67 members have voted

1. 1.

• Artificial Intelligence: A.I.
    • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    • Memoirs of a Geisha
    • Munich

In round one The Patriot was voted off, round two War of the Worlds, round three Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, round four Minority Report, round five Attack of the Clones, round six Catch Me If You Can, round seven The Terminal so place your votes for the next to go!

Artificial Intelligence: A.I.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Memoirs of a Geisha

Munich

Again, REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE!

It's the votes in the POLL that count, not any comments. By all means - post comments, but your vote will only be counted if you vote on the actual poll.

The poll is open for 24 hours. My vote goes to A.I. again.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Philosopher's stone is the best score out of all of them .-

Well it's currently tied to be voted off this round. Obviously there's a discrepancy or a communication break down somewhere.

Tim

Philosopher's stone is the best score out of all of them .-

Well it's currently tied to be voted off this round. Obviously there's a discrepancy or a communication break down somewhere.

Tim

I know, I can't believe it to be honest,

I was just voicing my opinion on the score that's all

lets get rid of AI, and let Munich live another day, afterall its so new, it deserves a break.

A.I. is surprisingly ending to the top 5,in spite of many negative replies.

It is quite schizophrenic score,part of it is very...annoying,other part

almost "greater than life".

I already know my 3 finalists and they are doing quite fine now(A.I. is not in my top 3)

A.I. is quite a schizophrenic score,part of it is very...annoying,other part

almost  "greater than life".

Most of that can be attributed to the fact that the movie itself is all over the map in terms of style and direction.

Tim

Munich

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Artificial Intelligence: A.I.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Memoirs of a Geisha

This was a tough choice, I like them all very much but if I had to choose my least favorite it's Geisha. It was hyped to be Williams' best score ever but it turned out to be far from it. Oscar stuff, but nothing spectacular. I chose Munich at the top of my list because it is, in every way, a brilliant piece of work. I've been listening to it non stop for two weeks now, I can't let it go. Especially A Prayer For Peace is something that keeps you coming back.

The reason HP3 is next is because I love Williams' fantasy/action cues. It also takes a different thematic direction than the first two films, in which I felt Hedwig's Theme was a bit overused. A.I. wasn't bad either, too bad Spielberg forced a techno cue on Williams.

Revenge of the Sith was good too, but lacked originality. It was great to hear the old themes again for the last time, but enough is enough.

AI has been fighting gallantly for its life, barely surviving round after round. Truly an inspriring score! Actually, I'll quit voting strategically and put in a vote for RotS, which has a lot going for it but also has more than the other scores to complain about.

- Adam

I would've thought that SS/PS would beat out PoA in regards to Potter scores, but it looks as though quite a lot of people prefer the latter, at least in the context of this poll. I wouldn't mind having it narrowed down to one of them against something else, since choosing between the two would be next to impossible.

Ray Barnsbury

Guys, Sith is good, but it's nowhere near as good as the two Potters and Geisha. I still haven't heard Munich though, so I thought it best not to vote against it.

But back on Rots, remember how beloved Attack of the Clones was in 2002? And Chamber of Secrets? And look how early those two were voted out. Granted, RotS is better than those two, but it seems to be still in the game only because 1) It's not even a year old, and 2) It's a Star Wars score.

It'll be a showdown between Potterfans and Star Wars fans.  Politics.  Politics.

It seems so. I stopped voting 5 rounds ago and I am waiting and seeing how this turns out (It was just too painful to vote all those good score off the list).

A.I. will be voted off next round which is sad since it is better score than PS, Memoirs and Munich. If judging by the album presentation alone A.I. should be voted off but as a complete score it is magnificent. I feel A.I. had the magic and feeling PS needed but which was in part drowned by the sugar coating and fluffiness Chris Columbus demanded from Williams for the film.

I feel A.I. had the magic  and feeling PS needed but  which was in part drowned by the sugar coating and fluffiness Chris Columbus demanded from Williams for the film.

And thank God he did, it gave Williams a kick on the backside to rediscover some elements that were missing from his writing for a long , long time

PS is a masterpiece

BUT I do love AI too (even from the CD)

I feel A.I. had the magic  and feeling PS needed but  which was in part drowned by the sugar coating and fluffiness Chris Columbus demanded from Williams for the film.

And thank God he did, it gave Williams a kick on the backside to rediscover some elements that were missing from his writing for a long , long time

PS is a masterpiece

BUT I do love AI too (even from the CD)

Perhaps I feel that PS is so fluffy because of the album presentation of the score. I do not like Simon Rhodes' recording/mix. It is not crisp and clear enough (I am amazed how great his recording of the COS sounds in comparison. Just listen to that celesta on the first track of COS. That is what magic sounds like.) and the PS album contains some of the most fluffy music featured in the movie. On a whole PS is a great score but the album left me wanting to hear the complete score and all the great cues missing from the album

I'm puzzled by the fact that when Williams' PS/SS score was released in 2001, many fans considered it nice but nowhere near as good as what he might have done in the late 1970s and early '80s. Others said it sounded too much like Home Alone, lacked the "magic" it required, and wasn't as emotionally engaging as A.I.

Now it's considered a masterpiece? Not dissing the score (it's way better than Doyle's detatched effort), but I wouldn't go anywhere near naming it the score of the decade. :?