Do you have your entire JW collection on your MP3 player?

Josh500

Do you have your entire JW collection on your MP3 player?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have your entire JW collection on your MP3 player?

• Yes.
    • No.

If you click NO, please tell me why not.

For example: It doesn't fit, I don't listen to everything anyway and I need space for other music, I am to lazy to download everything onto my player, etc. etc.

___

I don't. My MP3 player can hold only 4GB! So I regularly download the music I want to listen to at any given moment...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot on them on my iPod, but not all. Simply no need. I can't imagine ever having the urge to suddenly listen to Always when I'm outside.

Agreed.

Although Always wouldn't be the score that comes to mind for me, when I am thinking of scores that I will probably never listen to. The Missouri Breaks, Tom Sawyer, Fiddler on the Roof would more likely fit that bill.

No since it does not have room for my entire collection, being only 4GBs.

:lol:

I think we need bigger MP3 players!

I have a lot on them on my iPod, but not all. Simply no need. I can't imagine ever having the urge to suddenly listen to Always when I'm outside.

Agreed.

Although Always wouldn't be the score that comes to mind for me, when I am thinking of scores that I will probably never listen to. The Missouri Breaks, Tom Sawyer, Fiddler on the Roof would more likely fit that bill.

No since it does not have room for my entire collection, being only 4GBs.

:lol:

I think we need bigger MP3 players!

Yeah. :lol:

Yes my mp3 player contains about 50% Williams and 50% other music at the moment.

My phone holds 16GB and I put a variety of whatever's 'current' in my musical listening. Could be anything.

So no?

Yes my mp3 player contains about 50% Williams and 50% other music at the moment.

Wait. I just realized my MP3 player only holds 2 GB! :lol: And about half the music on it is by Williams...

Yes, Tintin is on it in its entirety!

No, because I haven't finished ripping and organizing them all yet. But eventually they will. I have a 160GB iPod classic I use exclusively for film scores

I only have an iphone, which doesn't have the room. I have a ton of music on there, but I only have 32 gigs of space so I can't relaly load up an entire collection of one particular composer/band.

Absolutely, yes. In fact, my whole music collection is stored on my 120GB iPod (about 1000 CD's)....and even then it's only about half full. I spent several weeks about two years ago transferring all my CD's to iTunes.

In fact, my iPod works as a kind of back-up of my collection, even though I also have it stored on an external 1 TB harddrive. You can never have too many back-ups!

I recently purchased a red 16 GB Nano. I put my entire collection of John Williams on it. And JW only. It stands at about 11 GB. I love it.

Contents include:

1941, Accidental Tourist, Adventures of Tintin, Amazing Stories, American Journey, Amistad, Angelas Ashes,AI (regular and promo), Black Sunday, Catch Me If You Can, Close Encounters,Cowboys, Empire of the Sun,Family Plot,Five Sacred Trees,Fury, Harry Potter 1-3, Home Alone 1&2, Hook, Indiana Jones Boxset, Jaws, Jaws 2, JFK, Jurassic Park 1&2, Memoirs of a Geisha, Minority Report,Munich, Nixon, Patriot,Poseidon Adveture, Presumed Innocent,Sabrina, Saving Private Ryan,Schindlers List, Seven Years in Tibet, Spacecamp,Spielberg-Williams BSO compilation,Star Wars (OSTs, boxset, Fox 4 CD set, Prequels) Stepmom, Superman, Terminal, Towering Inferno, Treesong, Unfinished Journey (live recording),War Horse, War of the Worlds,Yo Yo Ma Plays John Williams

I keep all my music on my 32GB iPod. I'm not sure why anyone who cares as much about music as we do wouldn't have an mp3 player larger than 2GB. They're not all $400!

My phone holds 16GB and I put a variety of whatever's 'current' in my musical listening. Could be anything.

So no?

When my phone can hold over 60GB of music, then yes.

Until then, Williams has no higher priority over any other composer, so no.

Yes! That's why I bought the 16GB ipod Nano

All the JW scores fit + Extra space for other random score rotations

So I keep all the JW and switch around scores with the space that's left

My JW collection is too big to put into my iPod. Well I have a 16GB iPod Touch, and on that I have all my LOTR CRs (which take about 3GB), and then I have various other scores I adore and I have my major JW scores. I also set out a certain amount of memory for new scores I need to listen to. So really, I can't manage to squeeze in all my JW stuff in there (just too much JW :D).

- KK

Because my iPod right now is the Nano, no. All of my collection is ripped in WAV, which formerly fit onto an iPod Classic...which eventually broke down.

I'm just holding off for a new version of the iPod Classic. I do miss having it all on there.

How can a singular entity be plural?

Pair of pants.

I don't have my entire JW collection ripped and tagged yet, and since I formatted my iPod in May, I have put very little Williams back onto it.

The entire catalogue of JW scores (the most expanded versions of each, no double OST's ) in MP3 form takes about 11GB. This does not include his various other works outside of film music

I have some ripped in VBR so if all 320k it would be a bit more,13 GB at most

The entire catalogue of JW scores (the most expanded versions of each, no double OST's ) in MP3 form takes about 11GB. This does not include his various other works outside of film music

Yup. Thats what my total is so far. I do have the concert works on mine, but dont have quite a few of his older scores (pre Sugarland Express) I still need to get those. A 16 GB nano is the perfect device for a JW collection!

So what do you guys use for portable music stations? Walkmans? ;)

Come on, we are in the 21st century now! I use Diskmans! ;)

Not just scores, but BPO albums and concert works as well!

I said "entire JW collection... "

How much GB would that take?

I do have a discman, but use it rarely. I have a mp3 player, but find the whole thing annoying... Having to rip the music and so on... And on top of that, the particular model I have sometimes refuses to read some files...

So, outside home, I either use my car CD player (while driving, obviously) or my laptop.

Come on, we are in the 21st century now! I use Diskmans! ;)

Not just scores, but BPO albums and concert works as well!

I said "entire JW collection... "

How much GB would that take?

lets see

Concert works :840MB

Various Other Recordings :800MB

only counting the Williams composed material for BPO

If you click NO, please tell me why not.

For example: It doesn't fit, I don't listen to everything anyway and I need space for other music, I am to lazy to download everything onto my player, etc. etc.

all of those reasons

No. My iPod is 8GB, and I have a variety of music, scores and non-scores on. I'm not on a massive JW kick at the moment, so I've only got SW, a couple of tracks from ESB, ROTJ, ROTS, SUPERMAN, AI and JAWS on. Oh, and the Keisuke Wakao track from JANE EYRE.

I want to get a bigger one, but it's only if I get one that holds all my scores that I'll have my entire JW on there. Same with any composer.

I plan to get me another iPod Classic so I can hold more scores. However, I have to wait to see what La-La Land unveils on the 25th to determine whether or not I have to wait to get one after the new year.

I don't feel the need to have much music on my phone because I don't really listen a great deal away from my computer.

I found during my recent camping trip that if I starved myself of music for a few days in order to preserve my phone's battery, then listening to a few tracks just sent me to heaven. Similarly, if I don't listen at all at work, everything sounds fresher when I come home.

Yes, I do, including concert works (just added Quartet La Jolla). I use Google Music Beta which gives me space for 20,000 songs (instead of a GIG limit). Plus, having the music in the cloud means I can listen to ANY Williams track on ANY device connected to the internet. It's also means I can buy gadgets with less memory and save money.

I have a couple Google Music invitations remaining for any interested Gmail users.

T

I don't trust putting my music in these places on the cloud. It's only a matter of time before they declare it illegal (or that you need proof you legally own every track) , Google sells you out to the record companies and your liable for copyright infringement

I'll keep my music on my own flash memory and hard drives away from the prying eyes of powerful mega corporations.

I'll keep my music on my own flash memory and hard drives where no powerful mega corporation can freely look at my entire library and possibly scan it for illegal files

I am sure they can see your Megaupload files....