Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

1 minute ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Very much so. Are those real stones per chance? 

Gathered from the backyard and painted over with glitter paint. Spared no expense!

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

How many units have sold so far? Anybody know?

LLL has not publicly revealed any sales figures.

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

If not, what's your best guess?

I would guess they've sold between 3000 and 4000 copies.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I would guess they've sold between 3000 and 4000 copies.

Yeah, around 3000 would be my guess, too. If they sold 4000 copies and only 1000 were left, I think LLL might announce that.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Maybe it's time to buy another copy to offer it on eBay for $3,000 once the set sells out.

Maybe I should buy another one, too. Who knows, it might actually reach me this time. If only I knew when I can assume my order got lost. There is still no update since it left LA 14 days (!) ago. Cruel world...

2 hours ago, Jay said:

LLL has not publicly revealed any sales figures.

Not true.

From the FSM thread on Dec 3:

We are getting to the orders as fast as we can. We had 1000 individual orders in just the first hour of the release.

MV

Dec 7:

We are averaging about 200 to 220 packages a day, having a total around 2600 orders since release day. Those monkeys are hard at work getting out the orders as fast they can. We thank you for your patience.

MV

Obviously, it's been another week since the 7th, so take that as you will.

2 minutes ago, Muldoon said:

Not true.

Well, those are order figures. We don't know what those orders contained, so we don't really know how many copies of the Jurassic Park Collection have been sold.

5 minutes ago, Muldoon said:

Not true.

From the FSM thread on Dec 3:

Dec 7:

Obviously, it's been another week since the 7th, so take that as you will.

Those are simply orders placed, which could be for any titles in their catalog.  It tells us nothing about actual units sold of the Jurassic Park Collection.

Just now, Mr. Breathmask said:

Well, those are order figures. We don't know what those orders contained, so we don't really know how many copies of the Jurassic Park Collection have been sold.

It was in the Jurassic Park thread in response to questions about why it was taking so long for some orders to ship, but also questions of how many copies had sold. If MV was including all La-La Land orders for those 2 weeks, he didn't make that clear.

See the former and current moderator ganging up together to once again beat down a voice of dissent!

How cruely do those in power force their authority upon the rest, beating down any sign of individuality! 

Also the idea that the percentage of those orders that don't include the Jurassic Park collection is anything but negligible is just funny.  Show me the hundreds of people buying just The French Connection lol.

I'm not saying they don't exist, just that they are small enough that you can use MV's order figures as a guesstimate of the JP/LW sales.

Obviously, I used the information that LLL got 2600 orders in 24 hours, which doesn't of course include units sold to Screen Archives, Movie Music, Music Box, Intrada, and other 3rd party retailers, to influence my prediction that they've sold 3000 to 4000 copies of the Jurassic Park Collection.  But the FACT is that LLL has NOT announced units sold for the JP collection.  All we can do is speculate.

19 minutes ago, hornist said:

wp_ss_20161216_0001.png

Is this normal? I ordered during the first hour and it's still in LA. Christmas postal jam?

Yeah, that seems very odd, considering I ordered after you and it's already in Australia.

I'll await a detailed report on your postal trials and tribulations in the coming weeks Josh! ;)

27 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I'll await a detailed report on your postal trials and tribulations in the coming weeks Josh! ;)

Have you gotten it yet? How many days did it take for it to arrive in your case?

Hopefully, it'll be plain sailing, and no trials and tribulations. :)

Oh I have gotten mine over a week ago. It took a week to arrive (not counting the weekend).

5 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Oh I have gotten mine over a week ago. It took a week to arrive (not counting the weekend).

That's pretty good! 

Finland is farther away than the UK, so hopefully I'll get it in 5-6 days. ;)

Why hasn't anybody posted a pic of their set?

I love seeing those pics, especially if mine hasn't arrived yet. 😂

It's here!

My booklet has teeth! thanks intrada

J/k

Adding insult to injury, disc one's peg teeth are completely obliterated.

The rest of the case is fine. I think the problem is the big booklet in front of disc one. I think it happened the same with AI.

11 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

It's here!

My booklet has teeth! thanks intrada

J/k

Adding insult to injury, disc one's peg teeth are completely obliterated.

The rest of the case is fine. I think the problem is the big booklet in front of disc one. I think it happened the same with AI.

So any word on whether we can have the toothless booklets replaced or not? I don't really care about that, but just out of curiosity.... 

The only public comment by anyone involved in the production of the box set that I've seen is this one:

On 12/8/2016 at 2:17 PM, Jay said:

Teethgate 2016 Update

One word answer: Oops

Solution one: Accept it and move on (if your OCD allows it)
Solution two: Take a sharpie and add teeth

End transmission

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=117626&forumID=1

So based on that response, I'd guess no, there won't be any replacements sent out.

I wish they would order a small batch of replacement booklets and sell them for $5 on the website, though.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

The only public comment by anyone involved in the production of the box set that I've seen is this one:

So based on that response, I'd guess no, there won't be any replacements sent out.

I wish they would order a small batch of replacement booklets and sell them for $5 on the website, though.

Hmmm, I might have a touch of OCD, but I'm not bothered at all by the absent teeth.

I hope the jewel case isn't damaged! And I hope I won't accidentally put a fingerprint and a scratch (!) on the shiny side of the CDs while ripping them.... 😂  

Touch of OCD? Wait till the toothless booklet arrives to you and you'll see :devil:

Oh and I just noticed that since the tracklist is not in the CD case...if you are playing the disc and to to see the tracklist you have to use the booklet...so the toothless rex will be grinning for you everytime...

15 hours ago, hornist said:

wp_ss_20161216_0001.png

Is this normal? I ordered during the first hour and it's still in LA. Christmas postal jam?

Well, at least you have an update. I have had no updates sinde it apparently left LA on Decmber 1. I also ordered right away, and it was processed November 30.

29 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Touch of OCD? Wait till the toothless booklet arrives to you and you'll see :devil:

Oh and I just noticed that since the tracklist is not in the CD case...if you are playing the disc and to to see the tracklist you have to use the booklet...so the toothless rex will be grinning for you everytime...

Oh that cheeky blighter will be there, mocking you with its one toothed grin. It's torture I tell you! Sheer torture!

25 minutes ago, paleo said:

Well, at least you have an update. I have had no updates sinde it apparently left LA on Decmber 1. I also ordered right away, and it was processed November 30.

It took the CDs one whole week to get from Burbank to L.A.? 

That can't be right! Can it?

32 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Hmmm.

It'll be a Collector's Item! Worth more than the subsequent printings. lol

45 minutes ago, karelm said:

Wow, the harp is crazy loud in the Lost World remaster.  Very unnatural and unwilliamsy. 

I think MM used the final mix tapes as his primary source for The Lost World, so it's 100% intentional on the part of Murphy and Williams. 

Personally, I think the use of harp in the score is incredible. No other composer would be able to integrate the harp into a percussion-driven score as seamlessly as Williams does. The man is a genius.

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I think MM used the final mix tapes as his primary source for The Lost World, so it's 100% intentional on the part of Murphy and Williams. 

Personally, I think the use of harp in the score is incredible. No other composer would be able to include the harp into a percussion-driven score as seamlessly as Williams does. The man is a genius.

Hmm, I'm not sure I follow what you are saying.  What we hear in the new release is that every freaking note of the harp is heard over triple forte brass and percussion.  Composers understand that in loud passages the harp is going to add a subtle emphasis to the louder moments, not cover over it!  Are you saying Murphy and JW meant that?  That is doubtful that this is 100% intended from JW and Murphy.  In this Lost World "newly remastered" version, the harp is unnaturally prominent in the mix.  I can't compare this to the original release since many of the cues were not released previously.  This to me is a remix issue.