Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

I also read that about the JP4 script- that doesn't mean Spielberg will direct, just that there will actualy be another JP movie, cos after 3, that was by no means certain.

I loved one, didn't like two at all except for Pete Postletwaithe's wonderful performance and absolutly hated 3.

The score for the first is a modern classic, the second is absolutely fantastic, but I don't see how people could like the third one. I also don't see how JW gave his seal of approvel to Davis' score.

Pete Postletwaithe's Roland Tembo, and John Williams' score made me love that movie. Even more than 1... I didn't feel that way initially, but now I do. :)

• 8 months later...

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to know if ANYONE out there has heard ANYTHING from the man himself (Mr. Williams), on whether or not he is involved in Jurassic Park IV.

About a year or so ago, there were some rumblings that he may be attached, but I've heard absolutely nothing since then! No interviewers seem to ask him about it.

So if anyone knows anything, I would love to hear it! :mrgreen:

Or if you get the chance to meet John at one of his concerts, I would greatly appreciate if you could ask him about JPIV and post the answer here.

It should be a great film, and it would be a shame if the maestro didn't return for the adventure.

I think there's a need for a final JP episode in which some storylines and characters come together. E.g. when are they going back to Isla Nublar? I also think there shouldn't be too much new characters. I would love to see all the main characters (Goldblum, Neill, Dern, Attenborough) from the first movie and maybe the student from JP3. Julianne Moore should be back but just to get being eaten...no woman so far has been eaten :) Maybe Ariana Richards could return as well...what happened to her? Heard nothing about her since 1993. And I think t-rex should be back to take revenge on spinosaurus because of his defeat in JP3.

And the atmosphere from the first movie should return, which depends greatly on JW's music.

Since it seems this will be an original script (as was JP3, right?), I doubt it would be a good movie. Even with Spielberg at the helm, it'll just be a special-effects film, and it won't matter who the characters are.

Jeff -- who will watch JP4 anyway if Williams scores it

since JP IV and Indy IV are to be filming at the same time, I doubt Spielberg is directing JP IV

Spielberg is undecided as of yet on whether he's directing but he DOES know that the series has been sucking lately and is putting out another sequel because the script is so good, it wont take place in the jungle!

Just finished scouting in hawaii, though so I dont know what to think

Considering that he directing Indy IV next summer at the same time as JPIV is filming, I say it again, he will not be directing it too.

This is one sequel i'd like Williams to keep out of personally.I don't know what he'd do to make an interesting score.He already had problems with The Lost World,after a while all the action cues sounded the same.

K.M.

I said this in another thread,  

JW didn't do JP3 ....

Why would he want to do JP4 exactly?

Because he wasn't that pleased with the JP3 score I think.

Anyway, if Williams has the time, and Spielberg asks him for, (even if he does not direct it) I think Williams would score it...

Luke eager to be in 2005, the year when the three sagas are together. What a wonderful summer i will pass! May EPIII, June IJIV, July JPIV :) They will interfere themselves in the awards though :)

I for one enjoyed most of the JPIII score. I hadn't planned on seeing the movie until I heard it.

It shows Davis' potential far better than The Matrix. (Of course, he did have some great themes to work off of.)

I don't think the JP series is anywhere near the classic Indy is. The first one was amazing with breakthrough FX, and still holds-up with nice action (and good score) but all of the follow ups are much more summer blockbuster throwaways.

JW didn't do JP3 ....

Was he not pleased with it? Hmmmmm has Williams ever commented on the JP3 score? I've never seen that.

Well....I personally thought Jurassic Park III was much, much better than The Lost World....both Spielberg and Williams missed the boat on that one. I generally stop the film about half way through because its so boring. Jurassic Park III isn't quite the spectacular film that the first is, but the film and the score are so much better than The Lost World.

Hmmm so Davis never heard from Williams' how he felt about the score?

I thought Williams' would immediately give Davis a call telling him how he felt once Davis had finished.

Maybe he thought the score sucked? :thumbup:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. JPIII smells like a direct-to-video film all over the place, and it's only because it's part of a multi-million-dollar franchise that it got to play in theatres.

- Marc, has it on DVD anyway. :thumbup:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. JPIII smells like a direct-to-video film all over the place, and it's only because it's part of a multi-million-dollar franchise that it got to play in theatres.

- Marc, has it on DVD anyway. :thumbup:

I'm with Marc on this one!

JP3 sucks ass!

Well....I personally thought Jurassic Park III was much, much better than The Lost World....both Spielberg and Williams missed the boat on that one. I generally stop the film about half way through because its so boring. Jurassic Park III isn't quite the spectacular film that the first is, but the film and the score are so much better than The Lost World.

I totally disagree, especially about the scores. Williams composed a brilliant score for TLW, completely different than any other of his career (that I've heard, in any case). Davis abuses Williams' themes in JP III, I really can't stand it. And while I agree that TLW isn't the great film that JP is, it's miles above JP III. To me, it's a lot of fun, a great action movie. I don't see how it's boring. JP III likewise has some fun action moments, but has the feel that they made it just to create more visually astounding dinosaurs to wow us all. Which, by the way, look the same as or worse than those of the original in '93.

Ray Barnsbury

JW didn't do JP3 ....

Was he not pleased with it? Hmmmmm has Williams ever commented on the JP3 score? I've never seen that.

He (Williams) said on a press conference a few months ago that he wished he would have had more influence on the JP3 score along with Jaws II and Superman IV. If he says so I think it means he wasn't completely satisfied with Davis' job.

In my opinion Davis did a better than average job especially in the action passages for JP3 but his themes are awfully untalented and cliche.

He (Williams) said on a press conference a few months ago that he wished he would have had more influence on the JP3 score along with Jaws II and Superman IV.

Williams wrote Jaws 2.

Neil

He (Williams) said on a press conference a few months ago that he wished he would have had more influence on the JP3 score along with Jaws II and Superman IV. If he says so I think it means he wasn't completely satisfied with Davis' job.

That doesn't mean he dissaproved. Davis was working for the studio, not Williams. Why would Williams dis Don Davis in a press conference? Not Wise. He is saying, in a diplomatic way that he would have liked to have had more input, because his music is being used and he wants to protect his integrity.

The Lost World was a fairly unique score until The Patriot and Star Wars: Episode II arrived with similar stylistics.

Kinda like the Sneakers theme...until Searching for Bobby Fischer, Bicentennial Man, and A Beautiful Mind.

The Horner case is obviously far more extreme.

The Horner case is obviously far more extreme.

Yeah, where did he go wrong, anyway? Did he finally snap on Titanic?

I agree with Rogue, on the concept that Williams shouldn't waste his sequel karma on JP IV. Concentrate on Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Make them great. JP IV will never be on that level.

The Lost World was a fairly unique score until The Patriot and Star Wars: Episode II arrived with similar stylistics.

Yes, but The Lost World is still very exiting and enjoyable, more then The Patriot ever was.

Stefancos- who loves Sneakers.