2002 Syndrome

4 Williams scores. 1 year.

You listen to any one of them, you want to listen to them all. The nostalgia of having to choose from 4 different CD covers and also having to buy another copy of Star Wars at Target because you had no idea that there was a bonus track. Hearing the Chase Through Coruscant in Chamber of Secrets, thinking to yourself when John Anderton says he's going to kill Leo Crowe that, musically, you've been here before with that goof Hayden Christensen and the Sand People. Why is the music so low? Should I be complaining to the guys in the projection room? I'm still logging into this and Star Wars fan sites via my crappy dial-up connection for news on the Episode II Ultimate Edition. Anyday now, it's coming. Crap. Canceled?? Then there's Catch Me If You Can. That's a fun one, and, wait, is that some of the AOTC love theme in the opening title?? I call this 2002 syndrome. Does anyone else suffer from this condition?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my AOTC at Wal-Mart, because it was originally reported that they would have the bonus track. Instead I ended up with a stupid screensaver. :)

Me too.

I got my AOTC at Wal-Mart, because it was originally reported that they would have the bonus track. Instead I ended up with a stupid screensaver. :)

What was the bonus track, and how in the name of Zeus' butthole can you have an "extra" track, on a c.d., anyway?!

I wasn't into film music back then. Took me another year before I was even getting single tracks from Kazaa.

how in the name of Zeus' butthole can you have an "extra" track, on a c.d., anyway?!

Pretty easy if the CD isn't filled up to begin with.

I wasn't into film music back then. Took me another year before I was even getting single tracks from Kazaa.

how in the name of Zeus' butthole can you have an "extra" track, on a c.d., anyway?!

Pretty easy if the CD isn't filled up to begin with.

That is my point: if the c.d. isn't full, it is not possible to have an "extra" track. What you can put on are "hidden" tracks (alternate "Main Title"s from "Star Wars", for example).

What was the bonus track?

On the Conveyor Belt

And how in the name of Zeus' butthole can you have an "extra" track, on a c.d., anyway?!

By not putting it on the track list and issuing copies to other stores without this 14th track on it.

Of course the whole thing was sort of a moot point in Europe, where the "bonus track" was on EVERY SINGLE COPY.

Oh how well I remember the days of the great US AotC sales location confusion.

Brings back memories.

Yes it was hilarious. I just waited until someone confirmed the bonus track @ Target and went and got it there.

The bonus track was on every copy in Australia back in 2002, no matter which cover you bought (I had to hunt for the Struzan cover). These days if I see it in stores, it doesn't have the bonus track, which must mean stores must import copies from the US rather than the local Sony manufacturers.

My first copy was the Yoda Doc Brown cover where it looks like he's using dark side powers and inspired debate. My Target copy is the Anakin/Padme one since it was either that one or the lame Jango Fett cover. If I had a choice of them all, I would have definitely picked the poster.

With Chamber of Secrets they included both the poster cover and the character one (I got Ron).

Of course the whole thing was sort of a moot point in Europe, where the "bonus track" was on EVERY SINGLE COPY.

Not true. The extra track was nowhere to be found on the Portuguese cds

My first copy was the Yoda Doc Brown cover where it looks like he's using dark side powers and inspired debate. My Target copy is the Anakin/Padme one since it was either that one or the lame Jango Fett cover. If I had a choice of them all, I would have definitely picked the poster.

With Chamber of Secrets they included both the poster cover and the character one (I got Ron).

My Chamber Of Secrets had Harry, but I just put that slip behind the actual booklet. As for Attack Of The Clones, mine has the poster, unless it's the same as the Anakin/Padme one you're talking about. It has them at the top, and a whole bunch of other stuff around them.

When I originally got AOTC's score I got it from Wal-Mart and had the one with Anakin and Padmé on it so no bonus track. About a year ago though I managed to pick up the Target version with the bonus track from ebay. Of course the spare disc with out the bonus track I chucked after I got the one with the bonus track.

My AOTC had Yoda scowling on the cover. The bonus track later found its way into my collection. I didn't bother with anything else that year, though I quite enjoy the score to Catch Me If You Can in the context of the film.

I remember the AOTC CD had copyprotection on it, so it would not play on computers.

I also remember it worked fine, and continues to work fine on every computer I ever had.

you actually still play it. I passed this year in my yearly JW listening run through, as I saw no point in every playing it again.

I remember the AOTC CD had copyprotection on it, so it would not play on computers.

I also remember it worked fine, and continues to work fine on every computer I ever had.

I think that problem was only with the European release.

I never had any trouble getting it to play, either. Must have been a tradeoff - you either get the bonus track (Europe) or the ability to privately play the CD on equipment you've legally purchased (U.S.). Hmmmm....I'm thinking...

What really bothers me about cassettes is the distortion and dips in sound whenever the tape is slightly used ..what's that called wow and flutter?

We didn't get the bonus track here. They didn't have the poster cover when I got it so I got the Jango one which seemed like the best of the rest, probably should have looked elsewhere but the urge to listen to the damn thing was probably too big... boy was I going to be dissapointed.

I never had any trouble getting it to play, either. Must have been a tradeoff - you either get the bonus track (Europe) or the ability to privately play the CD on equipment you've legally purchased (U.S.). Hmmmm....I'm thinking...

In asia i had the bonus track and no problems playhing it

This is what it sounds like to listen to AOTC on CD:

Hissssssssssssssssss

I've heard cassette tapes with less hiss.

Oddly enough, the mp3s that leaked before the OST came out (supposedly from a promo copy) have way less hiss than the OST does.

How do the tracks used on the ROTS OST DVD sound?

I only got my hands on Attack of the Clones earlier this year.

Found a copy on eBay (shipped from the UK) with both the poster cover and bonus track.

On the cover it has a little notice that says "Will not play on PC or Mac".

I only noticed that after it arrived but I've never had any problems playing or ripping it on my computer.

Then there's Catch Me If You Can. That's a fun one, and, wait, is that some of the AOTC love theme in the opening title?? I call this 2002 syndrome.

Haha, I noticed that too guess he was writing them at the same time!? I think JW made a good job of the rest of those scores though.

BTW has anyone listened to A.I abandoned in the woods (2001) and Star Trek Insurrection (1998): The Drones Attack and also if you want to take this a step further Kevin Riepl's Huxley video game. It's the same theme!! I wonder who originally composed it and if it were on the temp track.