'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' SCORE speculation

Ricard

I liked everything except for that standard sounding cadence during the lightsaber bit that sounds totally isolated from the music around it. If I had to guess I'd say that's Mr. Erskine's contribution.

Only one problem with that idea, while it sounds somewhat isolated to what comes before it, it was obviously part of the build up to the Force theme.

Atleast to my ears.

I find it funny that a lot of people are afraid to commit to liking the trailer music because of how nebulous our certainty is of its origins. They don't want to be caught liking something that might not be Williams so they lie in wait with their "get out of jail free" card:

Scenario 1: See, I new it was him, terrific music. Long Live Williams!

Scenario 2: See, I new it wasn't him, never liked that trailer music, had that fraud stink all over it!

I'll commit. I LOVE it alot!!

I liked everything except for that standard sounding cadence during the lightsaber bit that sounds totally isolated from the music around it. If I had to guess I'd say that's Mr. Erskine's contribution.

Only one problem with that idea, while it sounds somewhat isolated to what comes before it, it was obviously part of the build up to the Force theme.

Atleast to my ears.

Might just be edited better on that end.

I find it funny that a lot of people are afraid to commit to liking the trailer music because of how nebulous our certainty is of its origins. They don't want to be caught liking something that might not be Williams so they lie in wait with their "get out of jail free" card:

Scenario 1: See, I new it was him, terrific music. Long Live Williams!

Scenario 2: See, I new it wasn't him, never liked that trailer music, had that fraud stink all over it!

I like it, too, but I'm still curious to know who did what.

I truly hope Williams will not take up too much space in the score with old stuff, and instead go for something decently new. How many variations on the Imperial March does one person need?

This is my only concern too.

I truly hope Williams will not take up too much space in the score with old stuff, and instead go for something decently new. How many variations on the Imperial March does one person need?

This is also my only concern too.

That may depend on Abrams and Kennedy and what they want. They seem to be pushing the nostalgia factor lately.

There's some discussion about the teaser music going on over at FSM. Williams supposedly recorded the music "just in the last last week or so" with the assumption that Williams conducted and composed it.

There's some discussion about the teaser music going on over at FSM. Williams supposedly recorded the music "just in the last last week or so" with the assumption that Williams conducted and composed it.

Wow, some of them are even dumber than us.

Just doesn't sound like Williams' style. The most I'll believe is that this was farmed out to someone else and perhaps Williams recorded parts of it. Now, I don't know anyone in the industry or anything about music, really, but I do know what John Williams scores sound like, especially Star Wars ones. I'm not even sure why you would be gushing over this music or want to believe that Williams did it. It was pretty...bad. As soon as the rendition of Ben Kenobi's theme ended with that piano strike, it just sounded like some typical modern RCP shit, albeit utilizing one of Williams' greatest moments ever.

I considered FSM when I decided to join a film music forum. But I soon became aware of where all the options stood when applied to a Dante-inspired scheme of Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell. Naturally I chose the upper gates of Purgatory rather than Hell's seventh circle, or worse, The Pit, that nighted and frozen lair of Clemmensen and the Great Betrayers.

I can't stand the forum software at FSM or its annoying habit of making me log in two different ways or at least just every so many hours, instead of remembering me on my own computers. The quote system is also crummy. When they stopped selling albums, I considered the forum to not be worth my time following.

I started out in Filmtracks, and then tried out FSM before coming here. Made a total of maybe 5 posts before I gave up.

Filmtracks has a nice community, if you can look past the occasional trolls, though the discussion is often pretty superficial. But it was a good place to start for beginner fans. FSM was too haphazard, but I never got to experience much of it anyway. JWFan took some time to get into, but has the most personality I think, which I was satisfied with.

I started out in Filmtracks, and then tried out FSM before coming here. Made a total of maybe 5 posts before I gave up.

Filmtracks has a nice community, if you can look past the occasional trolls, though the discussion is often pretty superficial. But it was a good place to start for beginner fans. FSM was too haphazard, but I never got to experience much of it anyway. JWFan took some time to get into, but has the most personality I think, which I was satisfied with.

You do know Clemmenson is the devil, right?

I appeared here first and then learnt here that other message boards existed xD

I appeared here first and then learnt here that other message boards existed xD

Same here!

You do know Clemmenson is the devil, right?

Does that make me a Satanist?

I think I was aware of FSM and Filmtracks by the time I started posting here, but JWFan was a pretty obvious choice to me. Aside from having a focus on Williams, it's always struck me as more visually appealing, easier to navigate, useful archives, more consistently active, funnier/livelier discussions, more defined personality etc. Preaching to the choir here, and I assume the communities at the other places become clearer over time but I've never found browsing around over there to be that much fun.

I think I was aware of FSM and Filmtracks by the time I started posting here, but JWFan was a pretty obvious choice to me. Aside from having a focus on Williams, it's always struck me as more visually appealing, easier to navigate, useful archives, more consistently active, funnier/livelier discussions, more defined personality etc. Preaching to the choir here, and I assume the communities at the other places become clearer over time but I've never found browsing around over there to be that much fun.

Yes. JWFan has the best look and is far easier to navigate than crummy old FSM.

Quote all the Star Trek you want, there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

this place is as close to utopia as film score forums get

Awesome. This is going in my sig.

Oh shut up with Star Trek, my husband loves Star Trek more than Star Wars.

When he hears about Episode VII he says: wow! Another muppet movie with rubber characters.

Pfff...

Then I recall him this:

trouble-with-tribbles.jpg

:devil: