Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Thanks Jonny... those references will be a great help.

You know, I didn't want to mention anything, but after listening to ToD I suddenly found myself somewhere in eastern Montana next to two oddly shaped bodybags and a man in a suit thanking me for my work.

:)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've just about finished pitch-correcting Raiders. Its definitely easier using the DCC as reference. The only tracks I haven't touched yet are the new ones: Washington Men/Indy's Home, Bad Dates, and Indy Rides the Statue.

Since I have nothing but the movie to compare it to (I don't have the leaked Raiders) it might take a little longer to get them right, so give me a few days for the last 3 cues.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

1. Main Title: South America, 1936 --- - 8.7 cents

2. The Idol Temple --- - 8.1 cents

3. Escape From The Temple --- - 4.1 cents

4. Flight From Peru --- - 6.2 cents

5. Washington Men / Indy's Home ---

6. Journey To Nepal --- - 10.9 cents

7. The Medallion --- - 3.7 cents

8. Flight To Cairo --- - 2.1

9. The Basket Game --- - 5 cents

10. Bad Dates ---

11. The Map Room: Dawn --- - 27 cents

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well --- - 2.2

13. The Well Of The Souls --- - 12.7 cents (actually closer to 12.74, but impossible to acheive)

14. Indy Rides The Statue ---

15. The Flying Wing --- - 7.4

16. Desert Chase --- 0:00 - 2:08 --- - 1.8 cents

16. Desert Chase --- 2:08 - 5:33 --- - 4.9 cents

16. Desert Chase --- 5:33 - end --- - 14 cents

17. Marion's Theme --- - 8.1

18. The German Sub --- + 2.9 Cents (Yeah, its true.)

19. Ride To The Nazi Hideout --- - 4.5 Cents

20. Ark Trek --- - 2.2 Cents

21. The Miracle Of The Ark --- 0:00 - 1:20 --- - 8 cents (still in flux)

21. The Miracle Of The Ark --- 1:20 - end --- - 1.5 cents

22. Washington Ending/Raiders March --- - 4.5

wow. I mean.... wow. :):flameblob:

Okay, I've just about finished pitch-correcting Raiders. Its definitely easier using the DCC as reference. The only tracks I haven't touched yet are the new ones: Washington Men/Indy's Home, Bad Dates, and Indy Rides the Statue.

Since I have nothing but the movie to compare it to (I don't have the leaked Raiders) it might take a little longer to get them right, so give me a few days for the last 3 cues.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

10. Bad Dates ---

13. The Well Of The Souls --- - 12.7 cents (actually closer to 12.74, but impossible to acheive)

Temple of Doom needs pitch-correcting much more than Raiders...

another day gone by, another day KM hasn't received his cd set.

I think the Canadian government has banned all Indy Box Sets from entering the country.

I went to several big c.d. stores today ,hoping to physically hold one until I get mine ,but nobody had it.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

10. Bad Dates ---

Temple of Doom needs pitch-correcting much more than Raiders...

How do you figure?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears the hight pitched whine through The Scroll/To Pankot Palace. I can hear it on every system I've played it on. It's very distracting. I wish I couldn't hear it like some of you guys =( It ruins the track.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

[...]

Jonny, this is awesome

Also: Check your PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears the hight pitched whine through The Scroll/To Pankot Palace. I can hear it on every system I've played it on. It's very distracting. I wish I couldn't hear it like some of you guys =( It ruins the track.

I don't think it ruins the track. I hear it when "To Pankot Palace" starts, but as soon as the brass comes in it ceases to be any issue for me.

Yeah it's been discussed before, there were also links in Amazon Japan and several other sites that had the individual releases that are supposed to be released in 2009.

There's no 100% confirmation though. It appears the cues on disc 5 are only going to be available on the box set.

Still no box this week ,it could be lost or held by customs ,but since there is no tracking number on the parcel there is no way to know. I order a lot of stuff through the mail and it never takes this long.

It was a gigantic blunder for me to change my order from Amazon.

Yea me switching from Amazon to another site delayed me getting the release by a lot as well. Saved money in the end, though

I still don't see the point of induvidual releases. I figure everyone that wants it will get the box.

Maybe they'll correct the sound issues and get us to double dip. :mellow:

I keep telling myself " it's just c.d.'s I will put my shelf ,they will come eventually ,I have MP3's anyways..."

It's a pretty insignificant problem but I just can't help but being bothered about it.

I keep telling myself " it's just c.d.'s I will put my shelf ,they will come eventually ,I have MP3's anyways..."

It's a pretty insignificant problem but I just can't help but being bothered about it.

You can at least look forward to the 5 minutes spent reading the liner notes. That's assuming of course that you are a slow reader.

Neil

The rest of the packaging is nice though, even if the box is juuuuuuuuust barely big enough. They chose great covers for Raiders and ToD.

Highlighted for controversy...

:)

They just used the original covers, like they did for LTC and KOCS.

And a good choice it was. I never cared much for the poster used for the DCC release.

Highlighted for controversy...

Oh, it's exceptionally subtle. But let me clear it up for you.

When it was first announced that they would use the original artwork for the covers, most thought it was cool. But I didn't, and maybe (?) a few others, because I thought the DCC cover was much better. So there was a little argument at the time, and you bringing up the artwork again awoke it inside of me.

Clear?

I prefer the DCC cover. I think they should've all been in the same style as the DCC (i.e poster art etc) because Concord have just used the original covers, when in fact the CDs are not just straight re-issues of the originals.