Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

On 18/01/2024 at 10:52 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

That album was Heroines in Music. I ordered it on 12 August for €4.99. Today I got a refund, because the album is no longer available…

I got that refund weeks ago, but happily I ordered another copy before it became unavailable.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

I... I just could not resist.

20240216_171909.jpg

And, by the way, what I heard so far is brillant. 

image.jpeg

20240216_125956.jpg

This seems like the perfect way to explore Morricone given his output was so prolific. 

I gotta bite the bullet one day. 

Is either Volume I or II better than the other?

2 hours ago, Andy said:

This seems like the perfect way to explore Morricone given his output was so prolific. 

I gotta bite the bullet one day. 

Is either Volume I or II better than the other?

Volume I is more focused on the bigger, better known stuff with more complete or close to complete OST programs, II is mostly shorter selections from more scores, somewhat deeper cuts. I is for falling in love with him, II is for exploring more.

Ordered direct from Varese:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Should have had City Hall DE too but it sold out so fast I missed it :( :( :(

On 16/02/2024 at 5:24 PM, GerateWohl said:

I... I just could not resist.

20240216_171909.jpg

And, by the way, what I heard so far is brillant. 

This might have a Chance to become my favourite disk of the set.20240223_200815.jpg

Beautiful music.

Ordered today:

L.A.Confidential_1080x.jpg

MouseHunt_1080x.png

SerenityCover_Banner._1080x.jpg

HTTYD3_packshot_900x.jpg

I had Presumed Innocent in my cart too, but it's temporarily out of stock at Varèse and it got kicked out of my cart because of it. Might pick it up later or somewhere else.

I tried ordering from the new site but it refused to take accept my order even though the address fields were complete. 

Anyways..I ordered DIE ANOTHER DAY and PATRIOT GAMES from SAE instead.

Will tackle the Club cds later. Varese is always a hassle!

13 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I had Presumed Innocent in my cart too, but it's temporarily out of stock at Varèse and it got kicked out of my cart because of it. Might pick it up later or somewhere else.

https://intl.varesesarabande.com/products/john-williams-presumed-innocent-the-deluxe-edition-cd/

Just in the nick of time for their prediction of end of Feb, Intrada's got The Rock back in stock and I'm done with the waiting game for a paired release so that's on its way now.

Now got to wait for LLL to get Hook and TLW in stock!

I'm just waiting for 'The Lost World' to make a comeback so I can click on another command.

Yet, 'The Lost World' seems very lost for now.

:huh:

Wow. What's Hanover Street like? I remember the movie being terrible. And that was when I thought Harrison Ford could do no wrong!

Actually it was a blind buy!  The price was … acceptable and it’s Barry from an era I really like scoring WWII romance.  I’ll let you know how I like it.  

Got this today. Took a bit longer but that's because ordering directly to the UK would be to expensive so I sent this to my mum's in Poland.

Disappointed about the packaging not being jewel case to match I-V but what can you do.

20240318_124127.jpg20240318_124131.jpg

Karol

The Rock arrived last week and I had a proper second go through to identify a better curated personal OST.

And now that Hook is back in stock, the wait continues for TLW to come back. It can't be rocket science to find a 5 minute window when they have both available..... right?

Yeah, not bad. Although I’ve only these two and Greystoke The Legend of Tarzan to go by.  I’ve listened to both Final Countdown and Kong Lives and they are nothing if not fun.  They are thematically memorable with action music of the era and perhaps Goldsmith influenced.  The orchestra can sound a bit thin. I’m not sure if that’s due to the recording or orchestrations.  But these are enjoyable enough that I’ll come back for more.  I happen to think the sweeping theme from Greystoke is his most memorable.  

Scott's score for "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" is not bad at all. Probably my second favourite PotA score.

5 hours ago, Andy said:

I happen to think the sweeping theme from Greystoke is his most memorable.

I just remember, it reminded me heavily of "Strawberry Fields Forever".

6 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Scott's score for "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" is not bad at all. Probably my second favourite PotA score.

Agreed but that's Tom Scott.