Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

Yeah, that words spread about two or so years ago. I guess there was talk, but he wasn't aware GNP holds the rights.

Same with Joel Goldsmith, who on his website posted an image gallery of CD's including future ones to be released, and I pointed out "First Contact" (and two or three others) was on there, to which he said something like I caught him. I even sent an e-mail to help out a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny bit on it, if anything was being done. That, "The Man With Two Brains" and "Call of Duty 3" have still not come to CD. Also owned by GNP.

That's not to say something can't and hasn't been worked out with GNP since, but the current guess is they just weren't aware of the rights issues.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much of an indicator that is - with BOBW on the RJP, it's unsurprising they wouldn't licence it - after all, their CD could be seen as 'completing the set' which could potentially have seen an increase in sales (hell, I went out and bought it when that box came out, and I don't even have it). Also, Treks II and III were released on CD by GNP, both of which have seen a subsequent expansion. Then again, it could be different because the TNG movie OSTs debuted on GNP - however, it depends how much GNP want to go up against the mountain and its "restoration project".

No, as my review of the FSM box set pointed out (at MainTitles.net) is that something must have been worked out, as GNP released two Jones scores, and FSM included all the cues from the other score, so maybe GNP can be delt with.

• 1 month later...

Varese will release Jablonsky's Battleship score on May 8th:

http://www.varesesar...ttleship/Detail

The movie looks like Transformers 4 from the trailers, so why not hire the same composer?

it's transformer 5, transfomers 4 is called the Avengers.

These samples sound interesting! Unfortunately, there appears to be some stylistic tendencies crossing over from Djawadi's score. However, it seems like Navarrete knows what he's doing (or at least I hopeso), despite being forced to attune to today's blockbuster style of scoring. The choral work seems impressive, and I like the main theme.

I'm still looking forward to this.

From the guy who wrote Pan's Labyrinth, those samples are disappointing.

They've tried to mold his sound into a RCP sound and it's not really working for me. Don't like the main theme either... I think this one's not for me.

Well I'm beginning to think the same thing. I was slightly worried about the score since he mentioned how he had to adapt to the "blockbuster style" for this film. And it does sound very RC, but I'm guessing thats the producer's fault. But still, I'm going to be optimist and hope for the best.

At least we can count on it being better than Djawadi.

The album includes almost 45 minutes of the original score

"Almost"? Wow. I was afraid the album was going to be longer. Thank god for that!

Yeah thank heavens there was not more of this music on the CD.

And what can I say about the Wrath of the Titans clips? Navarrete was wasted on this. What he does is a bit more acoustically amped version of Djawadi's übercool macho-RCP anthem-ostinato mish-mash. Oh and there was ambient droning too.

"Almost"? Wow. I was afraid the album was going to be longer. Thank god for that!

Can you imagine if they had done a 60 minutes long album? That would have been so stupid! :lol:

Yeah. Man they would have looked silly. :lol:

And what can I say about the Wrath of the Titans clips? Navarrete was wasted on this. What he does is a bit more acoustically amped version of Djawadi's übercool macho-RCP anthem-ostinato mish-mash. Oh and there was ambient droning too.

When you say he was wasted, do you mean that his talent was not properly used, or do you mean...

drunk-guy.jpg

Probably a bit of both actually. I don't think he could have written such things while sober. I don't know if it was just booze or did he need something stronger to get through the ordeal but he was clearly writing under the influence.

Yep, shame really. When I heard his name mentioned I got quite interested - potentially a great score in there.

If Djawadi was busy, there are plenty of other clones to hire.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the samples. They sound in line with the kind of stuff Twyker wrote for The Perfume.

This sounds nothing like The Perfume, but I think you realized that after posting that stupid comment.

I never said it sounded like The Perfume you moron. I said it was more in line with that kind of writing than what he did with stuff like The Cave.

Anyway, it seems like this is a very heterogenous soundtrack, with some cues having a very modern sound, almost RCP-esque, and some other cues that sound more classical.

I think I'm gonna like Cloud Atlas End Title.

It sounds like it'll have some nice highlights but won't have anything really special as a whole. Definitely hear some RC-esque stuff but also some nice minimalistic material in there.

Cloud Atlas sounds like an eclectic mix. There seems to be classical orchestral touches, minimalism, sound design and synth work all present in these clips.

Cloud Atlas sounds like an eclectic mix. There seems to be classical orchestral touches, minimalism, sound design and synth work all present in these clips.

Which is expected considering it look likes Tron and Waterworld combined.

• 3 months later...

I suppose that if I end up liking Man of Steel I will buy the sountrack...que hell freezing over.

I didn't buy the scores for the last 2 DK films and I liked those movies.

So unless Zimmer writes some good music I won't be buying MOS either. Of course the odds that I'm going to like that film are very low right now, no fan of Zack Snyder.

I didn't buy the scores for the last 2 DK films and I liked those movies.

So unless Zimmer writes some good music I won't be buying MOS either. Of course the odds that I'm going to like that film are very low right now, no fan of Zack Snyder.

me too but I do love Superman far more than Ive ever cared for the Bat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, but upon clicking play on the video you might go "oh yea, I've heard that song on the radio / in a movie / in a commercial / in the grocery store / etc", it doesn't necessarily mean you sought them out and chose to listen to them