Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Who?

Indeed. An alien in the Mos Eisley cantina. But it's a misconception.

Despite fan speculation, Chris Trevasrevealed that Salo Gardner did not portrayTrinto Duaba; Trinto was actually portrayed by a US-based extra wearing a mask made by Rick Baker[2]

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=21739

Glad to hear Lando is alive in the universe.

Strange not to have him on board in this film, seeing that he has been the only one to reprise his role (and several times) after return of the Jedi.

Glad to hear Lando is alive in the universe.

Strange not to have him on board in this film, seeing that he has been the only one to reprise his role (and several times) after return of the Jedi.

Maybe they're saving him for later.

Its not Star Wars without Lando!

So it's Lando or nothing for you? Forget the rest of the original cast; it's Lando or nothing for you?

And who knows? They might surprise us and bring him in later.

Must be another one of those Stormtrooper shoot-em-ups. Naturally, the stormtroopers will miss teh protahgonsts.

It's great to see a wall to wall giant set, with a real explosion and a real stunt man performing a stunt, instead of a prequel green carpeted wall with a CGI trooper and CGI fire.

I know they're just stumping for the film, but it's nice that Williams and now Kasdan do seem to genuinely be enjoying both the process and what the film is turning into so far. Also encouraging that Kasdan's praise wasn't even provoked by the interviewer.

Apparently, the same source that said Kylo Ren is being played by Adam Driver has revealed who Max von Sydow is playing. I haven't been keeping up with the thread so I don't know if this has already been mentioned (kind of harder to do when you have to turn off e-mail notifications so that you don't get hundreds of them in a single shot), but I'll say it anyway. I won't spoil, not least because there's no dead-cert confirmation and I doubt we'll get an answer until the film comes out - but let's just say that he didn't lose his head.

Of course it was mentioned here, 2 weeks ago

And he didn't lose his head; He fell into a Sarlaac pit.

Why would you say that? It was obviously never posted before, its a new story.

Because Morrison never played Boba Fett?

His likeness is officially used for adult Boba Fett in everything post-Episode II. Given that, you know, Boba is canonically a clone of Jango Fett, who was played by Morrison. Plus, he voices Boba in all post-2004 versions of TESB.

Everything I've seen from the teasers feels so right. The idea of dragging an old Boba Fett out of left field would be a mistake. Hopefully those rumors turn out to be false

His character is completely unnecessary for this forward momentum.

At least give us the children of each original Star Wars character! The bartender of the Mos Eisley cantina? Where's his kid? Is a small cameo so much to ask?!

Hey man! People love the Fett!

I want my Star Wars to be a low-Fett experience.

Hey man! People love the Fett!

I want my Star Wars to be a low-Fett experience.

:yes: Just like the Apple design.

Apple? Ugh!

Story about how JJ. Abrams met Steven Spielberg as a teenager -

Kathleen Kennedy shared the great story about how Abrams and Reeves first crossed her path decades ago, and met Steven Spielberg, thanks to a dusty box found in a basement in Arizona. Read on....

It was funny. I was working with Steven, and I got a phone call one day. And this man was living in a house up on Lookout Mountain [in Arizona]. He'd been down in his basement, and he found this box covered in dust. And he said to me, “These are all home movies, and I think they belong to Steven Spielberg.” Now, my first cynical thought, unfortunately, was, you know, this is just somebody trying to get money. And so I’m going to not act overly excited about this. I just said, “Well, you know, great. If you don’t mind, we’re on the Universal lot. Maybe you could just swing by and drop the box off, and we’ll take a look and see if in fact they belong to Steven.” So I hang up the phone. The first thing I say to Steven is, “Did you ever live on Lookout Mountain?” He goes, “Yes, I did.” Now I'm thinking, Okay, this guy’s not making this up. So I said, “Well, somebody thinks they found your home movies.” He goes, “Oh, my God, you’re kidding!” And he had just assumed all these early Super 8 films he had made when he was 15, 16 years old were long gone. He’d lost them; he didn’t know where they were.

So this man arrives. Here’s the box. He couldn’t have been sweeter, couldn’t have been nicer. Drops off this box. Sure enough, Steven’s beside himself because here are all his old movies that he made. So ironically, I had picked up the L.A. Times that morning and read about these two kids who had won this film award, and their movies were being shown at the Nuart Theatre [in Los Angeles]. And I said to Steven, “You know what would be really great? Why don’t you hire these two kids who just won this film award, who would probably give anything to meet you, and they could clean up your movies and transfer them to tape so that we never run the risk of these movies disappearing again?” And those two kids were J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves, who just did Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

And they came in. They were 15, 16 years old. And they ended up doing exactly that, cleaning up the Super 8 movies, and we’ve all stayed great friends ever since. All our kids went to the same elementary school. We followed J.J.’s career, so when he committed to Star Wars, it was this kind of fantastic coincidence of fate, I guess—preordained destiny or something.