Bridge of Spies FILM discussion

mrbellamy

I still can't get my head around new Star Wars movies standing alongside all these Disney kiddie flicks.

Ghost in the Shell looks even more wrong. Sticks out like a sore thumb!

Mention of all the dark scenes in the SW movies in 3..2..1.....

Since when kid movies can't have dark scenes? Especially from the 90's backwards filmmakers weren't afraid to put very heavy-handed stuff in what were considered "children's films", which is a stupid category to put films into to begin with.

That Disney logo does nothing to me but convey "made for little kids". Seeing it associated with SW just feels wrong.

SW are kid films.

But they're not kiddie kid films.

And no way do they feel like Disney films.

They're not Disney films. Disney didn't make them, and after the purchase in 2012, they didn't retool them in Disney's image. But whether Disney puts its own touches on the new movies, well, that's within their right. They're bankrolling the new ones.

Now we have a difference between kids films and kiddie kid films? Now you're just being silly.

Am not! I just don't like seeing that silly kiddie Disney logo associated with the SW logo. It just looks wrong.

Wrong how? Like seeing an ex-girlfriend kissing her new man after she leaves you?

• 1 month later...

CGrZ_hHVIAAMEcU.jpg

That's a pretty crappy poster. Looks like an amateur just superimposed 3 pictures on top of each other.

So they just exchanged Lincoln for Hanks and put some bleached flags behind it. Is Spielberg now specializing in hagiographies?

Lincoln was a living saint you iconoclast! Let us keep our hallowed heroes! One of them at least!

Huh. Looks much more boring than I was expecting.

The high-adrenaline RCP music used throughout is way more intense than anything happening on screen

Looks like a solid Spielberg drama to me. Directing, writing, and acting will all be well-done as usual. We'll see if it's much more than that. It seems like it could be pretty strong if he can keep the momentum up and it doesn't clock in at 2.5 hours, which it probably will....

Meh... Williams himself probably jumped off this film :P

Just kidding. Probably will be an interesting film. We may have lost a good Williams' main theme. But i think we won 100% commitment to SW, so that is not bad at all...

The music in the trailer is atrocious. Something more subtle would have made the film look better.

I find too much of Kaminski's work artificial and sterile. Even CMIYC felt like that in parts. This film looks like more of that. There are some exceptions of course.