Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

12 hours ago, Richard said:

Well, it does say "collector's edition" :)

What took you so long, Bes?

I'll always check for the right price!

I just got my hands on these Kunzel that where missing from my CD collection:

- Beautiful Hollywood
- Great Movie Scores from the films of Steven Spielberg
- Epics
- Movie Love Themes
- Fantastic Journey - Music from Batman, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade

- Star Tracks II
- Hollywood's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1

New arrivals.  The first pressing of the VERTIGO from the Mercury label  has a great dynamic sound that was not so orderly in the Varese expansion issue.

Decided to hunt the Varese rerecording of North' s 2001 A Space Odyssey - after  being impressed by the Filmusicte concert that Varese did.

The Herrmann cd and Korngold DVD-A being upgrades for me.

Still no sign of ET 2CD set.

20171022_123254.jpg

I placed an order with LLL on Friday to get a signed copy of the latest Bear McCreary CD, and also to take advantage of their Halloween sale

34504.jpg 34647.jpg 27379.jpg 30046.jpg 31207.jpg

TWD was only $15 and the last three were a tenner each!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I placed an order with LLL on Friday to get a signed copy of the latest Bear McCreary CD, and also to take advantage of their Halloween sale

34504.jpg 34647.jpg 27379.jpg 30046.jpg 31207.jpg

TWD was only $15 and the last three were a tenner each!

Jay, you're gonna love LINK, and if you don't, I'll buy it off of you (I'm not joking).

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There is no expanded edition that I know of.

So do you have any version?

There are two different covers... Not sure what the difference in content, if any, is.

link.jpg

link.jpeg

There is a complete / expanded version/ cues floating around for Link. I believe they are rather sub par as far as quality goes.

19 hours ago, Josh500 said:

That's one Jerry Goldsmith I still don't have. How is it? Top shelf Goldsmith or forgettable? 

I've never heard it before

The OST or the expanded edition?

So do you have any version?

There are two different covers... Not sure what the difference in content, if any, is.

There is a site called soundtrackcollector that answers these questions for you

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/2013/Link

Basically:  Both Intrada and later LLL simply reissued the original OST LP.  There is no expanded release.

Today on Amazon I pre-ordered the OSTs to The Last Jedi, Coco, and Justice League.  Pre-orders for The Post and Ferdinand aren't up yet.

Jaws - Collector's Edition.

I have the feeling that I build my JW collection backward sometimes... but the result is here!

It's hard to make up for lost time.

I just ordered three other Kunzel (with JW music) I had forgotten in my previous Amazon command:

- American Jubilee

- Christmas is Here

- Mega Movies

IMG_20171103_181536.jpg

Forrest Gump is filled with classics I didn't even know I could sing along to, and I'd probably never own them any other way.

I usually don't connect much with Vangelis' style, listening to a full score from him would probably be overwhelming. But this... Except for the two unlistenable bonus tracks, I love every single track here! More than half of them I already knew from before I bought this, I just have no idea where I could have heard La Petite Fille De La Mer or L'Enfant and stored them so well in my subconscious that I could hum along immediately on the "first" listening.

Well, I have now a not-so-bad Erich Kunzel discgraphy.

I think (I write "I think"), I now have all of his albums where he plays a John Williams composition.

But as no one seems to have ever made, an online real discography of Erich Kunzel, even looking at this awefull and totally useless "fan" website https://sites.google.com/site/theultimateerichkunzel/home, it's hard to know if I miss an album or two... According to the albums documented on Discogs, I have all of them... but is Discogs complete... that's the question.

No they are not old albums... please don't notice the two of them that passed under the saw...  :P

IMG_2270.JPG

I guess some of the young members here don't know what those "saw" marks indicates. It's a practice that originate from the LPs era, and some merchands continued it with CDs. ;)

A nice selection of fine scores, Jay.

PRIMAL FEAR is a "tense" score, from a good thriller. Edward Norton is great.

The booklet cover is a bit of a spoiler, though :)

Ps, how are you getting along, with LINK? It's a little...different, isn't it..?

The Lethal Weapon boxset was $100, but the other 6 titles came to under $60 total so were basically less than $10 each

I never said he wasn't splendid.  One doesn't have to collect his CDs to legally listen to it all via streaming services.