GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

3 hours ago, Jay said:

At least the main title is truly great, though

I disagree, actually. It's catchy, certainly. Very much so. And Djawadi deserves credit for coming up with a theme that remains catchy after years of watching the series. But that's pretty much all there is to it. It's seriously simple, there's no variation or anything, and the arrangement could probably be done in a matter of minutes once you have the melody. All in all, it seems to me like Djawadi just got lucky when he had the inspiration for the melody.

11 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Hehehe...

Wa0fLfR.jpg

I mean, this is pretty central to the whole point of the talked up threat of the White Walkers. Basically, there's little wonder Cersei really gives a shit about them, since by the time they *MIGHT* arrive at King's Landing, she'll be long dead anyway, of old age. 

How rubbish is this! Why bother to send a Crow when you can just send Jon instead? We are witnessing the early days of Amazon Prime in Westeros. 

I hate this sort of thing, it's inexcusable.

40 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I'm guessing the in-story explanation will be that they were waiting to get a dragon, to be able to destroy the Wall 

There will be no explanation, why must everything be e-x-p-l-a-i-n-e-d anyway?

If they do write it off as being precisely that though, like as in an actual brief verbal exchange between the characters... that will be WEEEEEAK. 

If the white walkers can "climb down" the mountain during Hardhome sequence (although you can't really see it) why can't they just climb up the wall? Or maybe they should just build the ships and sail around it like everyone else does? They clearly have enough "braindead" capacity. Besides, it's not like they're going to die doing either of those things. You can just re-animate them again. Why not.

Karol

38 minutes ago, crocodile said:

If the white walkers can "climb down" the mountain during Hardhome sequence (although you can't really see it) why can't they just climb up the wall? Or maybe they should just build the ships and sail around it like everyone else does? They clearly have enough "braindead" capacity. Besides, it's not like they're going to die doing either of those things. You can just re-animate them again. Why not.

Karol

There's some kind of magic from the Children in the foundations of the Wall, so the Dead can't just pass through. I guess it'll be broken if the Wall, or the foundation melts.

I'm sure the Walkers weren't waiting for the dragon. If they were, that'd be dumb. I'm not sure how they would even know about Dany and her dragons.

They must have had some other plan in mind to cross the Wall. They just have a crazy new weapon to add to their arsenal.

Why go through or over the wall when you can go around I always say!

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Maybe that is exactly their plan?

Karol

Oooh that's diabolically nefarious! Playing the truly long game.

Well the Children of the Forest first gave them the cold shoulder and now you wish for them thaw their chilly relationship. The moon will turn blue from the cold before that happens and we'll witness Jon Snow's second resurrection ere these fine fellows shake hands and make up!

At this point the Night King is ripe for yet another Frozen parody methinks!

29 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well the Children of the Forest first gave them the cold shoulder and now you wish for them thaw their chilly relationship. The moon will turn blue from the cold before that happens and we'll witness Jon Snow's second resurrection ere these fine fellows shake hands and make up!

At this point the Night King is ripe for yet another Frozen parody methinks!

:lol:

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

But it takes time to build... oh. Never mind. Carry on.

Why sail when you can just have your tireless undead swim, walk or flounder to your next enemy. Unless like the aliens from Signs they too happen to have the worst Achilles heel a monster can have. Water.

Game of Thrones

Season 8

Episode 3

"Jon Snow's Sense of Snow"

Game of Thrones

Season 8

Episode 5

One Night with the Night King