Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

How was this story not revealed when JJ and Spielberg collaborated on Super 8?

It was a few times, apparently:

http://www.slashfilm.com/jj-abrams-talks-about-the-genesis-of-super-8/

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2011/06/jj-abrams-super-8

http://entertainment.time.com/2011/06/06/super-8-director-jj-abrams-interview/

I remember Reeves talked about it during a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes interview last summer. That's when I first heard it.

It was also mentioned in this DGA interview, where Abrams and James Cameron interviewed Spielberg.

I remember Reeves talked about it during a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes interview last summer. That's when I first heard it.

Yet you didn't see fit to share it with us? That's not very nice!

At least it's a better name than Count Dooku.

Bad on so many levels. Lucas himself pronounced it as Do-ku? It just didn't sound good being spoken by anyone, not even Ian McDiarmid...and that guy made the name Padme sound good.

It's too easy and way too mushy for Han. Also, it feels like something out of Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull, where the characters themselves are touched by the movie, you know, as if THEY are the audience.

Come on...if THAT is the biggest problem, we're safe.

Trees are the biggest problem.

The list is small ... but it will grow.

Look! See! Alex cares!

Anyway, what would the real Han Solo say? Well, maybe he would think it, almost pronounce the line, but then he would see Chewie's joy and therefore he would reduce the moment by saying something cynical like: "It's just a ship, Chewie, don't get everything wet." (but the audience knows that deep down Han is exited too)

That's what made Han Solo interesting, folks, and not this self-aware mushy around business.

Alexandre

Anyway, what would the real Han Solo say? Well, maybe he would think it, almost pronounce the line, but then he would see Chewie's joy and therefore he would reduce the moment by saying something cynical like: "It's just a ship, Chewie, don't get everything wet." (but the audience knows that deep down Han is exited too)

Alexandre

Han should be a scoundrel and that he should remain. Once turning soft in Jedi, he became boring.

So yeah, I think I know what you mean.

Karol

Thank you for understanding that Han Solo was boring in ROTJ, crocs. I almost couldn't believe 'the change' when I first saw that film in 1983.

Ah HA!

Snoke May Be Darth Plagueis In this new Sequel Trilogy.

That's the only evil character that can be much powerfull than Palpatine... as he eventually suceeded in cheating death.

And that's the only treat that can really awaken the Force in an unexpected way.

...And remember that, in a certain point of view, Plagueis is the grandfather of Luke and Leia.