JWFan Office Pool - Guess the next Williams release, win a prize!

Jay

I'll go with "The Missouri Breaks" just because I figure it to be a minor release of little interest to me.

So here's the deal - Everybody can pick a release from the list below, and whoever is right, I will mail you a film score from a pile of film scores I have that I no longer want.

Thank you for giving us your garbage ;)

Tim

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, mostly crap left now

Jurassic Park/The Lost World Box Set

2008 – Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

2001 – A.I. Artificial Intelligence

2000 – The Patriot

1999 – Angela’s Ashes

1998 – Stepmom

1998 – Saving Private Ryan

1997 – Amistad

1997 – Seven Years in Tibet

1997 – Rosewood

1996 – Sleepers

1995 – Nixon

1995 – Sabrina

1993 – Schindler’s List

1991 – JFK

1991 – Hook

1990 – Presumed Innocent

1990 – Stanley & Iris

1989 – Always

1989 – Born o­n the Fourth of July

1987 – Empire of the Sun

1984 – The River

1977 – Close Encounters of the Third Kind

1976 – The Missouri Breaks

1974 – Conrack

1973 – The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing

1973 – Pete ‘N’ Tillie

1971 – Story of a Woman

1966 – The Plainsman

1966 – The Rare Breed

1965 – The Katherine Reed Story

1964 – The Killers

1963 – Gidget Goes to Rome

1963 – Diamond Head

1962 – Stark Fear

1961 – The Secret Ways

1960 – I Passed for White

Sure...

I'll go for 1941. Just kidding.

That's why I hate to live in Hong Kong. All the good guess were chosen while I am sleeping.

All right. Here is my guess.

The 2 JP box......what? Chosen?

Earthquake. It's the one I really want. Wait, chosen as well.

What's left?

Whatever.

Empire of the Sun, than. I did not buy this one yet.

Back to the Future!

Haha, just kidding. That'll never get a complete release.

And KM, you're probably right. Next thing you know, people will be expecting the film score labels to start doing Disney releases!

Dunno, why should it be Hook? Why should it be JP? We just don't know...

But KOTCS popped into my head just because it's the only 1 of the series that hasn't seen a Special Edition treatment yet. Sure, it's still a new movie, but would they release KOTCS in 20 years and still expect it to sell like hot cakes?

We're not guessing at random here, Josh. Hook has been heavily hinted at for the past year. Jurassic Park because the trilogy is being released on Blu next month. If you honestly believe it's going to be Indiana Jones or Harry Potter I don't know what to say.

Well, I understand that there were hints but, like I said somewhere else, those hints weren't convincing at all. And wasn't the latest news that it was definitely not "Hook"?

So for me, it still could be anything. ;)

All the evidence so far points conclusively toward Stark Fear. I'll PM you my mailing address shortly, Jason.

I think the only stark fear in this thread is KMs. And that has been already released.

to sell like hot cakes?

Why would anyone wanna buy a hot cake? It would burn your fingers, then your mouth, then the piping hot filling would drip on to your pants, staining them and then seeping through to burn your crotch, at which point you'd suddenly leap up and bellow "OOOOUCH"!, further scalding your fingers so you fumble with and drop the wretched thing on the ground.

All the while being chuckled at by a pretty girl passing by who saw the whole thing...

I guess I guess A.I

Sounds like you're speaking from experience... :lol:

Anyway it's a phrase. ;)

I guess I guess A.I

I would love if if it was A.I.

Even though I have the Oscar promo thing, it would really be nice if we had an official release, as well, with liner notes from MM.

Artificial intellingence, because we already have an amost complete unoficial score....that's our luck... :P

that or the man who loved cat dancing, hehe. or the missouri breaks, since if got re-print only a few years back. :P

I think the most realistic option is something older from FSM, and Hook from LLL towards December.

However, I'd love either of the Jurassics to be involved somehow. If Universal will allow Intrada to handle BTTF, I don't see why they'd refuse Jurassic, after seeing the result of Intrada's efforts.

My guess and hope has been and always shall be Star Wars: The Complete Saga. This is the time to do it.

tannhauser already picked that one. You can select another

Artificial intellingence, because we already have an amost complete unoficial score....that's our luck... :P

that or the man who loved cat dancing, hehe. or the missouri breaks, since if got re-print only a few years back. :P

AI already picked that one. You can select another

I'm sorry to change again, but...

Star Wars Original Trilogy Box Set

Sorry, but you got ET. You can't keep changing, because someobody else who might have picked ET chose something else, and it would be a cascading effect of changes

WHY do people actually think the complete star wars saga even have even a 0.0001% chance of being released by the labels

Who said anything about it being released by the labels? RCA Victory hired Mike Matessino to do the Star Wars soundtracks back in 1997, and Lucasfilm could certainly hire him again for a new box set

Yea, the only FACTS we know are that Matessino worked on two Williams releases, and he thinks they will be announced soon. And that MV said he wasn't referring to Hook. ANYTHING else is speculation.

Yea, the only FACTS we know are that Matessino worked on two Williams releases, and he thinks they will be announced soon. And that MV said he wasn't referring to Hook. ANYTHING else is speculation.

I might be getting things mixed up, but the idea I got was that MV said Matessino wasn't referring to Hook in the interview he gave you. But he could be referring to Hook when he mentioned he was working on yet another JW release

Alright I'm with this. Just going in circles.

Tell me about it...

Costello: I want to know what's the guy's name in left field?

Abbott: No, What is on second.

Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.

Abbott: Who's on first!

Costello: I don't know.

Abbott & Costello Together: Third base!

I might be getting things mixed up, but the idea I got was that MV said Matessino wasn't referring to Hook in the interview he gave you. But he could be referring to Hook when he mentioned he was working on yet another JW release

But MV didn't say there was a second JW release - Matessino did.

I am still hoping that the ink would dry faster so we could be at least delivered from guessing one of the upcoming JW releases.

In the earlier thread, I already speculated the Star Wars Complete Saga. But I don't care for the vote.

The Jurassic Parks and E.T. seem fair game at this point, regardless of what the actual CDs will be. Maybe, just maybe we'll get the E.T. Adventure score one day. I mean, La-La 1941 got all this material that Universal/Sony and even John Williams allowed. No Laurent Bouzerea, no apparent Williams interference. An official complete Spielberg score by an independent label. I'd say things are looking great for our future.

Ah, I'veheard that one before. ;-)

You may not have asked, but did he provide -- on/off the record?

Nope. I honestly have no clue what either release is.