Jump to content
filmmusic

Hal Leonard Signature Editions

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I am not complaining about the piece itself, just the lack of other pieces.  I was hoping for the multi-movement suite like with TFA.  

Using what?

John Williams suites, and Star Wars suites at that are based on themes.

here we don't have any other piece (at least in the album and I'm sure in the complete score too) that relies on a new theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I think the Fathiers would work as a standalone piece--maybe with a grander finale than the cue itself.  While it would be a departure of sorts, he could offer the Battle of Crait as a concert track.  It would function much like the end credits of TFA--comprised mostly of themes for which there are already concert pieces.  

 

For a soundtrack as vigorous, energetic, and bold as it is, the Rebellion Reborn, while very good, just does not seem like a representative sample.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Using what?

John Williams suites, and Star Wars suites at that are based on themes.

here we don't have any other piece (at least in the album and I'm sure in the complete score too) that relies on a new theme.

 

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Well, I think the Fathiers would work as a standalone piece--maybe with a grander finale than the cue itself.  While it would be a departure of sorts, he could offer the Battle of Crait as a concert track.  It would function much like the end credits of TFA--comprised mostly of themes for which there are already concert pieces.  

 

For a soundtrack as vigorous, energetic, and bold as it is, the Rebellion Reborn, while very good, just does not seem like a representative sample.  

 

I think it's more or less the same situation that we had with Attack of the Clones. One main new theme = one concert piece. They could indeed release complete action/battle cues, and I'm sure people would love them (think also about the previous movies... a full "Battle of Yavin", a full "Battle of Hoth", or maybe even the full final reel of "Revenge of the Sith", given that the main piece already has the choir...). But they are simply not doing this, perhaps JW does not want it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The score has been officially released. Track titles are now allowed to be posted freely.

 

Well, if that is the principle, that would be pretty much similar to "the movie has been released. Spoilers are now allowed to be posted freely", which we all agree isn't really the case.

 

By the way I have two questions then:

1: why is there still a thread with "no track titles allowed" if they are actually allowed?

2: what's the point of forbidding track titles in threads if they are allowed as soon as the score is released? The track list comes from an official release of the score, usually gets announced shortly before the release of the score and the CD itself is released before the movie: does it make sense to forbid it for a few days? What is the purpose?

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ciarlese said:

 

Well, if that is the principle, that would be pretty much similar to "the movie has been released. Spoilers are now allowed to be posted freely", which we all agree isn't really the case.

 

By the way I have two questions then:

1: why is there still a thread with "no track titles allowed" if they are actually allowed?

2: what's the point of forbidding track titles in threads if they are allowed as soon as the score is released? The track list comes from an official release of the score, usually gets announced shortly before the release of the score and the CD itself is released before the movie: does it make sense to forbid it for a few days? What is the purpose?

Thanks,

 

I have a question myself: if you don't want to read track titles of a Star Wars score, why are you on a John Williams message board 4 days after official release date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, Tom said:

Well that is disappointing.  I was hoping for The Fathiers as well as a surprise or two.  

I was gonna say the exact same thing! That's the least interesting track to have the score to!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gkgyver said:

 

I have a question myself: if you don't want to read track titles of a Star Wars score, why are you on a John Williams message board 4 days after official release date?

 

The are several threads, I was avoiding those about TLJ and enjoying the other discussions, specially those about the latest Matessino's releases.

And FYI, there are thousands of star wars forums where spoilers are still not allowed so your point doesn't really make sense.

Anyway don't want to stay off topic.

Bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Available now and listed on Hal Leonard's website:

Men of the Yorktown (Midway)

That's Entertainment (arr. Williams)

Tribute to the Film Composer (2002 Oscar Medley)

 

And of course the above-mentioned Rebellion is Reborn for preorder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Oh, do you know something more? or it was a quote from a film? I'm confused. :unsure:

 

All your life has been spent in pursuit of Williams relics. Inside The Post are treasures beyond your wildest aspirations. You want to see it printed as well as I. Filmmusic, we are simply passing through history. This, this is history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fal said:

He was quoting Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I knew it sounded familiar..

 

Anyway:

 

Quote

Unfortunately, we do not have any publications from "The Post" in production at this time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, filmmusic said:

I knew it sounded familiar..

 

Anyway:

 

 

 

The search for JW's scores is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want printed scores, filmmusic, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on manuscript. 

 

 

 

 

(Well, I wish I could!)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carlborg said:

Sent HL an email re. The Adventures of Han Signature Edition,

 

 

Heartbreak in a sentence right there.


Hold your horses mate. These things usually take some months to reach commercial publication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dear fellow JWfanners, I have two questions that I hope someone will be able to answer, even though I just cancelled my JP/TLW order.

1. I noticed Hal Leonard has some digital downloads up  now for BB trumpet parts of The Patriot and Liberty Fanfare. Could anyone tell me which format they come in? Are those playable on a computer?

2. This might be a really stupid one, but could anyone tell me who holds the copyrights to all Signature Editions? Hal Leonard's website says that info should be on the first page, but I can't seem to find it on the only edition I have access to, Jane Eyre.

Thank you in advance!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 1:37 PM, filmmusic said:

I just sent a message to Hal Leonard asking if there will be any publication (piano or full score) from THE POST.

Although i don't think so..

I hope this helps for reference:

 

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/the-post-sheet-music/20732579

 

or in Australia...

https://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Post-Professor-John-Williams-By-composer/9781540026170

 

Ordered my copy and awaiting arrival. Cheers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KingPin said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be ordering those as soon as they're out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Am I really the only one who's surprised by the listed HSATP runtime? So short!

It’s 5 minutes long. Which I think pretty much matches JW’s version with BPO last May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...