Your most anticipated score.

Josh500

What is/was your most anticipated score?  

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• PoA
    • CoS
    • PS
    • TPM
    • AotC
    • RotS
    • Other

In recent years, what was your most anticpated score?

Mine was definitely PoA. Last year, I just couldnt wait for it to come out. I have never -- and I repeat, NEVER -- looked more forward to getting hold of a soundtrack (or any CD, for that matter) in my life. I guess that was because I have listened to the previous two so many times (I think more than the Star Wars scores) and just couldnt wait to listen to his new ideas in the new HP adventure.

Of course, right now, I cant wait for the RotS score, but still PoA will always top MY list.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the Phantom Menace. We've all been spoiled ever since he returned to grand scoring with that assignment, and we're nitpickers for every amazing score that's followed.

It was "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." After hearing the music in the trailer, I couldn't wait! It's the one score in recent memory that has lived to, nay, surpassed, expectations.

I wasn't a diehard JW fan before Sorcerer's Stone. That was actually my first JW score I bought, but then I kept buying more, and now I'm looking forward to ROTS.

~Tyler, who is waiting to listen to it when he buys the CD.

It was "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." After hearing the music in the trailer, I couldn't wait! It's the one score in recent memory that has lived to, nay, surpassed, expectations.

what Jeff said.

ROTS by a landslide. TMP and AOTC were just a tease at the important events that would occur in ROTS. Whether it meets or exceeds expectations... jury is still out until the movie comes out, along with the complete, unedited score.

For this year:

War of the Worlds (Williams)

King Kong (Shore)

a couple years back....

Signs (JN Howard) - when I first heard that violin work in the teaser, I couldn't wait for thr soundtrack to come out. And it was a real battle to even buy the damn thing up here in Canada... but the struggle was worth it!

I'm gonna have to go with TPM as well, it was such a build up for it, it outruns RotS by a mile, but also because I have more to think of right now then I had 6 years back... I guess mind occupation collides with JW music anticipation :)

RotS wasnt as big as most people here for me even though I did pretty much become a serious JW fan when Ep 1 came out. Right now I'm looking towards WotW, Batman, Kingdom of Heaven, and King Kong

with WotW coming out on top with Batman coming in second

The most excited I've ever been over a Williams score was the release of the Rhino 2-disc edition of Superman - The Movie. None of the new stuff has gotten me anywhere the level that score got me.

Neil

Sorcerer's Stone. I couldn't wait to see what my favorite composer had done for my favorite book series. It did not disappoint!

~Sturgis

Signs (JN Howard) - when I first heard that violin work in the teaser, I couldn't wait for thr soundtrack to come out.  And it was a real battle to even buy the damn thing up here in Canada... but the struggle was worth it!

ROTFLMAO A great score.

~Sturgis

TPM. How could it possibly have lived up to all that hype and 16 years without a new SW score? Still my anticipation for Return of the King was very high and for ROTS even higher. Thankfully ROTS has so far fully lived up to my expectations.

PoA for me, by far. I was much more a JWFan for that release than I was when SS came out (I was still a fledgeling back then!), and I fondly remember the feverish anticipation of this time last year. Waiting for each new trailer, hoping for any bit of new music, finally downloading the score from AOL....ah, good times indeed. ROTFLMAO

Ray Barnsbury

Signs (JN Howard) - when I first heard that violin work in the teaser, I couldn't wait for thr soundtrack to come out.  And it was a real battle to even buy the damn thing up here in Canada... but the struggle was worth it!

ROTFLMAO A great score.

~Sturgis

The ostinato (which creates that Exorcist effect) is used a little bit too much in the film.

----------------

Alex Cremers

:| A great score.

~Sturgis

Blatant Herrmann rip-off!

The one CD I'm looking forward to hearing John Adams' THE DHARMA AT BIG SUR when it'll be released on CD later on in the year. Hope it will be as entertaining as the live performance in the Albert Hall last July. That and of course ROTS, the sequel to ROST which was the prequel to ROCI (no relation to Sly).

Hitch, cryptic and deluded....as ever!

POA, as I was waiting for it longest. RoTS hype only kinda hit me a month ago or so, when I finally caught on that film music wise, the summer of 2004 was over.

;) A great score.

~Sturgis

The ostinato (which creates that Exorcist effect) is used a little bit too much in the film.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Hmm. That seems to be similar to saying that Vader's theme is used too much in "The Empire Strikes Back." The ostinato is the movie's main theme. Of course it's going to be used a lot.

Indiana Jones 4, if they ever make the damn thing. Actually those are some of my fav JW scores. GOD, The last crusade is very under-rated as a score I think. Since its alway Raiders this and that, but don't you think that there are even some better pieces then the ear pleasing Raiders march in the movies? I DO!

The Lord of The Ring: The Two Towers.

The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King.

:) I can't imagine anyone actually anticipating more of Howard Shore's long held notes and root position triads. Mind you, I like Tangerine Dream and Vangelis so I guess we all have our illogical passions.

The Phantom Menace was easily the most anticipated score (and film!) in recent times for me. The first new Star Wars score since Return of the Jedi??? Are you kidding? I was jumping up and down in anticipation of this! In the end I was a little disappointed by the score, especially by Duel of the Fates which I confess I find extremely boring. The tune is bland, the ostinato is cool but hardly enough to support an entire piece, the choral chords are, well, chords. The rest of the score is very colourful and inventive, but hardly on a par with SW or TESB. Of course the movie itself disappointed me far more than the score did. Attack of the Clones hardly feels like a SW score at all to me. It could have been anyone stepping into JW's shoes and writing exciting "filler" music for the film. I find the score to AOTC to be as hollow as the film itself. I haven't heard any of the music from ROTS yet so I'm reserving judgement.

The Lord of The Ring: The Two Towers.

The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King.

:P I can't imagine anyone actually anticipating more of Howard Shore's long held notes and root position triads.

:P

~Sturgis

this year:

War Of The Worlds (John Williams)

Harry Potter & the Goblet of fire (Peter Doyle)

the last years:

The Terminal (because I play clarinet!!)

and all three Lord Of The Rings scores!!

:) A great score.

~Sturgis

Blatant Herrmann rip-off!

The one CD I'm looking forward to hearing John Adams' THE DHARMA AT BIG SUR when it'll be released on CD later on in the year. Hope it will be as entertaining as the live performance in the Albert Hall last July. That and of course ROTS, the sequel to ROST which was the prequel to ROCI (no relation to Sly).

Hitch, cryptic and deluded....as ever!

I don't agree with the Herrmann rip off- it's more Stravinsky but I still think it's a great score. I'm also looking forward to Adams' work as well as his opera Dr. Atomic. That should be very cool indeed.