ROTS Expanded Score: Real or Fake? Probably fake.

Manakin Skywalker

6M4 Heroes Collide from the ROTS sessions leaked at the place that worships that game.  That is it for actual, pure session leaks from the prequel trilogy.  Everything else is OSTs edited together with video game files and DVD/BD rips

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

6M4 Heroes Collide from the ROTS sessions leaked at the place that worships that game.  That is it for actual, pure session leaks from the prequel trilogy.  Everything else is OSTs edited together with video game files and DVD/BD rips

I think that since that one got leaked, somewhere, someone has the recording sessions. So any new leak of that score could have a possibility of being true, and should not be completely disregarded just in case.

Same for 'film stems-UE version' from AOTC, since we know it exists (they were used in the videogames) so someone could still have them somewhere.

Of course people who don't have a "legal" reason to have them have prequel sessions, but they haven't trickled down the masses yet.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

When roughly did that happen? 

I'm extremely surprised I never heard of this.

11 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Same for 'film stems-UE version' from AOTC, since we know it exists (they were used in the videogames) so someone could still have them somewhere.

I'm not so sure such a set actually existed. I talked to Jesse Harlin about this once before, and he said that if such a set existed, no one at LucasArts heard about it. He said that for the games, we was given the entire audio mix for the prequels as a Protools project file, and would export mixes from there. That way he was also able to "un-edit" the files, restoring the music to how is was before the mixing took place.

5 hours ago, RPurton said:

Not releasing filmscores in complete form is like an author removing chapters from a book. "Here's the chapters I like, and you should too, and it might not tell you everything, even missing important details, but it's still better than nothing, right?..."

THIS!

THIS!!! And that's exactly why I don't want to hear any arguments about the music industry, licence shit etc. If we buy a DVD, the DVD has the complete movie. If we buy a book, the boo is complete. So why, WHY can't film scores be complete? What baffles me most is that composers aren't blatantly refusing to chop up their own works of art. Why don't we remove the fourth movement of Mozart's Night Music while we do remove more than half of an essentially coherent, classical work?

4 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

THIS!!! And that's exactly why I don't want to hear any arguments about the music industry, licence shit etc. If we buy a DVD, the DVD has the complete movie. If we buy a book, the boo is complete. So why, WHY can't film scores be complete? What baffles me most is that composers aren't blatantly refusing to chop up their own works of art. Why don't we remove the fourth movement of Mozart's Night Music while we do remove more than half of an essentially coherent, classical work?

What a load of nonsense!

Unlike a book or classical work film music isn't a stand alone medium by its very nature. Your comparison is suspect and limp. 

Yes, I've heard of abridged audiobooks, and they were the reason I almost failed a subject.

I agree that film scores are not stand-alone works. But as they depend entirely on the film, why is it so difficult to just give us their entire film representation? Re-working them into 'a better listening experience' makes no sense whatsoever because that was never the intension of the score to begin with.

And what about the story a score tells? In HP1, Harry starts without a family, so that theme is very unstable and vague. As his friendships and family grow, the theme becomes more robust. So how does it make sense to start with that fully-fledged Harry's Wondrous World when he starts out in a rather un-wodrous world?

Alright. So he says he will send me *recordings* of 4 different cues in a couple hours; Palpatine's Big Pitch, Padme's Visit, Yoda Farewell, and Yoda to Exile. He doesn't seem to know much about ripping or recording, so he says he's only able to record the music from a microphone, and can only record up to 1 minute, so I gave him instructions on exactly what to record. Hopefully the moment of truth will come soon. I'm still 99% skeptical, but I have nothing else to do, so I might as well see this through.

On 3/2/2017 at 11:13 PM, Rose Dawson said:

What the? It's one of Williams' finest moments! The way he interpolates the funeral motif, a grisly rendition of the Force theme and the Imperial March is why he's the best.

Indeed.  The whole gut-punchingly tragic Mahlerian thing that he did for the prequel funerals is some of his best work.

Wait, who doesn't know how to rip CDs? Does he have an iPhone on which he records all his music with a microphone when he wants to play it in the car? Or is he still using casettes and asking everyone to be quiet when he's recording because he thinks his system will pick those sounds up too?

12 hours ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

Alright. So he says he will send me *recordings* of 4 different cues in a couple hours; Palpatine's Big Pitch, Padme's Visit, Yoda Farewell, and Yoda to Exile. He doesn't seem to know much about ripping or recording, so he says he's only able to record the music from a microphone, and can only record up to 1 minute, so I gave him instructions on exactly what to record. Hopefully the moment of truth will come soon. I'm still 99% skeptical, but I have nothing else to do, so I might as well see this through.

Oh Manikin, Manikin, Manikin.  Are you even serious right now?

It's a FAKE

2 hours ago, Rose Dawson said:

It cunt be. It cunt be.

Stan says you're a cunt... you're a... cunt... Stan says you're a cunt... cunt... cunt...cunt... cunt... continuing source of inspiration to him.