The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

I caved in and ordered it despite the high international shipping. I didn't want to miss out on this one like I did with Die Hard. Just waiting for Die Hard With A Vengeance now.

I think LLL, SAE, and Varese all use flat rate boxes, which don't start lower than $4-$5. Easier for them I suppose, but it costs us an extra $2-$3. It doesn't cost more than a couple bucks to ship a single CD.

Well, I've ordred Die Hard 2 and The Boy Who Could Fly at Varèse Sarabande and I had to pay $ 52,46 which is about € 40,50. If I had ordered from MovieMusic.com I had to pay $ 61.97 which is about € 47,80 and if I had ordered from Intrada I had to pay $ 61,48 which is about € 47,45. And if I ordered at Colosseum, the European distributor of Varèse, I had to pay € 52,90, So Varèse was the cheapest.

I'm only interested in one of the Varese Clubs. In that case, you might as well add it to another order from another vendor, in which case it will be either as expensive or cheaper.

Actually DH2 is a much better score and film than the 3rd.

Not even Jeremey Irons could save that mess. And unless there was a ton of unused music tossed out of the 3rd film, it's basically a rehash of 1 & 2.

I like all three Die Hard films (and scores). Live Free Or Die Hard has flaws but over all I enjoy it. A Good Day To Die Hard looks fun, hopefully it'll be better than Live Free Or Die Hard. I'm also glad they kept the same gal for Lucy McClane from the last film for the fifth.

I got my copy from Peter (Movie Music) yesterday and I'm loving every bit of this score. I definitely noticed some tracking from other cues into other scenes. There's definitely some unused music in a few of the cues.

I am actually liking this a bit more than the first Die Hard score.

Got Die Hard 2 this morning. Now playing. Sounds terrific so far, a more easily enjoyable version of the first score. By which I mean it is much more of a straightforward action scoring, as opposed to more sneeky suspense of the first outing. Witty and exciting. Miss Kamen so much!

Pity the notes are so sparse, though. Would love to read a detailed analysis of this one.

BTW less than 350 copies left now folks! Action/thriller scoring doesn't get much better than this.

Karol

I just got notified today mine is shipped but why has it taken so long when it was released on the 5th?

Anyway, it's on its way and now that it's sold out I'll sell mine for $100 if anyone is interested. lol. Nah. just kidding.

I just got notified today mine is shipped but why has it taken so long when it was released on the 5th?

Anyway, it's on its way and now that it's sold out I'll sell mine for $100 if anyone is interested. lol. Nah. just kidding.

Maybe they just were backed up from so many orders.

• 2 months later...

February 19, 2013

NEW VARÈSE SARABANDE LIMITED EDITIONS COMING!

Two new releases in the Varèse Sarabande Limited Edition series will be announced on February 25th! Two truly excellent scores you may not know but do not want to miss! See you then!

http://www.varesesarabande.us/

• 2 months later...
To celebrate our 35th anniversary, www.varesesarabande.com is offering all of our customers the following deal:
Buy 4 CDs or more, get 20% off of your order.
The deal is simple, when you checkout with 4 CDs or more in the cart, type 42035 into the coupon box when you log in and pay for your order. The system will take 20% off your order before sales tax (if applicable) and shipping.
This deal applies to ALL regular priced CDs that are in stock. You can use this discount on any combination of CDs. Club and limited edition releases, new releases, older catalog titles - it's all on special.
This sale lasts for two weeks and ends on 5/26.

Interesting, of course it won't include preorders if I'm reading it right. I wonder if a new club release will be announced that Monday? ;)

Just ordered:

1 VCL-1139 The Red Pony $15.98 $15.98
1 VSD-7134 Black Gold $13.58 $13.58
1 VSD-7163 For Greater Glory: The True Story Of Cristiada $13.58 $13.58
1 VSD-7175 Rise Of The Guardians $13.58 $13.58
Sub-Total $56.72
Shipping: USPS First Class Parcel $7.35
Sales Tax $0.00
Total Due: $64.07

I guess this sale makes the Spartacus boxset a little more affordable...

Not really you need to get another 3 albums to buy it.

Karol

• 1 month later...
Due to popular demand we are running another storewide sale at www.varesesarabande.com
The rules, like last time, are buy 4 or more CDs, get 20% off your order. This time there are no limits to how many times you can take advantage of the savings.
All in stock CDs are on sale.
Sale runs from today, 6/19/13 to 6/30/13.
At checkout apply promo code VS20 at checkout to apply the savings.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=96971&forumID=1&archive=0