Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

That's not true. There's a cameo in Enchanted, and it may have appeared in one or two other scores (I don't know), but it's definitely not in every post-B&B score.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra is one of the greatest Indy cues ever, perhaps I should look into The Great Escape (I already have the Main Titles).

I don't have the box with me, so I'm not completely sure. I just grabbed it becuase I saw a used copy for $5. It's the one that MGM records released I believe, with the dialogue preceeding some tracks.

I don't have the box with me, so I'm not completely sure. I just grabbed it becuase I saw a used copy for $5. It's the one that MGM records released I believe, with the dialogue preceeding some tracks.

There was a re-recording done by Bernstein and the RSNO in the late 90's, along with the Magnificent Seven, but they were both pulled due to legal issues, if my memory is correct. But it's just a recording of basically the same material that was issued for the film's original soundtrack album and eventually on the Ryko disc. The Ryko disc was re-issued by Varese Sarabande minus the dialogue tracks.

However the masters to the complete score were found and Varese issued it thru their CD club in 2004 as a 2 disc set.

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp...0804%2D1029%2D2

There was a re-recording done by Bernstein and the RSNO in the late 90's, along with the Magnificent Seven, but they were both pulled due to legal issues, if my memory is correct. But it's just a recording of basically the same material that was issued for the film's original soundtrack album and eventually on the Ryko disc. The Ryko disc was re-issued by Varese Sarabande minus the dialogue tracks.

However the masters to the complete score were found and Varese issued it thru their CD club in 2004 as a 2 disc set.

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp...0804%2D1029%2D2

Oh wow...I just read that whole page, a very interesting story! Considering how much I enjoyed the album that I just bought, I'm going to have to track this one down soon!

Thanks indy4, it was an intense battle. I watched the item like a week ago and completely forgot about it. I got an e-mail telling me it was ending soon and I checked expecting to see it rise up to like $80.

It was starting at $25 and had 0 bids with 2 hours remaining. I was like "Holy garbage!" I can actually win this. I waited the 2 hours. At the 30 minute mark 1 person bid. Nothing changed until 5 minutes remaining, when another guy came in. They battle it out adding a dollar at a time. I wait for 20 seconds left, enter my bid and... BAM! I win :D

My like new (opened and listened to once) Dracula CD will be shipping tomorrow.

Images arrived. I'm only on track three (Dogs, Ponies & Old Ruins). So far, this track is defenetly the highlight. I am fairly shocked, however, that the score sounds so good. I only really bought it for three reasons:

1. The collector inside of me told me to get it.

2. It was only 2,000 copies, so I figured it would get very pricey if I didn't get it now.

3. It sounds like an incredibly unique score, even for a JW score, so I really had to.

I did not expect to like it very much, but I'm finding it much more enjoyable than I originally thought. It's very creepy, very beautiful, and very strange. This, along with Little Miss Sunshine, is probably one of the most unique scores I own (Images may in fact be the most unique score).

EDIT: God, I'm listening to Visitations, I'm really getting spooked! Awesome! And I like that moaning man in the background.

Images arrived. I'm only on track three (Dogs, Ponies & Old Ruins). So far, this track is defenetly the highlight. I am fairly shocked, however, that the score sounds so good. I only really bought it for three reasons:

1. The collector inside of me told me to get it.

2. It was only 2,000 copies, so I figured it would get very pricey if I didn't get it now.

3. It sounds like an incredibly unique score, even for a JW score, so I really had to.

I did not expect to like it very much, but I'm finding it much more enjoyable than I originally thought. It's very creepy, very beautiful, and very strange. This, along with Little Miss Sunshine, is probably one of the most unique scores I own (Images may in fact be the most unique score).

EDIT: God, I'm listening to Visitations, I'm really getting spooked! Awesome! And I like that moaning man in the background.

Yeah, it's a hauntingly beautiful score. When I first listened to it awhile back, The Killing Of Marcel was my favorite because of that moaning. However, I listened to it when I bought the official release, and it actually creeped me out so much I had to stop listening to it.

Jaws 3D

Broken Trail

Mary, Queen of Scots

I Am Legend

The Mist

The Bucket List (GASP..Sob!!)

The Holiday

Entrapment

Surf's Up *signed*

Rambo *signed*

Halloween III

Mars Underground

I Am Legend (Yup, again ,by mistake)

September Dawn

Without A Clue

Big Empty

Point of Origin

Bad Boys

Secret Weapons Over Normandy

Point Break

Tango and Cash

Return of The King (Complete)

Two Towers (Complete)

Legend of Butch and Sundance

Beyond The Gates

The Brave One

Saved up for quite sometime for a binge like this!

"My Poor Wallet" finally allowed me to order the new Wind and the Lion, and it came in the mail today. Listening to it right now... I love some of these new tracks, like "The Camp." And there's some really nice looking liner notes here I look forward to reading in full.

Thank you, Intrada!

L'Avventuriero - Ennio Morricone

Corleone - Ennio Morricone

Kleiner Dodo - Henning Lohner

Spirit Of The Glen - Some weird compilation of classical music I got for free

Invincible - No score by Isham, just songs

...and the superb complete score to The Weather Man! Thanks, Vosk! :jump:

Jaws 3D

I have this one, it's quite good.

The Holiday

One of Zimmer's best, IMO.

Return of The King (Complete)

Two Towers (Complete)

Both of these are great!

North's Les Miserables

Alien

Dying Young

Scream

Only had a listen to a bit of the last two... neither are particularly promising. I'm not a fan of that period of JNH, and small horror scores generally aren't very interesting to me.

I should find Zimmer's The Holiday, seems to be getting some praise.

It's definitely an infectious, pleasant score. Better than lots of Zimmer's blockbuster material, and I doubt most people (especially the ardent Zimmer-haters) would even recognize that it's his.

It's definitely an infectious, pleasant score. Better than lots of Zimmer's blockbuster material, and I doubt most people (especially the ardent Zimmer-haters) would even recognize that it's his.

That's because they are ignorant idiots that don't know what they criticize.

This really is a superb score that has shown me a different side of Zimmer. The way he integrates Morricon's Once Upon...America theme is great, particularly in Three Musketeers. Really dynamic and feel-good. This is Zimmer meets Newman - indy4 (and Ray) - thanks so much for recommending this!

And Koray - you're absolutely right. I urge every single person here who thinks Zimmer is... well, you know.. to listen to The Holiday right now.

Ordered The Spiderwick Chronicles, The Golden Compass, and Tombstone (2 CD). First Amazon purchase is a while, I threw in the CDs because I was already buying filmmusic books (Overtones and Undertones, by Royal S. Brown, The Reel World by Jeff Rona and, at Ross' recommendation, Hitckcock's Music, by Jack Sullivan).

I just listened to the samples at SAE for The Holiday, and it is interesting. I may need to hear more of it, though. Some of the electronic elements cast somewhat of a bubblegum/commercial veneer on the material that I thought maybe it could have done without. Perhaps I just need to hear the rest of it. I dunno. I hope this didn't mark the final end of the Meyers/Silvestri collaborations, though, as I really enjoyed the scores for Father of the Bride, Father of the Bride Part II, and The Parent Trap.

Magical Mystery Tour- The Beatles

:lol:

Probably the most eccentric Beatles album. Not a great all-around album, but some classic cuts ('Baby, You're a rich man', 'Your mother should know', 'Fool on the hill', and, of course, 'I am the Walrus').

Was at Hastings last night and found a used copy of Alex North's Spartacus, I never purchased the CD because I keep waiting for a deluxe remastered version to appear. Went ahead and bought it along with a used copy of From The Earth To the Moon just for Michael Kamen's theme.

waroftheworldssoundtrack.jpg

I am absolutely shocked at how superb this score is!

I am not a big fan of the movie, which I've only seen once in it's entirety, but I caught a second viewing of parts of it on TV a few days ago, so I had to buy the score.

It has that sound that made ESB and ET so great. I can't explain it, but this sucker truly kicks ass. Very impressive.

Mary, Queen Of Scots - John Barry

The Blue And the Gray - Bruce Broughton

Amerika - Basil Poledouris

Farewell To The King - Basil Poledouris

The Legend of Butch and Sundance - Basil Poledouris