The 2nd OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now commute between my 3 homes

Prequel Resource (new unreleased music from TFU)

Indy 4 thread(unreleased music DVD rip)

Indy Box Set thread (where's the disk 5 track list)

I now commute between my 3 homes

Prequel Resource (new unreleased music from TFU)

Indy 4 thread(unreleased music DVD rip)

Indy Box Set thread (where's the disk 5 track list)

Just be ready to add one to the list when Indy V is announced*

*scored by Hans Zimmer.

The Jungle Chase is Williams' most thematically driven action cue since The Quidditch Match. Just great stuff.

I agree, it's a very organic piece, full of rhythmic energy and aptly orchestrated. It's great how Williams intertwined almost all the thematic material (Raiders March, Marion's Theme, Irina's Theme, Adventures of Mutt's Theme, the Indy/Mutt variation, Russian motif) during the piece. Too bad they presented a severely mutilated version on the OST album.

Also, did you notice how different is the film mix of the music than it is on CD? It sounds much more dry and "in your face", it's closer to the way music was mixed in the older films.

Oh my word. I just listened to "The Jungle Chase." I would not at all mind if they take up the disc space on disc 5 to include the complete cue. It's bloody fantastic! It'll take time to get it down by heart, but there are some very nice bits in there. I love the usage of the Russian theme, and both sections of the Raiders March got some good statements--I was especially pleased to be reminded that the full B theme is used, not just the segment of it that is used in "The Journey to Akator" AKA "Flight to Peru."

I don't know what else I can say. It's just way freakin' better to hear the whole thing.

John's right. If you just listen to it in the movie, then you're not just listening to it like this, you're getting MORE SFX plus dialogue. I mean, it seems pretty obvious to me.

After Munich, I thought Indy 4 was going to be a throwback to old stunts - in a way, it was, but in another way, it totally wasn't. Munich Spielberg needs to step in for Indy 5. I doubt he cares about the slightest realism for anything but historical drama now.

I appreciate the good fun of it all etc, but is it normal that my ears are bleeding right now?

You....dont like marching band music? Of course, the sound quality doesnt do justice to seeing them live...at all.

Well it's in the trash now. I'd rather just watch the movie to hear it with SFX.

No,you get MUCH less SFX this way than listening to the film. I think these DVD rips are nice to have to put in a folder somewhere for reference and know in detail what I'm missing, but I never add them to the score either.

14 minutes of pre-viz??? Surely that could be the entire Warehouse Escape cue, from "I Like Ike" until the rocket sled takes off? It's only a 2:20m long cue, and actually contains several nice variances of the Ark and Indy's theme. The "Flight from Peru" reference contains some gorgeous contrasting ascending and descending string movements, if you listen to the rear channels of the DVD.

I suppose we're not lucky enough to get complete Jungle Chase this way though, are we?

The "Pre-Visualization Sequences" from three major action scenes are included ("Area 51 Escape", "Jungle Chase" and "Ants Attack"), set to John Williams' music from those scenes. It's always interesting to see how the final versions of films have changed (if at all!) from the original concepts done way back in pre-production.

http://www.soundtrack.net/movies/database/...amp;page=review

14 minutes of it... please let it be without interjecting voices.

Didn't somebody have an advanced copy of the DVD extras??

The viewer is offered three pre-visualization sequences (CGI storyboards of various action sequences) from which to choose. The Area 51 Escape sequence runs 3 ¾ minutes. The Jungle Chase is 5 ¾ minutes while the Ant Attack is 4 ½ minutes.
Having just checked, from the moment Indy shoots the guy in the foot, until the wide shot of Doom Town (and taking out the scene with Irina and Mac in the middle), it's almost exactly 3.75 minutes long. So sure, we should prepare to be disappointed, but this is one of the two most coveted missing cues from KOTCS.

John's right. If you just listen to it in the movie, then you're not just listening to it like this, you're getting MORE SFX plus dialogue. I mean, it seems pretty obvious to me.

The other problem in this case is that you'll be stuck watching KOCS.

Neil

Ooh, there's also that lovely fanfare of Irina's Theme as she dangles off the cliff on the rope.. It appears the heroic statement of Marion's theme as she drives off the cliff is heavily truncated and dialled out in the final film. If you listen to the rear channels, it basically just dials out to silence midway through a trumpeting note. With the blend of the Russian, Spalko and Marion themes, this could have been another OST highlight. *Sigh*

Guess we'll never even hear the cue without a complete score.

The other problem in this case is that you'll be stuck watching KOCS.

Neil

You might like it in PAL, it goes faster.

the You tube bit has "high quality" option,so it's probably a direct rip

k.M.Who still can;t place that bit

That only seems to improve the video quality.

Apparently, some bits of unreleased music are heard on the DVD menus too:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6lWfNuYZg (check around 1:30 mark)

what cue is that??

K.M. who already recorded it

I think is the "Automatic Writing" cue, but I'm not sure.

this is the music when indy finds out that the drawings are a map!