Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

There's plenty of fine looking, very sexy women at that age. Peggy Lipton was in her forties in Twin Peaks and she was absolutely stunning. There's a lady in Transparent I'm watching called Amy Landecker, she's 47 and still very attractive (and damn sexy).  

o3t8AYj.jpg

Some women age better than others, same as men do. How old are you now Drax? 

I don't think this is going to happen. The year delay is just to save face, and it's just not a priority for Spielberg, Ford or the Mouse House.

And Disney's being a dick with taking out all these dates and all.

11 hours ago, Matt C said:

I don't think this is going to happen. The year delay is just to save face, and it's just not a priority for Spielberg, Ford or the Mouse House.

Very likely, yea.

11 hours ago, Matt C said:

And Disney's being a dick with taking out all these dates and all.

What does this mean?

Yeah, all the major studios schedule out their tentpole films like that.  It's actually nice of them because then Paramount or Warner Bros. or whoever have more information to help them schedule their movies.

There are only so many weekends in a Summer.  In the current tentpole film climate, there has to be advance planning and coordination between studios.  There just has to be.

10 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

There are only so many weekends in a Summer.  In the current tentpole film climate, there has to be advance planning and coordination between studios.  There just has to be.

Yup.

They obviously have to do advance planning but really don't "coordinate" so to speak. The big dog wins.  When a studio says they're staking out X date for a tentpole, it's a signal to the other studios to stay away. If another studio thinks they have something bigger and more appealing, and puts it on that date, the first studio can move off...it's happened before.  No one is doing it to be nice or helpful to a rival studio. Disney isn't announcing this now so James Cameron can better make his Avatar plans. They're taking those dates because they can...and it's whats best for their films. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ever watch Planet Earth? Look at the Lions. You've got the alpha male, who defends his territory and is king of the hill...until a bigger male comes along and he has to bolt. Same thing.

17 hours ago, Matt C said:

Of course it's going to happen. Disney has top men working on it.

8 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm blindly allowing myself to hope it's because they're getting rid of Koepp and starting over on the script.  Make my fantasy reality, Steven.

A year's delay hopefully means various key people aren't happy with his script. Production was still at least a year away and yet they delayed the whole film for another 12 months - doesn't strike me as a script they have much faith in, and he's already been working on it for over a year. Hopefully Koepp is replaced.

Or perhaps another project came onto Spielberg's radar that he's fast tracking for 2018? Mortara?

7 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Or maybe, it means Spielberg got another idea

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

A year's delay hopefully means various key people aren't happy with his script. Production was still at least a year away and yet they delayed the whole film for another 12 months - doesn't strike me as a script they have much faith in, and he's already been working on it for over a year. Hopefully Koepp is replaced.

Or perhaps another project came onto Spielberg's radar that he's fast tracking for 2018? Mortara?

I think Disney just figured with Covenant, Arrival, Life, etc. it would be better to wait a while before releasing another movie featuring aliens.