This is what John Williams actually wrote for the piano parts in Star Wars' Throne Room and End Title

Jurassic Shark

3 hours ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

Not to mention it's the concert version, not the film version...

Yeah I read the post and I saw the "pdf of Williams original score" and I was like oh? Someone not on jwfan has the sheet music? And then I read two comments later and was incredibly disappointed to see it was just the Hal Leonard 

22 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Why does he bother to write some of these scales in the piano part, though? Do you even hear that in the orchestra?

He probably gets his minions to do it.

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

It adds a color.

JW often treats the piano as essentially an adjunct to the woodwind section, doubling its parts, which seems to be a common technique in Rachmaninoff, as well as classic Hollywood scores by Korngold, Rózsa, etc.

15 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

was incredibly disappointed to see it was just the Hal Leonard

Do we have any reason to think that the piano part in the 1977 recording is any different?

38 minutes ago, The Lost Folio said:

Do we have any reason to think that the piano part in the 1977 recording is any different?

Nope.

I want my 8:13 back. The most pointless study ever.

Edit: I couldn't make it through but my post is more dramatic this way

I remember being confused when at last the complete The Empire Strikes Back recording came out in 1997 with the special edition and suddenly all over the place there was a piano audible playing all over the score that I hadn't heard in all the previous editions. To me it sounded like the whole piano accompaniment had been inserted afterwards. I liked the previous Mix with the less audible piano much better.

1 minute ago, MrJosh said:

I can't wait for the follow up video on what Williams actually wrote for the suspended cymbal part. Truly a revelation!

Have patience, something like that would take like 6 months or 200 hours to transcribe.

20 hours ago, The Lost Folio said:

The Hal Leonard keyboard part is condensed from the two keyboard parts of the 1977 original: sometimes both piano, and sometimes piano and celeste.