Rank The Indiana Jones Films

Temple Raider

if Skull was filmed in the old days it may been better than ToD maybe.

What does that even mean?

It means that if it was filmed at the time original triogy was - and I hope you understand that movies then was made differently and have very special feeling - it my be better than TOD - as the script is more interesting, more locations and mytologhy. Sadly any sequels done now sucks. Movies in 80s had soul which modern overproduced movies lacks.

1. Temple Of Doom
2. Raiders Of The Lost Ark

3. The Last Crusade

4. Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

And if I don't make a mistake, this ranking respects the chronology of the Indy timeline.

if Skull was filmed in the old days it may been better than ToD maybe.

What does that even mean?

It means that if it was filmed at the time original triogy was - and I hope you understand that movies then was made differently and have very special feeling - it my be better than TOD - as the script is more interesting, more locations and mytologhy. Sadly any sequels done now sucks. Movies in 80s had soul which modern overproduced movies lacks.

Oh wow, I was actually right. That's disappointing.

1. Temple Of Doom

3. The Last Crusade

And if I don't make a mistake, this ranking respects the chronology of the Indy timeline.

I used to rank them that way before I grew to like KOTCS a little more than TLC.

1. Temple Of Doom

3. The Last Crusade

I used to rank them that way before I grew to like KOTCS a little more than TLC.

KOTCS is the baby of the family, let him grow a little... ;-)

1. Temple Of Doom

3. The Last Crusade

KOTCS is the baby of the family, let him grow a little... ;-)

Exactly ;)

Relating to the movies, anyone ever been on the Indy ride at Disneyland? I've been on it a few times, it's awesome and definitely captures the feeling of the movies. Feels like you're in an unmade Indy film.

I like how so many people still swallow the myth that Lucas had everything written up in some "Journal of the Whills" grand plan as if he was like a prophet writing holy scriptures.

If you read Rinzler's making of book there is a lot of indications he intended to have other writers and directors taking over and making the universe their own. But that was during making of the original film, even before principal photography.

I always liked the idea.

Karol

Order of release. Definitely. They never got it as authentic, entertaining, and gritty as they did with Raiders. There's a grit to it that just makes it feel more real. It's the ultimate tribute to serial adventures.

I loved the other two, to be sure. TOD was another great, rollicking adventure, and I never much minded the darker edge it had. TLC was a nice way to round off the trilogy, but in terms of the authenticity and "grit" that made the first one so engaging, this one was its opposite. Everything's too brightly lit, too movie-set perfect, a little too overacted, too Hollywood. It felt like a silly movie version of what Raiders represented. Even Harrison's performance is a little too forced for my taste. (But it's still a great time at the movies.)

Crystal Skull was nothing more than proof that George Lucas simply can't go to his deathbed without doing something meddlesome to damage his most successful franchises.

Fuck the hate, Short Round is a child sidekick done right. When he gets chained to mine, he doesn't wait for Indy, he takes the initiative to free himself then break Indy from the spell. And he can kick ass!

THIS!

THIS AGAIN! TO THE TENTH POWER!

Relating to the movies, anyone ever been on the Indy ride at Disneyland? I've been on it a few times, it's awesome and definitely captures the feeling of the movies. Feels like you're in an unmade Indy film.

It's a fantastic attraction, one of my favorites. For those who haven't been on it, you're escaping in a troop transport from an ancient Indian temple haunted by a wrathful god. The ride essentially takes many of the films' most iconic perils and horrors (snakes, mummies, rolling boulders, etc.) and wraps them all together in a new storyline. Very fun.

The ride was eerily prophetic. A long boring wait with some neat elements of Indy-ness along the way, Indiana Jones not killing anyone or sounding like himself, silly fake-looking phobia creature of exaggerated size, phoned-in musical score, annoying women in trucks, corny ending...sounds a lot like Crystal Skull.

#shotsfired

Archeology is rife with tales of looters [like Indiana Jones] and researchers clashing over stolen artifacts whose proliferation is among the largest illegal markets in the world (behind, but often connected to, drugs and guns). People don’t talk much about it, but antiquity looting is a major source of cash for global criminals.

I know what you are going to say – Indy was just trying to put things in museums. When exactly did he ever actually succeed? And whose museums? Certainly not those of the countries where he was looting. He never documents or publishes his finds – meanwhile his collaborators are mostly monkeys and showgirls. In fact, we now know that Indy’s style of looting actually damages our understanding of culture and robs us of our history.

http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/2014/09/09/why-archeologists-hate-indiana-jones

This is like saying Luke Skywalker damages our understanding of the Force because he technically never finished his training.

One would assume the Skywalker line would continue to produce the most midichlorian rich Jedi.

But let's say Luke has a baby with a woman with a low midichlorian count. Wouldn't the baby have half as many midichlorians as Luke?

You're over thinking this.

Presumably there are other tests. Qui-Gon did that test as he felt there was a chance that Anakin had been conceived by the Force after Shmi said there was no father. He already knew that Anakin had the talent to become a Jedi because of his exceptional abilities and presumably he could sense the Force around Anakin.