John Williams Fan Club Theme

I'm pretty sure this was written for an Asian fan club. It used to have a website that disappeared perhaps 15 years ago.

Great find, btw. I've been thinking about this short piece of music from time to time and haven't been able to find it again. 

I recall it was a Japanese fan club, and it coincided with Williams visiting  and performing in Japan in June 1993

11 minutes ago, pete said:

I recall it was a Japanese fan club, and it coincided with Williams visiting  and performing in Japan in June 1993

Yes, that's right. I remember it being a news item at the time. Don't know if the Japanese club is still around.

6 hours ago, King Mark said:

You might live long enough to hear the Expanded Star Wars Prequel scores.

image.gif

7 hours ago, King Mark said:

Someone made this mock up years ago. I apologise if I wasn't allowed to post it or something. It's actually a pretty cool theme.

Can't recall from where that midi file comes from, but a composer member of the Japanese fan club did expand on this little theme, orchestrating it and making into a full fledged piece. It was performed at a concert the club arranged (can't recall any further details) and it was compared to Summon the Heroes, regarding its final structure and use if instrumentation.

As pointed out above, the club seems to have ceased activities. They had a print news bulletin (released on a regular basis) and organised visits to Boston and LA for Williams' anual visits there in the late 90's and early 00's. They had also plans to release albums of his music, much in the same fashion Lukas Kendall did with his FSM label.

11 hours ago, King Mark said:

That's great! You might live long enough to hear the Expanded Star Wars Prequel scores.

Him listening to the Expanded Star Wars Prequel Box Set by Mike Matessino III in 2081:

6,000+ Old Man Listening To Music Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free  Images - iStock | Old man walking, Old man dancing