The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

Comingsoon.net

TVShowsonDVD.com reports that Paramount Home Entertainment will release "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - Volume 1" on DVD October 23. There will be a total of three volumes. The 1992-1993 series, executive produced by George Lucas, starred Sean Patrick Flanery as Indiana Jones and George Hall as Dr. Henry 'Indiana' Jones, Jr.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad we've finally got an official release date for this! ;) October isn't that far away. Hopefully before long we'll be seeing some official features list, runtimes, etc.

Never watched the series.How the music got that elaborate 4 c.d. release and Williams scores are still so badly presented on c.d. is beyond me

Laurence Rosenthal and Joel McNeely really did write some great stuff for the show. Considering the fact that there is surely still quite a bit of good music left unreleased from the series, it's really kind of proportional to the amount of unreleased Williams material. I recommend checking it out.

Lookin good Dr. Jones!

I really like the "concerned Indy look" we get as the camera zooms in on him and the 2 guards? (who am I kidding, that's a "Harrison Ford Concerned Look"---> Still love it though!).

That little tiny split-second of shot footage looks sooooooo much like a proper Indy Jones movie! The way the camera slowly zooms in, Harrison's grimacing face, the henchman on his right looks at him, mockingly.

Argh must not get hyped! But I can't fight it...

Yeah, I don't know what to make of all that.....that doesn't sound like an idea 19 years in the making. It sounds like, after several original idea, someone saying '@#%& it, let's just do a straight Raiders sequel.

BTW, has it been officially confirmed that Hurt is Ravenwood? And why have we heard nothing about Blanchett or Winstone?

Morlock- who thinks it's a strange concept that Indy, his son, and his son's grandfather are in this one together

Potential spoiler in my reply to, "Luke".

It seems we may get the ark theme after all.

Thanks for the spoiler warning, @$$(*!#

Neil

I'd rather have that than Area 51 and aliens, which is about as un-Indy as you can get.

EDIT- Great video too. That's the best Ford's looked yet. That one actually gets me a bit more optimistic.

Thanks for the spoiler warning, @$(*!#

Agreed. Can we get no spoiler rule in here (meaning nothing revealed outside of IndianaJones.com)? Or perhaps we should have two threads?

Holay crap, sorry :)

If we all edit our posts future viewers will not notice.

Anyway, it was still a rumor not a proof confirmed plot.

I'd rather have that than Area 51 and aliens, which is about as un-Indy as you can get.

I really think that the 'Warehouse' is in certain Military Base.

Have you played Fate of Atlantis? Aliens there.

Potential spoiler in my reply to, "Luke".
It seems we may get the ark theme after all.

Thanks for the spoiler warning, @$$(*!#

Neil

wait I thought you don't care about this movie

It's the Legacy of the series.

But hell they've already ruined Jaws, Star Wars and Superman so why not Indy?

Have you played Fate of Atlantis? Aliens there.

Unfortunately not. That, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam & Max are all from the classic LucasArts days missing from my collection. But since it's a video game I give it a bit more plot leeway.

And I have had some further thoughts, and to set a proper example I'm going to use this nifty little thing we have here called: Spoiler Font.

Thinking about it, Area 51 makes more sense if the lastest AICN revelation is true. If the government is using the top secret base as a warehouse for some of the more dangerous of the overflowing collection we saw at the end of Raiders, it would certainly make sense to have the Ark there. Which leads to why Indy is there. No aliens (he silently prays)!

Spoilers (this is kind of silly, maybe we should allow them or start a new thread):

Yeah, Area 51 is fine as long as there aren't aliens. I hope Spielberg and Lucas aren't going to let their political agendas turn the American government/military into Nazi-like bad guys, though.

Yeah, no point in seeing the movie now.

I know you're being sarcastic but for everybody else who has the same thought and is serious

ohboy.jpg

Well for those who has no interested in the movie... Just get the music for it instead. I'm sure everyone here is looking foward to another new Indy score by John Williams with his amazing modern style that we've been waiting for.

why does The Raiders March going into the 5 note motif of CEOT3K make me giggle... lol

Do, do-do Reee Me Do do So

ROTFLMAO

You know...it actual fits in a weird and fantastical way.

Well for those who has no interested in the movie... Just get the music for it instead. I'm sure everyone here is looking foward to another new Indy score by John Williams with his amazing modern style that we've been waiting for.

I think it's already been established that most of us will get the score, regardless of the how the film is.

Anyone else read that both Harrison Ford and Shia LaBeouf have signed 3-picture deals, which will involve 2 more IJ films after this one? Or is this ancient debunked stuff that I just haven't found because I can't be arsed to read through the entire thread?

There ae so many rumors about Indy running around...AICN is doing weekly Rumor control articles involving this.

I don't like the idea either, and what makes it more scary is IGN's track record with Indy (and others), they get their source ducks in a row before reporting anything and so are usually very accurate.

What good will an Indy Jr. be? Will he be doing something concerning the Vietnam War? Will he be a hippie? Will there be a story about Reagan Era "Star Wars" technology? Will Saddam Hussein's minions be the next bad guys?

Goddamn you Lucas!!!

When will you learn to leave what's well enough alone?

I'm enthusiastically up for one last film in the series, but so help me God, if they're just using this next movie as a set up for *more* movies in the future, I will have to rescind my previous enthusiasm for Indy IV and become a bitter, disgruntled purist. You just *know* the type of films they would turn out to be and what kind of audience would comprise the slack-jawed yokel hipsters that they would be marketing them to.

I really hope this is a false rumor.