Which is now your favourite Indiana Jones score?

King Mark

Favourite Indiana Jones Score  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Indian Jones score?

• Raiders of the Lost ark
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well, now that we've heard Temple of Doom and Last Crusade in (almost) all their glory. I also included KotCS since we got a few new cues from the DVD.

Has the order changed from before hearing the unreleased music and only basing your opinion on the OST's alone ?

My favourite is still Temple of Doom,because I was very aware of the unreleased music. I think it's Williams second best score of all times after The Empire Strikes Back. Last Crusade has almost overtaken second place over Raiders for me now, it's about a tie. But regardless Last Crusade got a huge boost with this box set for sure.

KotCS is fourth ,but still improved a lot by adding Warehouse Escape,Jungle Chase expanded and Over the Cliffs.

K.M.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple of Doom, even though Raiders contains the best individual cues in the entire saga (Map Room, Desert Chase & Miracle of the Ark). It's really close on those two. Last Crusade is a distant third and KOTCS is just a dull score.

They are still in the same order:

Raiders

TOD

LC

Having watched the films I knew TOD had some great un-released music and LC's was pretty good as well. But Raiders was always the best and still remains that way.

I haven't listened to my set yet. I only skimmed the beginnings and ends of each track to see if I heard any awkward track splits that should be sewn back up, and I honestly didn't hear any.

Not yet.

thats too funny, I can go in to B&N and get one at anytime, and wont and he wants it so bad and can't get it. :thumbup:

If I could have guaranteed that I would have found one in a store on the 11th I would have just waited and bought it then.

Our Barnes & Noble didn't stock any, I have a friend who works for Best Buy and he looked in the system and saw that they didn't even bother to order any for the two stores in this area.

It was easier just to order it online.

Last Crusade is still No. 1, but ToD overtook Raiders (and I really like Raiders!).

KotCS is a nice score, but in comparison to the others it really doesn't have much to offer (at least in its present state).

Last crusade for me, though missing some cues (after having them in bootleg form) makes the score very noticeably incomplete.

ToD is a revelation, but i still have to listen to it more to rate it agaisnt raiders, which is also great of course.

KOTCS comes last but has the 2nd best chase cue IMO.

Temple of Doom always was my favorite Indiana Jones score (and movie, btw, although some people will probably throw rotten eggs at me now for saying that). It always had the most frantic energy and the best renditions of the Raiders March within the score. When I had only heard the album and hadn't seen the movie yet (I was late in the game with the Indiana Jones movies) I thought the score was good but not much development. But then I heard all the unreleased score in the film... and I had a "holy cr*p" moment. The OST was missing more than all the best tracks! I acquired and created my own DVD rips of the unreleased material years ago when the DVDs came out and although the sound quality was sub-par, I listened to it more than most other soundtrack albums I owned! I didn't care, the music itself was of such a quality that it didn't matter. So when this set came out, even though I pretty much have heard all this unreleased music in another form (with some nice new exceptions), my feelings of the score were elevated only a little bit higher due to the boost in sound quality. Sure the set's representation of the score wasn't my ideal vision, but with about two weeks worth of tinkering and editing, I now have the score exactly the way I want it, with no major omissions in my mind. My old DVD rip set is pretty much thrown out the window. And now because the sound quality is so great for ALL the tracks I have grown to know and love, I play it EVERYWHERE. Even in my car. And if you have never listened to "Short Round Helps" (or in my case, the very end of my "Underground Chaos" edit) while zooming through tightly-cornered streets, then you have yet to live. :D

So in short, yes, Temple of Doom is my favorite score. ;)

Temple of Doom sped up by 4%! ;)

Fixed

Shouldn't that be, "All Indy films sped up by 4%?!" :D

I haven't seen 'em in a store

I have. HMV sell them - £24.99 :)

Still Last Crusade, but all three are so close it's pretty pointless to nitpick quality differences.

...Wait, Indy 4 is actually an option in this poll? Did KM accidently inhale some of the silly gas or whatever it is dentists use today? :P

Some how I think that the 17 ToD votes will decrease a bit if we give this set some time to sink in.

Really? That many people didn't obtain DVD rips of the music long before the set came out? I guess that may be true, some people refuse to listen to DVD rips, even if that is the only way to hear a score (and pretty much, Temple of Doom's score was almost virtually unreleased til now). And I guess some people may have never heard the OST because they didn't want to pay for some expensive used copy or download it "illegally" online.

I pretty much knew all of the music that came up on the CD, with some exceptions like Map/Out of Fuel and The Secret Passage (since they were SFX heavy DVD rips before, and I never included them in my edit because of it) and of course the new moments on the Concord CD that was never in the film (like the parts in Water!). So listening to this score this time around certainly wasn't a totally new experience for me. Sure the hell strengthened it though. ;)

So I'll be standing by my vote. ;)

Well, I love the music from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :lol:

The Jungle Chase, A Whirl Through Academe, The Departure, The Adventures of Mutt, Irina's Theme...

Great stuff!

They are still in the same order:

Raiders

TOD

LC

Having watched the films I knew TOD had some great un-released music and LC's was pretty good as well. But Raiders was always the best and still remains that way.

I quite agree. Raiders always was, and always will be a class act. The other three are merely stewards of its excellence.