Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Max should play General Madine. And Serkis can motion capture the entirely CGI Admiral Ackbar. Cast Judi Dench as Mon Mothma and we're all set.

You know it makes sense.

I like how the black guy says he likes John Williams but the music teacher sternly informs him that he's in a music class, not film studies. Bitch.

i didnt understand her whispering correclty....

In fact... i thought she shaid 'this is a music class, not eleventh grade. (meaning school)

Which was way more insulting :P

I'd do my project on Williams just to be reprimanded.

Are you glutton for punishment or do you just fancy that teacher?

The cast seems ok to me. Max von Sydow will be cool to see in a SW movie. He will bring his uncanny unaging, unchanging gravel voiced gravitas to the role. The man looks still almost the same as he did in The Exorcist. And he is 85 years old for pete's sake! :P

He had aging makeup in The Exorcist. But since most people know him from that film ,it's like he never aged since

He had aging makeup in The Exorcist. But since most people know him from that film ,it's like he never aged since

Oh I have seen him in many movies and he always looks uncannily unchanged! He is spooky!

Which is why he will make either an excellent villain or a great mentor/authority figure hero. Or they'll just have him in a supporting role as Al the Bartender at Mos Eisley or something.

To be fair, that Exorcist makeup (along with his performance) is fantastic. It's strange to think he was only 43 when he did that.

Ironically, if they were to slightly de-age Max von Sydow with makeup (or probably CGI), had him wear the Tatooine farmer outfit and put that blue haze shit around him, he could look exactly like Sir Alec Guiness as Ben Kenobi's ghost.

I doubt the new generation (Marvel! Give us Marvel!) wanna see a bunch of old people reminiscing about the good old times. Rumor has it that Solo's part will be considerable. Is that why he sits next to Abrams?

This is to be the bridging movie isn't it. It'll be about the oldies, they'll get caught up in an adventure together, kids in tow/peril no doubt, before handing over to the younglings for the sequels. So the feeling of reunion is inevitable and by all accounts the whole point. With that in mind it makes sense that of the three returning characters they lead with Ford, the movie star.

Then it will be the sappy Indiana/Marion reunion from Crystal Skull all over again. I already can hear Abrams addressing the press saying "The first one didn't turn out the way we wanted but the second film will make up for that tenfold!"

I was always enthusiastic about this project just for the score. I didn't expect to get so excited about the film itself. It's gonna be so surreal to see the big 3 back on screen together, so many decades after RotJ. Cannot wait! :)

Then it will be the sappy Indiana/Marion reunion from Crystal Skull all over again. I already can hear Abrams addressing the press saying "The first one didn't turn out the way we wanted but the second film will make up for that tenfold!"

Wait - you weren't actually expecting to enjoy this movie where you Alex Cremers?

Me? Enjoying Abrams? Huh?!

But everyone else is getting excited so I'm pointing out the warning signs.

Warning signs:

1) Abrams

2) Too much about the old gang - reuniting - sappy

Me? Enjoying Abrams? Huh?!

But everyone else is getting excited so I'm pointing out the warning signs.

Warning signs:

1) Abrams

2) Too much about the old gang - reuniting - sappy

I think the real warning sign is re-hashed Kirk death scene in Star Trek Into darkness. I don't see bringing the actors back as a bad thing it itself. The problem with Indy 4 is that Karen Allen forgot how to act and didn't seem in character( more like, really, I'm in this movie?)

You may be right , but it'll still be better than if Lucas directs it

Some of the stuff in ST Into Darkness was just as bad as Indy 4 or the SW Prequels

So do Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher look more in shape in recent photos?

I never got around to seeing Star Trek 2 after having its big death spoiled in advance. Sort of lost all interest in the rebooted series after that. And to think I even own the Blu-ray of the first movie.

So do Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher look more in shape in recent photos?

I doubt they're gonna be doing all the leg work anyway.

And every single doom mongering whining biatch will still be there, opening week.

Circle of Life.

Oh fuuuuck... I can already imagine BloodBoal's reaction posts.

*shudder*