Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Did I mishear him? He said he couldn't be there because he was working on the new music but the orchestra was going to perform a few pieces from it that he thought we'd like.

Did I mishear him? He said he couldn't be there because he was working on the new music but the orchestra was going to perform a few pieces from it that he thought we'd like.

I interpreted it as pieces from Star Wars as a whole we'd/they'd like. They wouldn't premiere new music without him in person.

Anakin's Theme...? Surely they'd start with the Main Title?!

I wonder if the videos are from Star Wars In Concert, and this is just a resurrection of that to some degree?

Just saw a Vine with the start of The Imperial March. It probably did start with the Main Title then, and we just missed more than it seemed.

Parade of the Ewoks

Leia's Theme! I really hope this and "Luke and Leia" aren't forgotten in TFA like they were for a lot of ESB/ROTJ. Especially the sibling theme, it should really be fleshed out more and not be a one-movie thing!

lol at the audience's reaction to the Luke/Leia kiss on the screen.

Funny, I was in Nashville for the Fourth of July, and for the fireworks (biggest in the country, also with a live orchestra), they did the whole 7-minute Star Wars concert suite of all things for the first part. I guess Star Wars with fireworks is a thing now. :P

Been meaning to post about the Nashville thing, guess it's semi-relevant here!

Based on the timing between the stream that ended halfway through Williams' video and the other one picking up at the end of Anakin's Theme (only a 5 minute gap), I'm guessing they did in fact start with Anakin's Theme. Kind of an odd choice, but I guess they wanted at least one prequel cue in there.

Based on the timing between the stream that ended halfway through Williams' video and the other one picking up at the end of Anakin's Theme (only a 5 minute gap), I'm guessing they did in fact start with Anakin's Theme. Kind of an odd choice, but I guess they wanted at least one prequel cue in there.

I saw a small clip of The Imperial March on Twitter somewhere around the end of Anakin's Theme or the beginning of the one after that, so maybe Imperial started it.

Well, it is.

I've often found this board's fixation on John Williams rather puzzling. Are they not sophisticated enough to realise how archaic and antiquated his music is?

I mean if we're to compare science fiction scores of the last fifteen years, it's clearly obvious that scores like Interstellar and others by Zimmer protégés like Marc Strietenfeld's Prometheus far outweigh the quality of AI Artificial Intelligence.

There's no way Zimmer would have lowered himself to all that touchy feely Monica's Theme and Blue Fairy stuff. I mean that was just manipulative rubbish.