Varese Sarabande releases Midway!

Koray Savas

um, the varese re-recording it's not on chronological sequence...

comparing the tracks from both releases, it seems they placed Red Parks Fighters and Attack Begins in the middle of the score not in the finale.

? but didnt they check the film?

mmm maybe the film has those edited... the re-recording pieces together seem to be more than one minute longer the track 17. can the tempo (trying to play it correctly, of course) affect lenght THAT much?

EDIT. Well the re-recording might have been arranged according to the laws of album producing aesthetics Thor is always so ready to praise. ;)

Who cares if the re-recording is wrong? We have the real version now

And yea, it was probably done to create a better listening experience. Varese's re-recording of jaws is also out of film sequence probably for listening experience reasons.

i just wanted to point it. I assumed the re-recording was C&C for years.

Though as i said, this can mean track 17 is not complete since it's a film edit. The re-recording tracks pieced together are way longer that it. :/

Anyway, isn't the true williams conducted jaws the one chronologically altered and the varese re-recording is in chronological version?

Or both are out of order?

i just wanted to point it. I assumed the re-recording was C&C for years.

Though as i said, this can mean track 17 is not complete since it's a film edit. The re-recording tracks pieced together are way longer that it. :/

Anyway, isn't the true williams conducted jaws the one chronologically altered and the varese re-recording is in chronological version?

Or both are out of order?

In regard to Jaws, both are out of order. See here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AjiRtgP4_o4TdGNPOTdQMHhnVWtPdXNfXzN6V0FKNmc&output=html

in regards to Midway, the stereo recording session elements of the cues that make up track 17 couldn't be found, so they took the mono elements from the music-only stem of the film. Meaning yes, its not complete. But it's the best they could do with the recording sessions elements not turning up anywhere.

They say it's the original film recording, but on the back cover it says conducted by Sandy De Crescent. Williams didn't conduct?

Normally Sandy De Crescent is an orchestra contractor.

They say it's the original film recording, but on the back cover it says conducted by Sandy De Crescent. Williams didn't conduct?

Koray got his contractor and conductor mixed when he read the back cover obviously. ;) So look again Koray! It says contractor.

Koray got his contractor and conductor mixed when he read the back cover obviously. ;) So look again Koray! It says contractor.

a20791a132dfd3ecae1202_l.jpg

a20791a132dfd5f1a33bd5_l.jpg

I'm blind, never mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't gotten any shipping notice yet... Should I be worried..? :|

In my experience, shipping notices are hit-or-miss from Varese. Sometimes you don't get one at all. I believe once I didn't get a notice until AFTER I had received the product.

Dont want to be a pain in the ass. but this score is not a remastered re-issue.

Its a score that never had an official release not a boot (regarding williams conducted material). Its been 35 years since the films release.

Does noone else hava any curiosity about it? Or is eager to share their opinion?

I just cant believe it. We are in the fracking Williams forums.

Ordered it maybe 4 hours after latest batch was announced and didn't received a shipping notice yet.

But I don't worry as for years, my order containing The Great Escape 2 CD was "Ordered" and not "Shipped" while I received it in usual time. :sigh:

As I never heard the re-recording, I'm very excited to discover another "new" Williams.