Danny Elfman's Batman (2CD Complete)

Jay

BATMAN (1989): LIMITED EDITION: 2 CD-SET (Expanded Archival Collection)

LLLCD 1140

Music by Danny Elfman

Limited Edition of 5000 Units

As part of our Expanded Archival Collection, La-La Land Records presents the World premiere release of the film version of Danny Elfman's acclaimed original score to the 1989 Warner Bros. blockbuster BATMAN, starring Jack Nicholson, Michael Keaton and Kim Basinger and directed by Tim Burton. With a running time of 144 minutes, this 2-CD SET, produced by Dan Goldwasser, Neil S. Bulk and MV Gerhard, and remastered by James Nelson, features the previously unreleased film version (mix/edit) of Mr. Elfman's score, as well as a remastered presentation of the 1989 soundtrack album and never-before-released Bonus Tracks. 20 Page CD Booklet features in-depth liner notes by Jeff Bond. Limited Edition of 5000 Units

ABOUT THIS RELEASE: In order to present as much music as possible from Batman in the best possible quality, multiple sources were utilized with the best-quality elements selected for each cue on an individual basis. For disc one and the bonus cues on disc two, three sources were used: Eric Tomlinson's 35mm 4-track mixes, 1/4 inch stereo mixes and a stereo 35mm music only track. The album cues on disc two were sourced from the original digital album master featuring Shawn Murphy's stereo album mix.

TRACK LISTING:

Disc One: Original Score (film version)

1. Main Title* (2:42)

2. Family*/First Batman*/Roof Fight* (3:24)

3. Jack Vs. Eckhardt* (1:37)

4. Up Building*/Card Snap* (1:54)

5. Bat Zone*/Axis Set-Up* (1:55)

6. Shootout* (5:42)

7. Dinner Transition*/Kitchen Dinner* (**)/Surgery* (3:00)

8. Face–Off* (**)/Beddy Bye* (3:59)

9. Roasted Dude* (1:03)

10. Vicki Spies (Flowers)* (1:56)

11. Clown Attack* (1:59)

12. Photos*/Beautiful Dreamer* (***) (2:30)

13. Men At Work* (0:33)

14. Paper Spin*/Alicia's Mask* (0:30)

15. Vicki Gets A Gift* (1:13)

16. Alicia's Unmasking* (1:10)

17. Batman To The Rescue*/Batmobile Charge*/Street Fight* (4:25)

18. Descent Into Mystery* (1:33)

19. Bat Cave*/Paper Throw* (2:48)

20. The Joker's Poem* (0:59)

21. Sad Pictures* (0:38)

22. Dream*/Challenge*/Tender Bat Cave* (**) (4:28)

23. Charge Of The Batmobile* (1:43)

24. Joker Flies To Gotham (Unused)*/Batwing I* (0:31)

25. Batwing II*/Batwing III* (6:02)

26. Cathedral Chase* (5:07)

27. Waltz To The Death* (3:58)

28. Showdown I*/Showdown II* (5:05)

29. Finale* (**) (1:47)

30. End Credits* (1:29)

Disc One Total Time: 75:40

Disc Two: Original Soundtrack Album (remastered)

1. The Batman Theme (2:37)

2. Roof Fight (1:22)

3. First Confrontation (4:43)

4. Kitchen/Surgery/Face–Off** (3:09)

5. Flowers (1:51)

6. Clown Attack (1:46)

7. Batman To The Rescue (3:57)

8. Roasted Dude (1:02)

9. Photos/Beautiful Dreamer*** (2:31)

10. Descent Into Mystery (1:33)

11. The Bat Cave (2:35)

12. The Joker's Poem (0:59)

13. Childhood Remembered (2:43)

14. Love Theme** (1:30)

15. Charge Of The Batmobile (1:41)

16. Attack Of The Batwing (4:45)

17. Up The Cathedral (5:05)

18. Waltz To The Death (3:56)

19. The Final Confrontation (3:48)

20. Finale (**) (***) (1:46)

21. Batman Theme Reprise (1:31)

Bonus Cues:

22. News Theme* (0:11)

23. Joker's Commercial* (1:23)

24. Joker's Muzak (unused)* (1:15)

25. Main Title (alt 1)* (2:42)

26. Photos*/Beautiful Dreamer (alt)* (**) (2:33)

27. Batman To The Rescue (original ending)* (0:52)

28. Charge Of The Batmobile (film edit)* (1:47)

29. Main Title (alt 2)* (2:47)

Disc Two Total Time: 68:20

Total Running Time: 144:00

* Previously unreleased

** includes "Scandalous" composed by Prince with John L. Nelson

*** includes "Beautiful Dreamer" composed by Stephen Foster

BATMANFC.jpg

Sounds great!! Can't wait to check it out.

And a huge congrats go to our very own Neil S. Bulk for the producing credit! Huzzah!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I can't wait to get this myself. This score has been needing a complete and remastered version for a long time. I'm really looking forward to checking out all the unreleased cues. It sort of sucks though we gotta wait until the 27th to place an order.

I think its funny that they put a * next to every single track on disc 1, lol

I cannot wait to hear the TWO alternate main titles!

I think its funny that they put a * next to every single track on disc 1, lolI cannot wait to hear the TWO alternate main titles!

Indeed......... :lol: As for the alt tracks I wonder if Elfman composed a different theme altogether. Well I can wait to hear the samples hopefully on July 27th. :cool:

if I understand correctly, it's just the mix that differs right? It's not a different recording on disc 1, is it?

No, disc 1 is the film version of the scores, never before released.

While I like some part of this score, it's one of my least favorite Elfmans, and I rarely listen to the OST.

It seems sacrilegous to say, but it ain't hot cakes to me, either. The Goldenthals would have been a tad more exciting.

I'm hoping we'll hear the music at the beginning of this clip:

I for one am very excited. I think this release will be a revelation of sorts. I've always felt the film mix sounded better, and I think the improved sound quality alone will knock our socks off.

I'm hoping we'll hear the music at the beginning of this clip:

I for one am very excited. I think this release will be a revelation of sorts. I've always felt the film mix sounded better, and I think the improved sound quality alone will knock our socks off.

That piece could be the alt track, maybe? :D All I can say is damn I better save up big time to attend Comic-Con 2011. :lol:

Batman was the first non Williams score I bougth, so it opened a "new world" for me, I love it so I'll get it, specially since there's a chance I might get it without paying shipping. But I don't like this trend of including a second CD with the album presentation that seems to be so popular lately.

While I like some part of this score, it's one of my least favorite Elfmans, and I rarely listen to the OST.

It seems sacrilegous to say, but it ain't hot cakes to me, either. The Goldenthals would have been a tad more exciting.

:D

Ryan Keaveney already confirmed on the FSM boards that it is :lol:

That's cool well atleast we heard some of the music on that youtube segment. :huh:

Why is it called "Expanded Archival Collection"? Is it absolutely complete or just expanded?

The Quest for Ever More Impressive Sounding Release Categories.

Why is it called "Expanded Archival Collection"? Is it absolutely complete or just expanded?

I think most of their collection is "Expanded Archival"...not sure why they call it that either. However, for Batman it's definitely 100% complete from the looks of the track listings and times.

Edit: I just emailed MV asking why they call some of their releases this.

I can't wait to hear the complete "First Confrontation" and "Attack of the Batwing." This will be 100% ordered on the 27th! I'm so glad to see this is finally coming to fruition--and the news that Batman Returns is on its way is also great--there is some impressive unreleased material on that one.

The 27th is my wedding anniversary. I'll be off on an island in Washington State. I hope I have an Internet connection because I do want to order Batman.

La-La Land is obviously trying to get all my hard earned money this year. :huh:

I do have the OST but I can't resist the lure of the film version of the score. This actually is one of the scores that cemented my love for film music and made me take notice of a score in a film.

In case anyone missed it in the LLL thread, the retail price of Batman will be $29.98.

And when it goes on sale Tuesday July 27th, their release of Shirley Walker's The Flash will be on sale through their site for $19.98

I've got a friend going to Comic-Con, and I'll give them $30 for Batman.

I have the OST sitting around somewhere, but this is the kind of score that really deserves this treatment.

Thats awesome! And now you dont have to pay shipping!

There's a chance your friend could get Elfman to sign it as well!

Your wish will come true at a later point.

Batman Returns is coming from LaLaLand.

That's when I'll get excited. Elfman only really developed his music in the sequel.

I like both Batman and Batman Returns almost equally, for entirely different reasons. They are both great scores in their own ways.

I hope Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Edward Scissorhands and Mission Impossible can get the deluxe treatment next.

I like both Batman and Batman Returns almost equally, for entirely different reasons. They are both great scores in their own ways.

I hope Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Edward Scissorhands and Mission Impossible can get the deluxe treatment next.

I concur regarding both Batman scores. ;) My only question is that there is an iso-score on the Edward Scissorhands DVD and would an expanded/complete Edward Scissorhands sdtk actually sell? :P For me yup I would buy it because I will not buy any of those pirate thingys. However I hope the upcoming Alien boxset won't interfere with LLL Alien Resurrection CD release. Honestly I would prefer Alien 3. ;)

I'm not being negative really it's just the timing of both releases. But I hope LLL has something special w/their Alien:R release say alternate tracks, etc...

Sorry to get off the topic. ;)

Yea I know Pee Wee, Beetlejuice, and Edward Scissorhands all have iso scores on their DVDs, but there's really nothing like a well produced soundtrack album to really present the score in the best possible way.

Yea I know Pee Wee, Beetlejuice, and Edward Scissorhands all have iso scores on their DVDs, but there's really nothing like a well produced soundtrack album to really present the score in the best possible way.

I agree really. That's why I'm hoping for Alien 3 in the near future. I totally forgot about Mission Impossible,I should rent the flick, it's been a while.

Yea, I haven't seen it in ages. Possibly haven't seen it since I got the score CD.