Youtube clips

KingPin

An nice little featurette on the score for the forthcoming Tommy Lee Jones picture The Homesman. Marco Beltrami and his now-frequent collaborator Buck Sanders discuss instrumentation and their decision to record out-of-doors, and Jones registers approval for their pursuit of "originality."

With the usual disclaimer of I-don't-know-if-anyone's-posted-this-before, this is the first time I've run across this. I though it was very well done, if slightly on the longish side (some of the shot sequences start to repeat after a while). They're calling it the "Michael Bay" trailer, though I don't think it deserves that sort of derogatory label myself. . . .

For comparison—and to demonstrate how far the art of the preview has evolved in thirty years—here's the original trailer:

The New "Aznavour - Anthology" 60 CD Boxset, for which I participated in the elaboration, is here!

More than 760 newly remastered titles from the original analogue masters.

45 original albums + 15 CD of rare moments, duos and unreleased versions + his best songs sung in english, italian, spanish and german.

Charles Aznavour: a 60 CD Anthology for an exceptional body of work!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm halfway through this and despite the movie still being complete shit, this is absolutely fascinating. It also features some behind the scenes stuff that isn't featured on the Plinklett reviews but that would still be perfect. A particular highlight is when one of the sound editors is editing the lightsaber attack on the arena and they mention how it's so dense.

And my God, George is so embarassing to watch and hear. "We have no choice but TO ORDER A RETREAT!"

In 2015, that's the fiftieth anniversary of the album "André Previn Plays Music Of The Young Hollywood Composers"

I recall seeing this long ago but not quite appreciating at the time just how much work must have gone into it.

It is for this reason that this news from the north must be shared :

Great interview with Malcolm McNab, trumpet player on 80% of the great LA film music recordings between the 70's and today. At 32:00 he talks about Goldsmith, Herrmann, Williams, and Broughton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who is this "Katy Perry" person and why is she doing a cover of the E.T theme?

Some star I think. Haha, I do not think it is that E.T.!

Wow! I never heard this on the radio back then... and I loved that tune!

Here's 1978 again (for one of Nike's new commercials):

And don't miss Sylvester Stallone delivering bread like a boss:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/15/dennis-quaids-outburst-was-fake%E2%80%94and-funny-or-die-blame

What really happened on the Dennis Quaid set!

Every time i see him I do realize how underrated he is as an actor....and how much like a lightly younger Harrison Ford he looks/sounds.