: I randomly clicked on this track, and I quite like what I am hearing. Very low-key but pleasantly dreamy.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Here’s my Christmas Haul. My Wife got me the Dial of Destiny backpack. I supplied the CDs. 

IMG_2795.jpeg

I got the Wrath of Khan Book and Sneakers. You should show Age of Airplanes more prominently! Have you heard it before?

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Here’s my Christmas Haul. My Wife got me the Dial of Destiny backpack. I supplied the CDs. 

IMG_2795.jpeg

"You supply the backpack, Baby, I'll supply the CD's"

uelDV0.gif

8 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Only 40? Where did you get it?

Price went up again since then:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07713PKXN

Technically, it's a 2023 purchase - it was €39.21 briefly on 26 December (and before that on the 22nd as well). I had a €40 price alarm set on it, so I got notified by email.

11 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Price went up again since then:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07713PKXN

Technically, it's a 2023 purchase - it was €39.21 briefly on 26 December (and before that on the 22nd as well). I had a €40 price alarm set on it, so I got notified by email.

I paid about €30 shortly after it was released (not from Amazon). The price has since gone up.

How do you set a price alarm om Amazon? I usually just monitor stuff in my basket.

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I paid about €30 shortly after it was released (not from Amazon). The price has since gone up.

I've never seen for less than I got it for I think. I haven't been monitoring it too closely though.

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

How do you set a price alarm om Amazon? I usually just monitor stuff in my basket.

https://keepa.com/

10 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I've never seen for less than I got it for I think. I haven't been monitoring it too closely though.

In the Norwegian store where I got it, it started at €40, then I got it for €30 at a 25% sale, then it increased to €80. It seems to have increased to similar prices elsewhere as well.

I just realised: With this box I've now got a duplicate of not only the first CD I ever bought, but also the third. Both will have been in my collection for 30 years this autumn.

On 3/1/2024 at 4:47 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

First music purchase of the year:

PXL_20240103_112736506.MP.jpg

PXL_20240103_113131337.jpg

I had 13 of the albums already (the column on the left), but the 7 in the middle and right columns are new for me. Worth the €40 I paid.

I paid about £30 +3 for shipping. So not bad for £33. I m also new to about 6 of them. The rest I have.

Not bad. Also, I realised in the meantime that I now of course have the first two Spielberg/Williams collaboration albums *three* times…

These arrived yesterday:

image.jpeg

(The Coulais was a used CD)

On 6/1/2024 at 1:35 AM, Amer said:

The last orders from 2023 are here..

20240106_113036.jpg

20240106_113333.jpg

@Amer, do you have a preference for the John Barry books?  Which would you recommend first for a casual Barry fan?

6 hours ago, Andy said:

@Amer, do you have a preference for the John Barry books?  Which would you recommend first for a casual Barry fan?

Both are essential. The MIDAS book is more biographical and covers the various periods of his scores.

Music by JB is a delightful compilation of liner note styled essays devoted to each major film xollaboration. More like the Tim Burton Danny Elfman 'Dance Macabre' book by Jeff Bond.

I don't know for sure if both are still available but I had them bought a year ago and had them just delivered from UK to me last week by a family member who visited me.

The first purchases of 2024!

I just purchased the two FLACs from the latest Mutter album (the tracks composed by John Williams), as well as the physical CD titled 'James Newton Howard - Night After Night (Music From The Movies Of M. Night Shyamalan).'

Cutthroat Island vinyl arrived very quickly from Spain. As you can see from the credits, this is a new mix of the original album, courtesy of Bulk, Matessino and Malone.

20240111_204547.jpg20240111_204552.jpg20240111_204802.jpg

Karol

On 19/08/2023 at 4:04 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

(Plus one Carl Davis album that's still on backorder)

That album was Heroines in Music. I ordered it on 12 August for €4.99. Today I got a refund, because the album is no longer available…