Petition John Williams To Compose Music For HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS

scallenger

I have never made a petition before for anything, but this seemed like something that HAS to be done. Something that perhaps a petition could make happen. Something there is still time to show that fans really do want this to happen.

If you are a fan of the Harry Potter films and/or John Williams music, visit the link below to make a difference.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Williams_Potter_Hallows/

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I encourage all to sign this. I know that some think petition do nothing, but it takes SO little effort, all you must do is press a few buttons. If it doesn't work, that's about 3 seconds of your life gone forever, oh no. And if it does. . . .

I encourage all to sign this. I know that some think petition do nothing, but it takes SO little effort, all you must do is press a few buttons. If it doesn't work, that's about 3 seconds of your life gone forever, oh no. And if it does. . . .

Exactly! Thank you very much.

Well,it doesn't hurt to show Williams that his fans really want him to.

and you should post this at Mugglenet and other Potter sites where there are far more people than film music boards.

Also I don't have proof that Internet petitions don't work ,only that some other random people have said that they don't.

Most of the time online petitions are a waste of time. Still, I signed it, mainly because I really want a Williams Potter finale. If it does happen, lets hope it's more Prisoner of Azkaban than Chamber of Secrets. ;)

Why? What do you have to lose?

Just read this on FSM:

In 1998, ABC pulled the plug on the excellent Fantasy Island TV remake. They had thousands of people send seashells to ABC, to get the show back on the air. It never did.

You need more people than this board has to be heard. You need probably 50 times the people on this board to be heard. (If you were to illicet a postcard from every HP fan in America though, they'd probably relent)

I think I'll spread this petition to all of the forums I have accounts on. Even non-film score ones, if there's an off topic section. I recommend this, to spread the word to everyone!

Signed. I wouldn't mind a rescore of the other non-Williams-scored Potter films either. That would do them a world of good.

My thought.

At least make it:

Signed. I wouldn't mind a rescore of the other non-Williams-scored Superman, Jaws and Harry Potter films either. That would do them a world of good.
then. ;)

I never actually saw the non-Williams-scored Superman and Jaws films, so I can say nothing about thos.

My thoughts on this: I did sign, but I doubt it will work. Like it has been said, if Williams wants to score the final Harry Potter film(s), he will. No doubt about that.

As for rescoring the other films (and even older films), you're kidding, right? Isn't that a bit of overkill? For that matter, I'd like to see John Williams rescore every one of my favorite films, some of my favorite TV shows, oh, and that commercial that I currently like. Come on, people....

Petition John Williams to compose music for...........

Failing that, the Taser will work. Trust me guys, it will ;)

Perhaps we could compare online petitions with masturbation?

After all, what you are doing in both scenarios is merely a simulation, and while you're doing it you know than in reality it's only you there doing something to yourself and despite feeling great at the end, you know deep down nobody was there to receive the offering :)

Melange - Deep in thought today :D

John Will score the last two Potter films. it is inevitable

Not going to sign, because it'll be 3 seconds of my life that I'll never see again.

I enjoyed Hooper's Order Of The Phoenix score, I'm looking forward to his Half-Blood Prince score, and I'm hoping he'll do the Deathly Hallows score.

I love John Williams music over any other composer, I think his POA score is one of his best and I believe his music was definitely missed from GOF and somewhat from OOTP (Hooper did a good job, Doyle did not). However, like it's been said, if he wants to do the score, he probably will. I think Williams has enough clout in Hollywood to override any decision made by Yates or David Hayman. So, if he really wants to do the score then it's gonna be his job for the taking. Now, if it's announced that Hooper will score again I'm sure most fans of Williams will think that an injustice has been done and that the petition really needs to be done so that Hooper gets fired and Williams gets the job, but if he doesn't get the score that must mean he wasn't interested enough to throw his hat into the ring so does everyone really want John Williams to be forced by his fans to sit down and write a score he doesn't really want to?

I would call my self a Williams fan, and I am NOT signing this.

But,if Williams scores another HP were in for a some new majestic themes,great action set pieces,probably an amazing Finale....

Either that or another slow paced historical drama ,or a thriller with lots of creeping around music and Ludlow's demise.

I would call my self a Williams fan, and I am NOT signing this.

But,if Williams scores another HP were in for a some new majestic themes,great action set pieces,probably an amazing Finale....

I'd rather him score W.

I know this is old news, but the last Harry Potter film will be split into two parts. What is the opinion of the JWFan Network members here think of that? Please note I know people have already heard about this and please reply kindly. Thanks.

You son of a bitch, we all already knew that!

:joke:

Seriously though, I've gotten used to the idea. It still seems kind of odd, but if done well it could really work. My main question at this point is where the split will occur.

I think it's the best and obviously only chance they have of finally making a great film (no, I don't think any of the previous movies have been great). Lessening the time constraints and giving the audience a bit of time to breathe in between acts I think is a good way to say the final goodbye to the series.

I see the petition is on the main page... are people really taking it that seriously?

I don't want to be a sour puss here but these kinds of petitions always strike me as a bit silly. You have to realize that the producers and director will always chose the composer they want and think is best. Public opinion, no matter how passionate, will not have much influence on this.

I don't want to be a sour puss here but these kinds of petitions always strike me as a bit silly. You have to realize that the producers and director will always chose the composer they want and think is best. Public opinion, no matter how passionate, will not have much influence on this.

I dunno.People say that left and right and seem to be quoting whoever said that before them. Any proof execs don't bother to read online petitions? In this day and age even politicians take notice of what people say online.