Youtube clips

KingPin

"Knight Rider"

By: Morton Stevens

What's generally not known is that aside from Stu Philips and Don Peake, there was one more composer on the series -- Stevens, and he scored one episode. Here is a good selection of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5TvdklaL0w

Just a warning to you guys: 20th Century Fox have started forcefully removing Star Wars videos off YouTube. Be careful what you post up there.

thanks for reaction, in fact, i dont know what you mean lifetime TV gig. What that means for u? What tanted u say by that ? This was firstime i heard my music played by orchestra, couse it was free. Also while i am studying the idea comes to me as a visitor every week. What will be next music about? Something more pop for people or something just like you should find? Dont know, so i decided to try to compose some melodic music first, than maybe in the future some aspects like in 20s, Honegger studiing.

Just found this:

I don't from what year or from when is it, but it's fascinating! I love the fact that Johnny sounds so energetic and lively when talking about Herrmann.

Would love to see more of this interview! Although it seems more like a conference...

Ahh! I remember that very well! I watched it a few years ago in it's full lenght. Guess it was about half an hour long. But somehow

it dissappeared again. This one here is just an exerpt of this q&a conversation between music students and John Williams.

Nice video. I'm glad that Herrmann and to a lesser extent Williams seem to be sticking up for the validity of film music as pure music.

Steven Spielberg reaction to him not being nominated for Best Director for Jaws:

I'm glad he's humbled since then...

I don't from what year or from when is it, but it's fascinating!

This is Williams at the University of Southern California, Thornton School of Music. I think mid to late 2005, I don't remember exactly.

Tim

Ahh! I remember that very well! I watched it a few years ago in it's full lenght. Guess it was about half an hour long. But somehow

it dissappeared again. This one here is just an exerpt of this q&a conversation between music students and John Williams.

This is a Q&A at USC Thornton School of Music held in 2005 if I remember correctly. It was hosted by John Burlingame and after the initial presentation and information on his background, early career and how he came into film music Williams took questions from the students. Coindicentally enough Ken Hall, the music editor on E.T. was also in audience and Williams shared a few memories about the film with him and the rest of the people.

I think the whole Q & A lasted over an hour. A really fascinating discussion although the sound quality varies because the mikes were not so well placed, especially for the questions.

Cute, but...

He let his dog PISS on the entrace wya to what I guess it an apartment complex doorway (based on the layout which looks like a lobby, and the double glass doors that swing out).

Let's play: Guess the Mystery Score (or at least the composer) -- hear something probably little to none of you have heard; I heard it myself today for the first time, loved it, recorded it. So:

The old black & white guessing show, "What's My Line?" has a famous film composer on -- this time no one was blind folded, it was assumed (correctly) they wouldn't know who he was by looking at him: