Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Long liked the idea at the beginning of the Disney Castle appearing before being swiftly slashed to ribbons by Darth Vader and then..."A long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away"

Are you all seriously bitching about the company logos at the front of the film?

Imagine if they removed the Paramount mountain logo in the beginning of Raiders Of The Lost Ark and replaced it with a Disney castle! Now do you get it?!

They will do that some day!

Paramount holds the rights for the first four movies, they're not going to let Disney have them. And they'll have financial participation in future Indiana Jones films, so their logo is going to be on them whether Disney likes it or not.

How would an added Disney logo affect the existing Paramount transition though? It's not like the Fox fanfare and logo ever overlapped with A long time ago...

In fact there's significant moments of black screen silence between the two parts.

Lol, just another mountain out of a molehill as magnified by the spyglass of sensitive movie geeks.

Are you all seriously bitching about the company logos at the front of the film?

Imagine if they removed the Paramount mountain logo in the beginning of Raiders Of The Lost Ark and replaced it with a Disney castle! Now do you get it?!

They already desecrated it in KOTCS when it transitioned into an ant hill!

if Disney makes indy V, it can truly start in germany, with a panoramic of Neuschwanstein castle making the trainsition from the disney logo to film perfect :P

hmmm if true, that episode VII title martch a little with Crucible's evil wich was an ancient sith entity or something... havent read the book yet :P

They already desecrated it in KOTCS when it transitioned into an ant hill!

Oh god I think I'd prefer a Disney logo transitioning into a mountain over that travesty!

How would an added Disney logo affect the existing Paramount transition though? It's not like the Fox fanfare and logo ever overlapped with A long time ago...

In fact there's significant moments of black screen silence between the two parts.

Lol, just another mountain out of a molehill as magnified by the spyglass of sensitive movie geeks.

It wouldn't bother me, but it'd be strange to see Disney, Lucasfilm and Paramount's logos on the same film. But the two companies did partner on Dragonslayer (plus Par's deal for Avengers and Iron Man 3), so it's been done before.

Hey, atleast it was two different sites, and one post has "The", and other has "An"

Hey man, I scrolled up to the top and saw no reference, that's good enough for me!

Have you never noticed the "Bring me to my first unread post in this thread" icons to the left of every post in every forum that has a post you haven't read in it????????

post-50-0-05767500-1399426982_thumb.jpg

Nope. Mobile view automatically opens threads in that way anyway. And I was on my pc at the time and simply clicked the last page of the thread.

Star Wars: An Ancient Fear

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-wars/30380/has-star-wars-episode-viis-title-been-revealed

Maybe? No chance?!

Corny as it is, it already sounds better than The Phantom Menace, and, remember the furore... ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

Am I the only person who actually likes The Phantom Menace as a title? With all the stuff I've been reading online lately, I feel me and Georgie are the only 2.

I've always felt the same way about Attack of the Clones. It's trashy, campy and... quite memorable. Very much in the spirit of the saga. That's what I like about it. I really appreciate Lucas' gut to go with this, instead of some boring Rise of the Empire/Light of the Force/Way of the Jedi type of bullshit. Star Wars (ridiculous name on its own) should have pulpy and silly titles.

Same reason John Carter should have of Mars at the end.

Karol

Star Wars: An Ancient Fear

Is that a reference to Max von Sydow? ;)

Just as I did with the prequels, I try to keep in mind how campy and silly all the films' titles have been. Think about them - really think about them. Star Wars. (A New Hope.) The Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi. If you actually parse what the words mean instead of just listening to their beloved, familiar sound, they're pretty ridiculous. I don't say this to deride the films...I think the titles are part of their charm. Just something to keep in mind moving forward. In that light, I don't even think there's a rational argument to be made for the prequel titles being out of place. They're nothing horrible like "The Dark Knight Rises."

"An/The Ancient Fear" would certainly fit the "article - adjective - emotional noun" structure we've seen in the first films of the existing trilogies. No idea whether this is actually legit, though, and of course things could still change.

"The Empire Strikes Back" is probably the corniest of the six, by today's standards. If they announced a similar title for VII, people would tear it apart. It's like one step removed from "Luke Saves the Day."

See, I don't get the criticism of The Empire Strikes Back as a title. It still sounds awesome to me. The Phantom Menace is a weird title because I associate the word phantom with Phantom of the Opera or Billy Zane in purple spandex. But it's also not that offensive. The only really shit title is Attack of the Clones. It sounds stupid and literally the attack of the clones never occurs in the film.

Clones actually attack in the final act.

"The Dark Knight Rises."

That was a very disappointing choice of a title. Even though it literally ties to the plot (and Hans' chanting!), I can't think of any less imaginative follow-up. Call it Gotham City or something like that (well, now we have Gotham City...).

Karol

See, I don't get the criticism of The Empire Strikes Back as a title. It still sounds awesome to me.

I think it's awesome because the movie's awesome. You can't take it out of context, it just brings to mind all that great imagery, dialogue, sound, and music, making you forget that there is really no other variation on "______ Strikes Back" that doesn't sound lame as hell.

Clones actually attack in the final act.

The titles of the other films at least give a broad description of what the film is about. Attack of the Clones makes it sound like it would have at least something to do with the central plot of the film, or even provide a pivitol moment. Nope. The movie is certainly concentrated on clones, but going in I thought it was about the clones rebelling.

Yeah, I know.

You could argue that Palpatine provoking the Clone War was one of the most important elements, though.

My point was that at least the title is striking (pun not intended) in one way or another. You'll remember it.

Karol

All of the STAR WARS titles are somewhat goofy, but can be justified with the argument that they're based on serials from the 30s, which often had similar titles.

ATTACK OF THE CLONES and PHANTOM MENACE are probably the worst, though.