JWFan debuts Lincoln Original Soundtrack samples!!

Jay

I think there's isn't a single piece of sample that hasn't touched the very core of my soul. They are *that* good.

Some of the people that got this score early are saying this is what they expected from Johnny. Maybe a little, but a lot of these samples have really surprised me, and in a great way! I wasn't expecting the more light-hearted cues and that incredible chorus on track 15! I mean, wow!!! That's jaw-dropping stuff.

And the hymnal stuff moves me to tears, it's simply beautiful. Also, I can't wait to hear more of the solos in general, particularly the cello one, which sounded simply spectacular.

Now I really can't wait!!!

The final track excerpt suggests something really exquisite and it reminds me of Jacqueline Schwab's work for Ken Burns on several of his movies.

JC

I love it! This seems to be a pretty solid score, though perhaps not quite on the same level as War Horse.

Track 15 reminds me a bit of "Stored "Memories" from A.I, which has to be one of the most underrated and emotional chroal pieces by JW!

Sounds great! FYI, tracks 4 and 5 have incorrect links.

On the side note:

04. The American Process plays The Blue and the Grey sample, while 05. The Blue and the Grey plays once again the opening cue. ;)

Thanks guys, this has been fixed!

Surprised more people haven't commented so far!

Alright here we go...listening now. Have not heard or read any opinions...so in a few minutes you will all hear my pristine opinion on this. I'm sure you await with bated breath.

Too make it easier on your puny brains, I have created an infographic to demonstrate my judgement of these samples:

to*

puny brain I'll say.

What are you talking about? :ph34r:

I'm genuinely surprised by the lack of discussion about these samples. Is it because it's the weekend?

Sounds like a typically conservative Williams score which I'm sure will be very nice and respectable.

Getting Out the Vote finally answers my lifelong curiosity of what a John Williams scored Super Mario game would sound like.

I'm genuinely surprised by the lack of discussion about these samples. Is it because it's the weekend?

It's the Curse of the Blumenkohl. Your threads are doomed to fail for the next century. Named after the man who was first cursed with this strange curse.

So yeah, Lincoln is an inspirational figure the western world over, but I wonder if there's enough appeal there to put bums on seats inside theatres in any country other than the United States.

I doubt the film will make much money at all, but that has nothing to do with the wonderful music John Williams wrote for us to enjoy here.

I think there's isn't a single piece of sample that hasn't touched the very core of my soul. They are *that* good.

Some of the people that got this score early are saying this is what they expected from Johnny. Maybe a little, but a lot of these samples have really surprised me, and in a great way! I wasn't expecting the more light-hearted cues and that incredible chorus on track 15! I mean, wow!!! That's jaw-dropping stuff.

And the hymnal stuff moves me to tears, it's simply beautiful. Also, I can't wait to hear more of the solos in general, particularly the cello one, which sounded simply spectacular.

Now I really can't wait!!!

Pretty much my thoughts. I love this stuff, and it's so rare that Johnny gets to churn out a truly solo-oriented score. "Getting Out the Vote" made me smile from ear to ear, especially when the bass came in. Really can't wait to hear the rest.

Getting very excited for the movie, as well, everything I'm reading makes it sound like it'll be one of Spielberg's most interesting dramas.

The samples haven't really whetted my appetite for the score. Half of them sounds like they're from either Amistad (Mr Adams cues) or Saving Private Ryan, which isn't music that I am particularly fond of. The other half interests me more. I'm glad Williams makes extensive use of solo instruments this time. I am sure I'll appreciate and like this score anyway, but I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as Tintin and War Horse last year.

I think there's isn't a single piece of sample that hasn't touched the very core of my soul.

And yet gorging myself on thirty fat seconds I feel vulgar and positively sick with over indulgence. Nay, I should have stuck at my originally planned 3.4 seconds of prerelease sampling and be done with it - the utter euphoria felt deep within in my heart, my mind and my blood and guts at that point already threatened to completely overwhelm me to the point of orgasmic exhaustion, but alas I eagerly surfed the spiritual wave washed in by these masterful notes and continued, in my reckless abandon, onward toward the full thirty second feast of ultimate scoring power. And now I am changed. Beware: these samples are devilry!

Yeah, it's strickly forbidden to be enthusiastic about JW's music in this forum.

No. I am enthusiastic about this score.

There's a big difference between enthusiasm and having an orgasmic spiritual experience listening to thirty second samples.

The difference being you need therapy for the latter.