Danny Elfman's Batman (2CD Complete)

Jay

Have you ever had to look again at the top of the screen to remind yourself what thread you're reading again?

I wonder should I buy it, or should I wait until it is confirmed that if it will be included in the Elfman box set.

I just was really confused for a minute whether that Elfman box set comment was meant to be ironic because I confused it with the hypothetical Harry Potter box set thread.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this thing available for order? It's supposedly being released next Tuesday but I've been all over the LaLa Land site and don't even see it listed. You'd think if the release date is only three days away, they'd be promoting it heavily on their site.

On the other hand, I could just be missing something blindingly obvious. Wouldn't be the first time.

It's only available right now if you're at Comic Con and La-La Land is there at Comic Con. Non of us internet folks can't order from their site until Tuesday. MV stated though for us not to worry he'll have plenty of copies for us internet folks.

So is this thing available for order? It's supposedly being released next Tuesday but I've been all over the LaLa Land site and don't even see it listed. You'd think if the release date is only three days away, they'd be promoting it heavily on their site.

On the other hand, I could just be missing something blindingly obvious. Wouldn't be the first time.

It's only available right now if you're at Comic Con and La-La Land is there at Comic Con. Non of us internet folks can't order from their site until Tuesday. MV stated though for us not to worry he'll have plenty of copies for us internet folks.

I see. Well, that explains it. Still, you'd think they'd at least have it advertised on their site, even if they weren't taking orders until the day of release.

I see. Well, that explains it. Still, you'd think they'd at least have it advertised on their site, even if they weren't taking orders until the day of release.

They never advertise any of their releases on their own website until the releases are in stock. Every announcement is made on the Film Score Monthly message board.

You will NEVER see advertising on the official LLLR website about a release before it has come out. The first time the site mentions it is the same time that they have it available for order.

They generally release new CDs every 2 weeks, almost always on Tuesdays, almost always at NOON PST (3pm EST).

For a list of the dates LLLR will release CDs for the rest of the year, as well as what some of the releases are, check out this link:

http://en.wikipedia....La_Land_Records

Other than that, as others mentioned, you will have to monitor the threads at the FSM message boards, or the official LLLR thread on this board, to find out the latest info.

Ya I can't wait to get this myself. This score has been needing a complete and remastered version for a long time. I'm really looking forward to checking out all the unreleased cues. It sort of sucks though we gotta wait until the 27th to place an order.

Very excited about this score. This and its sequel are my two favorite Elfman scores by far. But exactly when does it go on sale? I've tried to order it today and I see no news of it on the website anywhere.

...almost always at NOON PST (3pm EST).

Damn, that's what I thought. Went online early for nothing. :)

an hour and a half to go!

Don't forget that you don't HAVE to order directly from La La Land.

You can also order from your favorite soundtrack store (ie Screen Archives, Movie Music, Intrada, etc). Those sites just can't list them until after LLL does

La-La Land's site was down for a bit there.

BTW, great avatar, shockwave! "YOU CANNOT ESCAPE!" *FIRES*!

Thank you very much Chris ;)

:) I remember that line from 2pt of "the ultimate doom?" ep.

Order went through via La-La Land directly. Almost missed Poseidon Adventure from La-Land - which isn't a favorite but part of my John Williams complete collection, luckily SAE got some more in and I got one late - so I wasn't going to miss this one being one of my all-time favorites.

La-La Land's site was down for a bit there.

BTW, great avatar, shockwave! "YOU CANNOT ESCAPE!" *FIRES*!

Thank you very much Chris ;)

:) I remember that line from 2pt of "the ultimate doom?" ep.

Yep, one of the best stories of the whole series. (It almost looked like Shockwave died in that one based on some of that animation.)

Dear lord I can't wait to get this. Just listened to the clips!

I'm debating whether I should hold off until another title is released, though. How soon do you think it will sell out?

When is Returns coming out?

Ordered Batman and Krull from MovieMusic, and threw in A Guide for the Married Man to get $1 shipping.

My first Elfman and Horner* purchases, and another fun sounding Williams limited edition checked off the list.

*Technically Casper was my first, but that was a gift for my sister.

It's assumed to be November 30th, but since Neil just got the materials last week, you never know what could happen. It could end up getting delayed until 2011 if there is extensive work to be done, no one available to write notes, etc.

Wow, so has mine. LaLa is on top of things!

Me three ;) I'm guessing I should receive Batman by Saturday...just a guess ;)

But yeah LLL is fast with the ordering and shipping :lol:

Listened to the first 25 minutes or so of this this morning while driving to work. So far I haven't heard anything that was missing from the OST that was that spectacular - most of the unreleased music so far has been quiet "padding" music bridging louder action cues. But I'm sure there will be lots of great unreleased music to be discovered in the remaining 50 minutes of the first disc I haven't heard yet.

Wasn't there supposed to be a big version of the main theme somewhere in the early tracks that people have been waiting 20 years to hear isolated? Where was that? Cause I clearly missed it

Jason you received the sdtk today? :o Whoa that was fast :D . I live in RI a close neighbor, and I'm glad that a fellow New Englander received their copy. :cool:

I haven't even ordered my physical copy yet - since I missed out on getting a signed Predators ordering direct from LLL, I'll probably wait till Tuesday and order Batman, Krull, and Predator 1 (Intrada) from moviemusic, and just get Predators from amazon sometime I have something else to order (since its $13.99 there, and free shipping)

Though when I did order the last LLL batch (The Edge and Speed 2) direct from LLL the minute they went on sale on that Tuesday, I think they arrived on either Friday or Saturday. Takes a little while to go from California to New England :cool:

I haven't even ordered my physical copy yet - since I missed out on getting a signed Predators ordering direct from LLL, I'll probably wait till Tuesday and order Batman, Krull, and Predator 1 (Intrada) from moviemusic, and just get Predators from amazon sometime I have something else to order (since its $13.99 there, and free shipping)

Predator is confirmed?

No, but I can't think of anything else it could be. If it isn't Predator, or something else I want, I can throw in a Williams OST I don't have or something

Hahaha. I own all the major Williams OSTs. I'm talking about things like Stepmom, Presumed Innocent, Always, Sleepers, Amistad, Rosewood - I don't have those.

Says my order already shipped. Woo-hoo! That sure makes a nice change from my usual luck!

How do you know that? Did you get an e-mail or something? I'm asking, because it's the first time I'm ordering something from them.

Karol

Says my order already shipped. Woo-hoo! That sure makes a nice change from my usual luck!

How do you know that? Did you get an e-mail or something? I'm asking, because it's the first time I'm ordering something from them.

Karol

I believe for those who placed the order will receive an email confirm. As of yesterday late afternoon I received a 2nd email stating the item has been shipped via USPS. However I didn't get a tracking # well not yet I assume.

Hope this helps. :cool:

Karol

I believe for those who placed the order will receive an email confirm. As of yesterday late afternoon I received a 2nd email stating the item has been shipped via USPS. However I didn't get a tracking # well not yet I assume.

Hope this helps. :cool:

Yes, it's an email confirmation.

Yes, it's via email. First email confirmed my order, second email confirmed my order shipped. No tracking number, but I don't think LLL typically has tracking numbers, do they?

Hahaha. I own all the major Williams OSTs. I'm talking about things like Stepmom, Presumed Innocent, Always, Sleepers, Amistad, Rosewood - I don't have those.

Neither do I, and they're not on my radar.

Shame on you, shame on you!

Now seriously, there is some great ammount of good music throughout all those CDs.