Gordy Haab & Stephen Barton's STAR WARS JEDI: SURVIVOR (2023)

Manakin Skywalker

1 hour ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Why not provide a link directly to his Facebook posts? 

Because they don't exist. I'm looking at Haab's FB page right now. Loads of stuff about nominations. Not one saying 'here's the sheet music'.

2 minutes ago, Giftheck said:

Because they don't exist. I'm looking at Haab's FB page right now. Loads of stuff about nominations. Not one saying 'here's the sheet music'.

Well that certainly would make it difficult for @Jaaaackified to support their claim 

4 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Well that certainly would make it difficult for @Jaaaackified to support their claim 

I just checked the link Haab posted to share the full score. Apparently the file is now removed (the FB post too). 

image.jpeg

Here's the screenshot I took when I found out earlier today. 

7 minutes ago, Jaaaackified said:

I just checked the link Haab posted to share the full score. Apparently the file is now removed (the FB post too). 

image.jpeg

Here's the screenshot I took when I found out earlier today. 

That's fair enough, but if you had the link to begin with why not provide it when asked for a source?

Sorry I don't mean to sound rude or anything just want to understand why make a claim then not back it up? 

11 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

That's fair enough, but if you had the link to begin with why not provide it when asked for a source?

Sorry I don't mean to sound rude or anything just want to understand why make a claim then not back it up? 

First off, I didn't expect the post to be removed since I thought Haab would leave it there for anyone to grab (because, well, he shared it with an open link). 

But looking back I should have been more clear on which channel did Haab share the info, to save all the skeptical and vetting eyes. 

And you did sound rude. 

Amazing! Now, we only need John Williams to share his Star Wars scores on his Facebook page...

Actually, is this the very first complete Star Wars score made available officially? Has he shared Jedi: Fallen Order too?

14 minutes ago, The Lost Folio said:

Amazing! Now, we only need John Williams to share his Star Wars scores on his Facebook page...

Actually, is this the very first complete Star Wars score made available officially? Has he shared Jedi: Fallen Order too?

No, not in the form of a full score book. 

but IIRC, all tracks from Jedi Fallen Order can be found at music copyright depository sites. The Complete Cue List thread has some of them. 

I could buy it if the link still worked, but the post disappearing and the file being terminated make me doubt that removing it was 'accidental'.

Nevertheless, cool of him to share it.

It's a very unique case. For a composers to share the complete full score for free. It's clear that access will close again after a while, but given the scale of this project..... it's something historically significant :mellow:

On 13/12/2023 at 6:42 PM, Knight of Ren said:

I have a shorter playlist of Fallen Order that perhaps may help you appreciate the score a bit better.

Wow, thanks a lot! I had the same problem as well, with being a bit overwhelmed by the amount of music. But this is a beautiful 1-CD selection that flows like a well curated OST.

"A New Saber" is one hell of a swashbuckling track!

On 18/12/2023 at 5:22 PM, Gabriel Bezerra said:

It's mostly original themes and motifs in the score, "Flight", "Above the Clouds", and "Siege" are the ones where the previous themes get to shine the most. "Cold Dawn" and "A Step Too Far" goes through a few of them too. 

While we wait Knight of Ren and The Avenger Button, gonna list a few of the new themes that I already recognize.

Dark Times starts with the Empire theme for the game.

A Frontier Welcome develops a theme for the planet Koboh.

The Bedlam Raiders starts with the theme for... The Badlam Raiders.

Haven / Release Me develop themes related to the antagonist Dagan Gera

Fields of Dusk is the love theme for the game

The Sacred Mesa develops a theme related to Jedha

Above the Clouds also has the clearest rendition of Bode's theme

(Grand Oculus has a blink and you'll miss it quote from the force theme mixed with Dagan's theme)

Additionally there's a theme for the Shattered Moon, most obviously playing at 0:26 in Shattered Moon and on a few further occasions throughout the score. To my ear it's very reminiscent of the Atlantis theme from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

• 1 month later...

Woke up with A Step Too Far in my head and went to work listening to it.

Still don't know how they managed to make the orchestra sound so... angry. Maybe it's in my head since I know what it is scoring.

On 29/01/2024 at 8:21 AM, Gabriel Bezerra said:

Woke up with A Step Too Far in my head and went to work listening to it.

Still don't know how they managed to make the orchestra sound so... angry. Maybe it's in my head since I know what it is scoring.

I've been listening to this score off and on and where the orchestration is top notch for this sort of thing, the mix on this album is something else and it's added a bit of different energy to the proceedings. Makes everything 11.