How Much John Williams Music Is On Your Computer Right Now?

ashinyobject

Concidering that I've only collected Williams' music for about three years now, I think that this is a sizeable collection.

JWmusic.jpg

Small, though, compared to the rest of my music.

musicall.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Williams on my computer, I have..

Star Wars Episode I-VI scores (ripped from their original CD's)

Star Wars Trilogy Anthology 4-disc set (ripped from their original CD's)

Home Alone (ripped from it's original CD)

Home Alone 2 The Deluxe Edition (ripped form it's original CD's)

Superman DVD isolated score

Superman 2-CD Rhino/Warner set (ripped from their original CD's)

Superman OST (ripped from it's original CD)

A.I. Artificial Intelligence 2-CD Expanded boot

Um... all of my collection, which is nearly all made. I'd go into detail but..

21.1 GB

3,628 files

203 Folders

My total music collection is...

179.33 GB

I started saving all my music to my computer. I tend to scratch cd's... or did because I'd leave them in my car so I could listen to them when I want to, but now I have an mp3 player so I don't need to anymore... but I do it so I can burn the cd's if need be... plus now I can just upload them to my mp3 player so it works.

Ah didn't know you wanted it in GB's. :| In that case for mine it's about 5 GB's.

Edit: As far as the total number of gig's for my entire music collection it's 14.0GB's.

JW albums:

1894 songs,4.2 Days,7.89 GB

JW bootlegs:

342 songs,15.9 hours,1.33 GB

Boston Pops:

129 songs,9.9 hours,813 MB

TOTAL MUSIC Collection(all composers)

6669 songs,15.8 days,30.90 GB

K.M. :|

If we're doing days... My entire collection clocks in at...

2 Years, 182 days, 15 hours, 32 mins, 50 seconds...

wow... um... justwow...

And John Williams is about... hard to say because some of the playlists don't come up right but about 200 hours...

If we're doing days... My entire collection clocks in at...

2 Years, 182 days, 15 hours, 32 mins, 50 seconds...

wow... um... justwow...

And John Williams is about... hard to say because some of the playlists don't come up right but about 200 days...

oh crap.

I don't think that re-recordings should count.

i think that the only re-recordings i have is from the John Williams 40 Years of Film Music by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.

Mine's roughly a 3 year old collection too. This time in '03, I could fit everything on one CD.

Williams:

8.6 GB - 958 tracks, 2.5 days

Whole music collection:

44.2 GB - 7296 tracks, 2 weeks, 1 day and 22 mins

I don't think that re-recordings should count.

i think that the only re-recordings i have is from the John Williams 40 Years of Film Music by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.

Oh dear! 4 CD's of Frisbee material then! :|

95% of my Williams collection is on CD, but I do have quite a few other bits and pieces saved on the hard drive =

4.42 GB - 2,491 files

- Tim.

21 cds, 345 tracks. I have my whole JW collection in wav format on my computer. Hey it ain't that bad for less than a year of collecting. I have all of my cds on my computer because I don't want to damage any of the cds, especially some of the rarer ones that I have.

Where does the money come from for you people buy all these CDs?!  Seriously.

i don't have a hobby, plus you save a lot of money when you don't smoke or drink. not implying that you do.

1356 tracks, 3.3 days, 5.34 GB. My proces is to put every single piece of music I get on my PC, and then, when I get the chance, go through it one by one and choose what tracks I want to keep. If I think I threw out some good tracks, I'll put the CD back on and give it another run through. Trouble, I got a whole bunch of CDs in a shot amount of time, so I'm extremely backed up. Kinda gave up on the whole process, I'm content with having the entire CDs on my PC to access at will. They do take up room though (370 soundtracks, 27 GB).

0, I don't store music on my PC.

Ditto. Anything I have saved are old editing projects I haven't deleted yet or backup copies of some rare stuff (Indy 3 unreleased, Episode III unreleased etc).

John Williams:

267 items | 18.7 Hours | 1.12 GB

Entire Library:

1780 items | 6 Days | 7.90 GB

Wow, that really isn't a lot of John Williams. It's growing, though.

I have 1094 JW files (4 GB) which makes about 2 days 26 minutes of Williams music ;) But that entails mostly the rare Williams material I haven't been able to buy and few expanded Williams scores.

I keep my actual CD collection off my computer. I am too lazy to load it all to my computer :P

Work.

And parents. ;)

And music is my passion, so I prefer spending on CDs (and DVDs) rather than smoking or buying alcohol or drugs.

I have a friend who smokes, and spends about 1000€ a year for buying sigarettes (which is not even that much, it's less than 180 packs, he smokes like 2-3 sigarettes/day). 1000€ is a money I get in a month of work, and it's more than what I spend for music. :P

I have a friend who smokes, and spends about 1000€ a year for buying sigarettes (which is not even that much, it's less than 180 packs, he smokes like 2-3 sigarettes/day). 1000€ is a money I get in a month of work, and it's more than what I spend for music. ;)

Holy Smoke Batman! Boy that smoking is expensive! I am glad I do not smoke since that would ruin my economy complitely.

I wrote that numbers without calculating too much, but I'm sure that there's people that spends a lot more.

What it costs a pack of sigarettes (20 sigarettes)? About 6 Euros? Sure some people smoke 1 pack per day, so 6x365=2190.

If I buy (just to say a very small number) 30 CDs in one year, I spend about 500 Euros, and surely my lungs are happier. ;)

About 30 GB of WAV files. I guess that's about thirty CDs.

You should convert it to MP3 format as that would compress it down to about 10-12GB.

Actually it will be less. I have about 80 albums and they only take up 5GB's worth of space.

Why bother compressing them? Wav is a lossless rip of an original soundtrack....

Edit: Also why in the world would ANYONE want score files under 192kbps??? Anything under 192kbps sounds pretty fracking horrible.

It comes from working 40+ hours, 5 days a week.

Wow. How do you find 40+ hours in a day?

(Sorry I am being facetious)

Lucky you. I've been facing 70 hour-weeks lately. Thank God it's going to be over relatively soon. Some people face weeks like these all their lives.

Well.

I got CD 1 of the Empire Strikes Back on RealPlayer. I'm gonna load CD 2 and Return of the Jedi on that MoFo later.

I was listening to The Battle of Hoth as I took a shower last night.

No one cares.