Honestly, do you believe there will be a H. Ford starring Indy 5?

Quintus

Indy 5.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will it happen?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm not asking whether you want it to happen or not, I'm asking will it happen regardless?

I hate to say it, but I believe the answer lies within the performance of the next movie in the series. Indy 5 may yet be on the cards. Like it or not, the prospect of it is real. Don't forget, this is a Lucasfilm production.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he apparently played, or killed (with the ancient martial art of carpentry) an 'Alien Terminator'. He'll do, in Lucas' opinion.

Besides, a lowly carpenter was good enough to play Indiana Jones in the first place ROTFLMAO

H. Ford starring Indy 5

Well the Indy movies seem to be full of skeletons that fall out of a dark corner when somebody passes by, and "scrreeeaaaaaaam". If we're talking about another Indy movie 40 years from now, then Harrison could star once again, by being - Screaming skeleton #46 ROTFLMAO

I doubt it'll happen.

For one, this is from Wiki:

As 2006 began, Harrison Ford declared if the film was not made by 2008, then the filmmakers should drop the idea altogether.[49]

I'd pay to see Harrison Ford in a zimmer frame, with Spielberg directing out of one, with Lucas' chin being supporting by one and with one holding up John Williams' baton.

The Zimmer Frame nbe0200l.jpg

Hopefully not.

When Lucas created Indiana Jones originally, three sequels were planned. Now that those three sequels have been made, it's time to close this book.

I'm glad to see Lucas get some credit for creating the series . . . but Spielberg and Ford would have to be in on it as well. It's not up to Lucas. With that said, I voted no. It's a bit of a stretch seeing Harrison pull this off now, let alone another one down the road.

Hopefully not.

When Lucas created Indiana Jones originally, three sequels were planned. Now that those three sequels have been made, it's time to close this book.

The original contract with Paramount actually specified five films. However, I'm sure it's no longer in effect.

never_say_never_again.jpg

Neil

Worst James Bond movie ever.

And that's saying a lot.

Hopefully not.

Personally, I think we should let go of the idea that Lucas has ever "planned" anything.

never_say_never_again.jpg

Neil

Worst James Bond movie ever.

And that's saying a lot.

It wasn't my intention to start a discussion about James Bond movies in this thread, just to point out the unique title of that movie.

That being said, I've seen far worse Bond movies than NSNA, and those were made by the official producers, unlike NSNA.

Neil

Hopefully not.

The original contract with Paramount actually specified five films. However, I'm sure it's no longer in effect.

The original contract with Paramount actually specified five SEQUELS, .

however, they won't be made. Hopefully

I've never heard of this.

All I know is that when Lucas pitched Raiders to Spielberg, he talked about it like the first in a trilogy. Spielberg soon found out nothing was planned yet for the sequels though, and he proceeded to make Raiders as a stand-alone movie.

You'll notice the old movies aren't really a trilogy either. They just happen to be... three movies.

I'd say it's unlikely, but certainly possible. I think it's unusual to say the least that all the key players have been asked this question, and not a single one (except Frank Marshall) has outright refuted the possibility. Spielberg and Lucas both had very lukewarm responses, and definitely didn't seem cold to the possibility of Indy 5. Let's face it, they've probably discussed it a million times during shooting, but the reality is that while they're probably friendly to the idea of a fifth film at the moment after having withdrawal symptoms, they'll quickly move on to other things and realise another Indy film won't be necessary.

.....five seems an awfully neater number of movies than four, though. :)

No way.

Lucas might want to make money, but Spielberg and Ford would never agree.

We only get four Raiders films but someone thought eight Potter films would be worth it? Earth sucks.

The Potter movies have books. Indy doesn't.

"Star Wars will never be available on home video."

- George Lucas, 1978

He did not lie.

Star wars was 1st available on DVD, without anamorphic widescreen and all.

1977 star wars, i mean.

The 'others' do it too.

How many times i have read here Star Wars has no been released or is not available

Which is true, but is also from a certain point of view.

People complained for 30 years that SW theatrical version was not available...

Luke, are you serious?

Are you serious?

No im not kriffing serious.

It becomes serious when people start a debate about it.

I know Lucas lied and continues lying.

But we are always puting semantics between what is ANH and what is SW. Always to bash Lucas. I used the same thing to defend him with an ironical remark (dont tell me this is the 1st time someone has said here that one thing is true or false depending on if you interpret it literally or not), and we end with a philosophical discussion about media formats.

I always thought the book Indiana Jones and the Labyrinth of Horus would've made a brilliant Indy film indeed. They should've gone ahead and made that film years ago when Ford wasn't so old yet; I don't think that story would work very well with an old Ford. Probably the film makers never knew of that story in the first place. It was written by a German writer and I'm not at all sure if an English translation exists. A Dutch one does though and I assure you it's brilliant. Truly exiting, interesting and funny. And very Indy-esque.

BTW: I don't think an Indy 5 will happen. I wouldn't actually mind an Indy 5, especially not if it's a fun film that actually has Harrison Ford in the lead. But I don't think it'll happen. It took almost forever for Indy 4 to happen.