Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Oh, it's true, that happens! Felines do that. They adopt offspring of others when they have of their own, and also after the trauma of loosing them. Dogs too.

The ornitho doesn't exactly caress the other, it stomps its head against the ground when it's trying to get up. That hurts.

What the?

A dinosaur would caress something with its snout or maybe hands... But the feet? What animal interacts with others with the feet?.

The one is this scene. It's a movie. It's about the idea. BTW, you weren't around when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

It will be modern and awful. The CGI will be inferior, no animatronics, Christian Bale and Kristin Stewart will probably star, Zimmer will compose the score, cinematography will be loaded with shaky cam, over-saturated orange hues for indoor scenes, lens flares and muted colors for outdoor scenes. Directed by Michael Bay.

Luke, do any juvenile birds show that kind of behavior? As in, showing curiosity and then picking on another eithout killing them. Sort of like a cat.

I know for sure that when to birds are interacting (mates, mother-chick) they rub their beak or heads.

Feet are for walking, kicking or killing, depending on the species. Oh, yes penguins protect ther chicks between their feet... but this is not what we are talking about.

I suppose young corvids/parrots could be curious as a cat. but young nestlings are just 'eat-sleep-eat-sleep-eat-sleep'.

Anyway a cat, or an unexperienced wild feline may 'play' with some other animal because it has the instict to hunt, but has not learnt to kill yet.

Alex, i dont need to see a living dinosaur to know that as most superior animals do, would interact with others with their heads mainly, where the sense of sight, taste, hearing, smell and touch are located. (sensitive whiskers and feathers are in the head)

I'm surprised! I mean, you have Nedry/Newman on your Avatar! It could be a prequel featuring his entire life leading up to Jurassic Park! Filled with his strange laughter, Shia Labeof-style acting! ;)

Luke, do any juvenile birds show that kind of behavior? As in, showing curiosity and then picking on another eithout killing them. Sort of like a cat.

I know for sure that when to birds are interacting (mates, mother-chick) they rub their beak or heads.

Feet are for walking, kicking or killing, depending on the species. Oh, yes penguins protect ther chicks between their feet... but this is not what we are talking about.

I suppose young corvids/parrots could be curious as a cat. but young nestlings are just 'eat-sleep-eat-sleep-eat-sleep'.

Anyway a cat, or an unexperienced wild feline may 'play' with some other animal because it has the instict to hunt, but has not learnt to kill yet.

Alex, i dont need to see a living dinosaur to know that as most superior animals do, would interact with others with their heads mainly, where the sense of sight, taste, hearing, smell and touch are located. (sensitive whiskers and feathers are in the head)

Luke, how about you watch the movie before making all these assumptions about what this scene means. Yes, the dinosaur was using it's feet because it was going to kill the injured.

I agree with Alex on this. You and Chaac are viewing it from a strictly scientific aspect without second thought. Sure, maybe what it does is not a part of its normal behavior, which is kinda hard to know since they're extinct. We can make close assumptions based on fact, yes, but that doesn't mean something like this is completely impossible. I don't care if it is or not, the scene is not trying to be an accurate portrayal of a day in the life of some dinosaur.

I'm surprised! I mean, you have Nedry/Newman on your Avatar! It could be a prequel featuring his entire life leading up to Jurassic Park! Filled with his strange laughter, Shia Labeof-style acting! ;)

He also has a loud-mouthed offensive racist comic stand-up on his avatar. What's your point?

You and Chaac are viewing it from a strictly scientific aspect without second thought.

Exactly, and this while the film is purely an existential philosophical inquiry.

... the scene is not trying to be an accurate portrayal of a day in the life of some dinosaur.

Right again! With The Tree Of Life we need to look for the themes and meaning behind the story. It's not about the science. Malick looked if the scene felt right to him emotionally. Does it visually conveys the ideas and emotion that wants to bring across and so on. We are dealing with art, not with a documentary on Discovery channel.

Alex

Ok...

Luke, how about you watch the movie before making all these assumptions about what this scene means. Yes, the dinosaur was using it's feet because it was going to kill the injured.

a foot whose structure is made for running and not killing... still Ok you win.. :P

gkgyver-

I know this is completely unrelated to this thread for which I apologize but in the event you don't check your mail on here or get notifications or whatever, wanted to let you know I sent you a message about something I hope you can help me out with. Hope to hear from you. Once again, sorry about being completely off topic.

• 4 weeks later...

I second that, Datameister. Until they shoot this thing, I pretty much will not get excited for any news on this film. It's taken far too long. And at this point I'm afraid the end product will be too far removed from what we associate Jurassic Park to be, unless they make it more like the novels, which I sadly doubt.

I'm obsessed with the JP universe and love all films dearly (the first, in particular, is among my alltime favourite films), but like you I won't get excited untill they're shooting the damn thing. It's been 12 years since the last, and only the recent JP game to satisfy a little bit of the need. So what's 10 more years?!

We were all on the edges of our seats when the raptors cornered Grant, Ellie and the kids. Then, out of nowhere, the T-Rex snatches the thing up mid-lunge. With that glorious Williams fanfare, skeletons crumbling, banner falling and T-Rex roaring, we knew we had clearly just witnessed one of the greatest films of all time. The effects on the culture, that generation of kids innocently going to see the new dinosaur movie, on all of cinema are undeniable.

You know it will be remade. It won't be another badass Aliens-style sequel like The Lost World or even a forgettable cash-in "why did they bother?" Jurassic Park III. It will be an awful modern shaky-cammed, lens-flared Bay, Abrams and Snyder-fied pile of triceratops shit with Zimmer score, Josh Brolin and Amanda Seyfried or some other damn person. I'm hugely pessimistic, but you know I'm also right.

I just don't get all the pessimism every time the prospects of a 4th film is brought up.

First of all, why not wait untill it's here before you judge?

There's so much cynicism here -- often about things that aren't even here(!), I can hardly turn without meeting a sour eye.

You know it will be remade. It won't be another badass Aliens-style sequel like The Lost World or even a forgettable cash-in "why did they bother?" Jurassic Park III. It will be an awful modern shaky-cammed, lens-flared Bay, Abrams and Snyder-fied pile of triceratops shit with Zimmer score, Josh Brolin and Amanda Seyfried or some other damn person. I'm hugely pessimistic, but you know I'm also right.

The Lost World was badass? If you can put it past this guy's humor and short random asides, he does bring up some good points in his review of the film. The Lost World just seems like some cool action scenes strung together.

http://blip.tv/jontron/jurassic-park-the-lost-potential-jontron-6202466

TLW's main selling points for me are the excellent score, visual effects that rival or better their 1993 counterparts, the undeniable fun of watching people get chased and occasionally eaten by dinosaurs, and the general Spielbergy-ness of the thing. Aside from those, it really is a lackluster film. I also take issue with some of your other comparisons, ETAndElliot4Ever - for instance, I actually thought the shaky cam and lens flares were quite effective in certain scenes of Star Trek (if wildly distracting in others and fundamentally unrelated to what made the film work).

But on the whole, I can't help agreeing with your overall sentiment. I'd love to see both of us be proven wrong. But the original film had real cinematic magic to it, and that magic hasn't been truly brought back since '93. It seems unlikely that it'll make a comeback, especially right now.

it will have the next John Williams scoring it. Like last time the main dinosaur will be based on little real life evidence and speculation thanks to some pseudo paleontologist looking to make a name for himself based on some small toe bone that was blown up in an Iraqi museum during the war in the 90's.

The Lost World has a wonderful 70's Godzilla film campiness to it. If only the dialogue and the film were just a 1/4 second off sync.

and no matter how good or bad the overall product the glass breaking sequence is wonderfully intense and memorable.

Well, at least while waiting for Jurassic Park 4 to hit we have this available to us now:

Jurassic-Shark-2012.jpg

:lol:

Awesome.

You can't install a lysine deficiency into an animal that lives in the ocean, since every drug and chemical ingested by land animals eventually makes its way into the ocean, the world's toilet, through our rivers of liquid waste.

Oh sorry, I'm still in "out-geek JWFan mode."

I still maintain that The Lost World is underrated and very entertaining, in the same way that Aliens is. They both shift from the tone of the original, introduce loads of characters with various motives, have guys with guns and then throw them all together to survive the creatures when their mission goes horribly wrong. It's damned good fun. I actually kinda prefer it to the original.

If he ever does something that Spielberg isn't directing, it won't be a sequel for a franchise he's already been involved in or a popcorn movie. Let alone both combined.

If they make a fourth one I hope it features aquatic dinosaurs. Imagine seeing this guy swimming towards you in 3D:

r169_457x256_942_Mosasaur_Reef_2d_illustration_photoshop_creature_dinosaur_squid_marine_dino_prehistoric_underwater_pi.jpg

Aquatic dinos actually feature in the JP game.

Hey good point! I always wondered they didn't go there.

Aquatic dinosaurs? What are the odds that a prehistoric marine reptile -- not technically dinosaurs -- would have been bitten by a mosquito that was then embedded in tree sap? I'd say a lot, lot, lot smaller than those that bit land dinosaurs.

But hey, who am I to talk science here, right?

Well it's still possible if the critter would have been chilling on the shore and attacked by the mosquito, almost as possible as the Chricton version.

But what the heck, take the time-machine. Much easier.

By the way, they did go there in the abysmal third movie, remember? Eh, I can see why not. There is an unseen dinosaur in the water and the giant duck dinosaur swims. There's an entire forgettable lame action scene in a river with the duck attacking William H. Macy in his worst role of all time while they call the child watching Barney on the phone.