95th Academy Awards (2023 ceremony for 2022 films)

Jay

I usually find out the winners via these threads but I have to be up early in the morning so ought to be asleep when they're announced.

I think Everything Everywhere All at Once is the most likely Best Picture winner, but not a shoo-in. I'd rate the most likely to win as:

1. Everything Everywhere All at Once (34%)
  2. The Banshees of Inisherin (23%)
  3. Thr Fabelmans (20%)
  4. All Quiet on the Western Front (18%)
  5. Top Gun: Maverick (2%)

So happy Pinocchio won Best Animated Feature! I really really loved that movie 

I wish it was competing for Best Picture and Best Score too

Best Supporting Actor... I really LOVED Barry Keoghan in Banshees, but Quan was good in EEAAO too! 

Quan wins! 

He talked about him for at least a minute, like how he has 53 nominations second to Walt Disney, the oldest person nominated, that he only won only 5 times, asked if anyone ever made love to the score to Raiders

Best Supporting Actress, some really good acting here. I thought Hsu was really good in EEAAO and Kerry Condon was great in Banshees

Jamie Lee Curtis's speech was really cute

I missed whatever this song is or is from

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Best Supporting Actress, some really good acting here. I thought Hsu was really good in EEAAO and Kerry Condon was great in Banshees

Jamie Lee Curtis's speech was really cute

I missed whatever this song is or is from

Kerry Condon was really good. Loved her in the HBO series Rome as well.

Oh man gotta love what's supposed to be a neutral awards ceremony giving space for two actors in the new Disney movie to throw to a commercial for it because Disney owns ABC which airs the show

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh man gotta love a supposed neutral awards ceremony giving space for two actors in the bee Disney movie

Bee or big?

I love how awkward and cringe-worthy it is when they show the clips of the acting nominees. Most of them are overacting scenes. Ironic how the biggest award show for acting thinks that the best acting someone did is a screaming and crying scene. It's like they don't even know what they're awarding to people. "Shouting is good acting...right?" Yet the best performances are almost always the subtle ones with an ability to convey many emotions in a normal reserved way.

E.g. Heath Ledgers performance in Brokeback Mountain is masterful, yet people sight the Joker as his best performance, which is not subtle at all, and is incredibly theatrical. (Still brilliant of course)

Man, I don't even remember this song from the movie but this is fun. David Byrne's still got it. Hot dog fingers! 

Oh man that sucks the other makeup and hairstyle winners didnt get to say anything after the first guy said a few things

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh man that sucks the other makeup and hairstyle winners didnt get to say anything after the first guy said a few things

That always happens to the tech winners, it's lame 

The funniest counter to that of all-time was the Jurassic Park VFX speech when they all just gave their speeches simultaneously 

Celebrating 100 years of Warner Bros was cool. 

But strange that it included footage from Austin powers, which is New Line, but no LOTR footage, only Gandalf from The Hobbit 

Haven't seen any of these international features 

There's the AQOTWF theme again! 

Just now, Michael Grigorowitsch said:

Meaning they won for best international film mean they can't win best picture?

Parasite won both

1 minute ago, Michael Grigorowitsch said:

That they won for best international film means they can't win best picture?

Why would you think that?